Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aum NamaShivaya

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Raghu Ji,

its the best description /meaning found by me on web for the OM SHIVOHUM song

i have the curiosity of knowing the original source of below text. from which book/source the it is arranged:

Om Bhairavarudraya Maharudraya kaalarudraya kalpantharudraya Veerarudraya Rudrarudraya
    Ghorarudraya Aghorarudraya Maarthandarudraya Andarudraya Brahmandarudraya Chandarudraya
    Prachandarudraya Dandarudraya Shoorarudraya Veerarudraya Bhavarudraya Bheemarudraya
    Athalarudraya Vithalarudraya Suthalarudraya Mahathalarudraya Sachathalarudraya
    ThalathalaRudraya Paathalarudraya Namo namaha

Pranam !!
    Prashant

Quote Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
    satchitpramaanam Om Om

truth and intellects visual description is Om

moolaprameyam Om Om

basic of all hypothesis is Om

Aham Brahmaasmi Om Om

I am Brahman which is Om

gana gana gana sahasra ganta shabda viharathi

the sound of thousands of bells(sounds like gana gana) can be heard as filling the surrounding

when experiencing the power of Om

dama duma Shiva mantra naada viharathi

Shiva mantra(chanting) is filled in the surrounding which sounds like dama duma
    (his damaruga sound).Om Shivoham Om...

Satya prabhaava divya prakaasha mantra swaroopa maatram

you are as effective as truth, with divine shine, you are the single syllable Om
    nishprapanchaadi nishkalankoha nijapoornabodhahamham

one who is opposite of this prapancha(Universe manifestation in rough terms), one who is free from any stain,

one any only who is complete

atyagaatmaada nityabrahmoham swapnakasohamhamham

very huge(ati agaada), ever in the brahmam state(bliss), swapna: dream asi: you aham: me.swapnakasoham meaning not clear
    holder of Trishoola, who is decorated by Snake, protector of three worlds from destruction
    Vyomakesha mahasena janaka, pancha vaktra parashuhasta namaha
    one who has sky like hair, father of the greatest army, five faced one, the one with axe in hand, i bow to you

Om Shivoham, Om Shivoham Rudranaamam Bhajeham
    kaala trikaala, netra trinetra shoola trishoola gaatram

you are past, present and future among the time, sun, moon and fire among the eyes and
    three headed spear among the spears

Veda vedaartha saara

the one who is the meaning of all the Vedas, their meanings and their respective fundamentals

Yajna yajnomaya nischala dushtanigraha sapta loka samrakshana

the sacrifice and sacrificer, one who is steady, reigner of evil, protector of the 7 lokas

Soma surya agni lochana swetha rishabha vaahana
    one who is having eyes of moon, sun and fire, rider of white Bull(Nandi)

Shoolapani bhujanga bhushana tripura naasha rakshana

Namo vrukshebhyo Harikeshebhyo Namaskaaraya Namashambhavecha Mayobhavecha Namashankaraayacha
    Mayaskaraayacha Namashivaayacha Shivataraayacha

These are the various names of Shiva behind which is an associated story as to how this name
    was given by either devotees or other GODS.

Andabrahmaanda koti akhila paripaalana

the lone sustainer of all the countless Universes poorana jagathkaarana satya deva deva priya

one who is complete, the creator of this Universe, the liked one by all the GODS

Sakala lokaya, sarva bhootaya satya saakshatkara

protector of all 14 lokas, sustainer of all 5 entities(Earth(matter), Fire, Water, Air and Ether)
    and the enlightener of Truth.

Shambo Shambo Shankara

all different names of Shiva

hara hara mahadeva
    Om Namahsomayacha Rudraayacha namahskaandrayacha Arunayacha namahshringayacha Pashupathayecha
    namah ugraayacha Bhreemayacha Namo Hagrepadaayacha Dhoorepadayacha Namo Hantrecha Haneeyasecha

Shiva Aham :I am Shiva, Rudra naamam Bhaje aham : I chant Rudras name
    here Shivoham does not mean he is imitating that he is GOD, but it means this person has
    attained the state of Brahman. this type of experience is explained in the Advaitha which
    Sri Adi Shankara prescribed in great detail. Veerabhadraya Agninetraya Ghorasamhaaraha
    The Courageous, the Fire eyed, destroyer of horrifying beings

The last 7 are the Athalarudraya Vithalarudraya

Suthalarudraya Mahathalarudraya Sachathalarudraya ThalathalaRudraya Paathalarudraya
    which describe the first 7 layers of the 14 lokas which are protected by Shiva. The 14 layers are:

Athala, Vithala,Suthala,Mahathala,Sach athala,Thalathala,Paathala, Bhu,Bhuva,Suva,Maha, Jna,

Tapa and Satya loka. these 14 are grouped into 3 groups
    first 7 belong to the Nether world, Bhu is the middle World, and the rest 6
    belong to the Upper World.

Om Bhairavarudraya Maharudraya kaalarudraya kalpantharudraya Veerarudraya Rudrarudraya
    Ghorarudraya Aghorarudraya Maarthandarudraya Andarudraya Brahmandarudraya Chandarudraya
    Prachandarudraya Dandarudraya Shoorarudraya Veerarudraya Bhavarudraya Bheemarudraya
    Athalarudraya Vithalarudraya Suthalarudraya Mahathalarudraya Sachathalarudraya
    ThalathalaRudraya Paathalarudraya Namo namaha

rudra means fearsome one, the above 25 words have
    the format (characteristic + rudaraya).

meaning of om shivoham song
    The song is in Sanskrit, meaning is very deep, so knowledge of Sanskrit would be of great help in
    understanding the song. there might be mistakes in this meaning due to my limited knowledge in Sanskrit, please correct wherever there are mistakes
    hara hara mahadeva
    chanting of Shiva's names(Shiva is hara, Vishnu is hari), mahadeva means greatest GOD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12