View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are tempting me so much that I'm going to get Angels and Demons 1st!! Read the synopsis on the cover at Popular Bookstore. They're giving a 20% discount, so let me read up 1st and then I'll join you!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    NOV!!!

I just LOVED this book, the historical background, the extensive symbolism, the etymology of everyday words we don't think twice about, everything about it was riveting at best! And I got my husband (who is not a fan of fiction) to read it too! I am going to start Angels and Demons pretty soon.
    Great!
    Yes, he is a remarkable writer, isnt he?
    Gives a new meaning to the word unputdownable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    Did you hear about the movie deal though? Tom Hanks, one of my all time favorite actors, will play Langdon I hope they don't reduce Sophie Neveu to some blond bombshell
    Yucks! I am sure that the movie will not do justice to the book.
    And Tom Hanks? puhleeeez. (
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosha sen
    You guys are tempting me so much that I'm going to get Angels and Demons 1st!! Read the synopsis on the cover at Popular Bookstore. They're giving a 20% discount, so let me read up 1st and then I'll join you!!
    In my opinion, AnD has a better climax than DVC. Enjoy Nirosha!
    20% discount? All Popular stores?
    Then I must get the fourth book. hehehehe
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what other books have you read by John Grisham NOV? I have only read Pelican Brief and The Partner...

Post Thanks / Like
    i have not seen one movie do justice to a novel...well ok besides LOTR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    what other books have you read by John Grisham NOV? I have only read Pelican Brief and The Partner...
    I have all his books and have read them several times over.

As for movies doing justice to books, there are a few. For instance the 1st Harry Potter movie, which was an exact replica of the book.
    Stephen Kings Misery was also nicely adapted (and so was the Tamil version by Sarita. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Several times over? Once i read a novel i hardly ever go back unless i have to use it for an essay...or it's Shakespeare,or poetry...other than that i can never bring myself to read or watch something i have already seen...i might go to fav parts...and glance them over...but besides that no way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    Several times over? Once i read a novel i hardly ever go back unless i have to use it for an essay...or it's Shakespeare,or poetry...other than that i can never bring myself to read or watch something i have already seen...i might go to fav parts...and glance them over...but besides that no way...

I like to re read my books over the years. I have been buying books since my teens and have a small library. Most of my books I have read a minimum of five times.
    Yp, including Agatha Christie, James Bond, Alfred Hitchcok.
    Now rereading The Exodus by Leon Uris for the umpteenth time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Hanks in Da Vinci movie

Double Oscar-winner Tom Hanks will star in the movie version of the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code, detailing explosive theories on the origins of Christianity, producers said Tuesday.

Tom Hanks will play symbologist Robert Langdon in the film of Dan Brown's book that will be directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Ron Howard of Apollo 13 and A Beautiful Mind.

"Tom Hanks is one of the biggest stars in the world today," said co-producer John Calley. "He has all the intelligence, wry sophistication, everyman charm and talent required to bring this role to life, and it's hard to imagine a more perfect fit for the character of Robert Langdon."

The film will be released by Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group on May 19, 2006, the studio said.

The screenplay will be adapted by Akiva Goldsman, who won an Oscar for his work on A Beautiful Mind.

The Da Vinci Code has been on nationwide best-seller lists virtually since its release by Doubleday in 2003, including 87 weeks at the top of the New York Times Bestseller list.

More than 20 million copies of the novel are in print worldwide, and the book has been translated into 42 languages.

The Da Vinci Code film will mark the third time Hanks has collaborated with Howard and co-producer Brian Grazer, following Apollo 13 and Splash. - AFP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    I like to re read my books over the years. I have been buying books since my teens and have a small library. Most of my books I have read a minimum of five times.
    Yp, including Agatha Christie, James Bond, Alfred Hitchcok.
    Now rereading The Exodus by Leon Uris for the umpteenth time.
    wow thats impressive...i dont buy the books cause they just stay collecting dust after i have read them..the only books in my mini-library are academic-wise....what i dont understand is that when you re-read something...you may forget some parts but mostly you remember the everything else...doesn't that bore you?...or can you actually find new things and understand the story more so as you read it each time over?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast