View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Member Junior Hubber soccer_gal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Da Vinci Code is going to be made into a movie!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/...fc=1;ft=3;fm=1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber aravindhan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ayyo, don't take what our friend Brown says in the Da Vinci Code to be facts.

FACT: Built by the Knight’s Templar in 1446, the Rosslyn Chapel is as memorable for its quantity of stone carvings and religious symbols as for its mythical status as the dwelling place of the Holy Grail.
    That would have been quite a trick, given that the Templars were officially outlawed in 1312. But that's typical of the treatment of dates in the book. From the way he writes, you'd think the witch-hunts and the inquisition started right after Constantine's conversion to Christianity, rather than nearly a thousand years later.

As far as the Priory of Sion hypothesis is concerned, a French judge in 1993 held that the Priory of Sion was a hoax, and Mr. Pierre Plantard has since them been under a court-issued "cease and desist" order that requires him to refrain from doing anything related to the promotion of this hoax.

So whilst it's a well-paced thriller with an interesting (and different) plot, it should be treated strictly as a work of fiction.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let us give this thread a new lease of life by moving it to English Literature section.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Da Vinci Code was really unputdownable (Hehehehe....). But Angels and Daemons did not arouse "that " feeling Da Vinci code cretaed. But it was good reading. I guess the difference being , Da Vinci code was more close to reality. Also not many readers are concerned about Vatican and Rome, but the lineage of Jesus was something very few people dare to touch.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys ,the Da Vinci Code movie is supposed to be shot at a French Museum.Is it true?
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV and Cygs,

Sorry for the late response guys ! I'll post a write up in a day or two on 'Da vinci code'. Was a fine experince reading it.

Senior Member Regular Hubber aravindhan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    Hi Guys ,the Da Vinci Code movie is supposed to be shot at a French Museum.Is it true?
    At the Louvre, no less:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4196221.stm

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldnt put down the book during the first read.
    Couldnt put it down during the second read either!

Thanks for the link, aravindhan.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roshan!

Great to hear from you!

I *highly* recommend Angels and Demons as well. It was in my opinion, at par, if not little better than DVC!
    I bought the new illustrated version of DVC too Couldn't resist!

I just have one confusion though, remember the part where "Madonna of the rocks" and "Virgin of the rocks" are discussed ? I don't get exactly what Brown is attempting to say

Baby Jesus is still being blessed by Baby John the Baptist in the "watered-down" version too, contrary to Brown's ideas. Did I read it right or are my eyes bad??

Could anyone venture an explanation?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,

A zillion thanks for introducing this fantastic Novel here in this hub. And a special thanks to Cygnus for tempting me to purchase it.

Even though I came across a few write ups about this controversial novel in some magazines including Kumudam, I never expected so much of facts in a fiction based story. More than two-third of the book is based on facts and the author has splendidly mixed the facts and imagination in such a way, that any one who reads - would think it's a real-life story.

Reading this novel had given me the opportunity of learning many new things - for which I had some interest already. Till now I've been surfing the net looking for more and more info on certain issues addressed by the author. To mention a few; Interpretations of Leonardo da Vinci's paintings such as The Monalisa, The Vitruvian Man, The Last Supper, Madonna of the Rocks and it's second version Virgin of the Rocks.

I have also been looking for details about the interpretations of symbols and anagrams, the secret society called Priory of Sion, the controversial Vatican prelature and a deeply devout catholic sect Opus Dei and it's dangerous practice called Corporal Mortification and some very crucial incidents that had occurred during the medeaval period - especially during the time of Constantine and many more interesting and surprising facts.

I specially enjoyed the chapters that involved conversation among Robert Langdon, Sophie Neveu and Leigh Teabing. And I'm repeating those chapters for the third time

Overall it was a GREAT read and now I'm tempted to purchase his Angels and Demons - which features Robert Langdon again. I simply loved that decent, intelligent, smart and level headed character

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast