View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roshan,

I'd say you've done an accurate rating. I agree with it myself.

Digital Fortress was his first novel, and perhaps that is why it is not as gripping and riveting as the rest. It is nice to note how he has grown as an author though!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons have some similarities. I loved deception point and found Digitial fortress a good read even though I kind of expected the ending it had.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    da vinci code had a very bland ending. but heard all his ridiculous theories were rejected forthright by experts in art and religious studies. is it true?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    I found Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons have some similarities. I loved deception point and found Digitial fortress a good read even though I kind of expected the ending it had.
    yeah...i noticed Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons had some similarities...I like A&D better though I loved reading the art description and works of Da Vinci in the novel...very interesting to me...

I'm reading Digital Fortress...next is Deception Point...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.chenkalvarayan
    da vinci code had a very bland ending. but heard all his ridiculous theories were rejected forthright by experts in art and religious studies. is it true?
    most of the experts in art and religious studies have rejected these theories...there are some odd ones who will accept...even in Paris, where the movie for this book is being shot, there are some controveries within the churches...

but in the end, I think it's upto the readers to take a view based on their values and beliefs...for me, it's an interesting art novel...i admire Da Vinci paintings...he's an intelligent, riveting artist...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    most of the experts in art and religious studies have rejected these theories
    Of course, one should be careful when you are reading a Dan Brown's fiction. One should always remember Science or religion or arts discussed in these books carry little values and the reality is way off. Sadly, one will be misguided if he/she tries to learn too much of anything but English from these fictions!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A remark to da vinci code!

The Grand father is 67 years old Sophie is 32. Did anyone of you realize this?

Senior Member Regular Hubber buddysathi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always in the first chapter of all the 4 novels, one person is killed. I think that is Dan Brown's style of writing.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My curiosity kindled by all the ravings about DB I decided to give a trial to reading him. As my first choice have just started reading "The Da Vinci Code". It IS gripping! And packed with interesting information!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, finished reading it! Quite a novel experience! A whole novel within a short period covering centuries & centuries of beliefs and practices! A different theme dealing with different periods & continuing & changing trends inleadership eras etc just like the ancient cultures of the world expounded in the novel. the religious lives of people. Stirs thoughts about our own land's rich religions & the interwoven symbols which we never seem to give deep consideration about! Including even the gold trinkets we adorn around the loin of our babies, distinctly different ones for the boy child & girl child! Our cultures abound with symbols of Nature, human anatomy, matriarchal leadership eras expounded in the novel.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast