View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Dan Brown fans here?

Upon recommendation from a friend, I bought Da Vinci Code. The book was unputdownable, so much so, I quickly went out and bought Deception Point and Angels & Demons. It didn't take me very long to finish reading all three books and to arrive to a conclusion that Dan Brown is easily one of the better writers of this generation.

I have yet to read Digital Fortress, as I am now into The Last Juror by John Grisham. But I am sure that Digital Fortress will be another super duper thriller.

The unique thing about Dan Brown's books are that he will have a postscript which will say that the entire book is based on facts and all descriptions of events, people and groups are accurate!

While this also becomes a learning process, it has also raised the ire of several groups who have violently objected to several things that Dan Brown claims to be true. For instance, Da Vinci Code has resulted in several books published to correct the inaccuracies in that book, by several notable Christian organisations. However, all of them put together could not outsell the original Da Vinci Code.

You just have to do a google to find out the frenzy and controversies surrounding Da Vinci Code. In the meantime, Dan Brown himself has chosen to be silent about the criticisms. I understand that Da Vinci Code is a bestseller in the US. Over in Malaysia all four books of Dan Brown are now in the bestseller list!

If you are looking for something good to read and along the way learn some things, I will surely recommend Dan Brown.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the official site of Brown. I suggest that you read at least one of his books, before going into the site.

http://www.danbrown.com/

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nov, Thanks for the info. The details I read about Dan Brown are pretty much tempting to read him. I shall try Da vinci Code sooner and get back to you. Thanks again.
    RangA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RangA
    Hi Nov, Thanks for the info. The details I read about Dan Brown are pretty much tempting to read him. I shall try Da vinci Code sooner and get back to you. Thanks again.
    Yes Ranga, do that. As a John Grisham fan, I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

TNX 4 NOV

hey NOV tnx for the link [website of Dan Brown ] i haven't read his book .but i was very much interested in reading info about him..soon i willread his "da vinci code".if u have any other authors links plz..do tag them also here ok!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TNX 4 NOV

Quote Originally Posted by citrus
    hey NOV tnx for the link [website of Dan Brown ] i haven't read his book .but i was very much interested in reading info about him..soon i willread his "da vinci code".if u have any other authors links plz..do tag them also here ok!!
    Well, I have the whole collections of John Grisham, Sydney Sheldon, Harold Robbins and a few others. I also read Jeffrey Archer.

Some links:

http://library.msstate.edu/grisham_room/
    http://www.randomhouse.com/features/grisham/author.html

http://www.twbookmark.com/features/s...don/index.html

http://www.authorsontheweb.com/featu...er-jeffrey.asp
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,
    I recently bought this book. Just started reading it between long hours of work and FHing
    Darn good start, "several PhDs worth of research" shines through in every line!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    NOV,
    I recently bought this book. Just started reading it between long hours of work and FHing
    Darn good start, "several PhDs worth of research" shines through in every line!
    EXACTLY Cygnus. That is why I am recommending this book to all, including cynics of fiction work.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Da Vinci Code

Hi NOV,Talent and independent thinking were never accepted in the church. Do you know that a little known organisation in Lebanon[Christian Publishing Services or something] forced the govt to ban this book irrespective of it being a Muslim majority nation?But the ban not withstanding, people are running for a copy of this book there. I think there should be some way to establish the right to liberal thinking and expression.
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV!!!

I just LOVED this book, the historical background, the extensive symbolism, the etymology of everyday words we don't think twice about, everything about it was riveting at best! And I got my husband (who is not a fan of fiction) to read it too! I am going to start Angels and Demons pretty soon. Did you hear about the movie deal though? Tom Hanks, one of my all time favorite actors, will play Langdon I hope they don't reduce Sophie Neveu to some blond bombshell

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast