• Kalyan

0 0%
  • Kala/Brinda

1 14.29%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Choreography - The soul of a Song visually

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Jyothsna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polladavan, 'padichu paarthean' song chreography yaaru..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The internet world says its Baskar , a product from Prabhu Deva's ! He has also done his bit in Aegan it seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalavanthan
    The internet world says its Baskar , a product from Prabhu Deva's ! He has also done his bit in Aegan it seems.
    Oh..Antha pattula oru interlude ku ovvoruthara dhanush kuda sernthu aduvanga,antha romba nala pannirupparu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyothsna
    Oh..Antha pattula oru interlude ku ovvoruthara dhanush kuda sernthu aduvanga,antha romba nala pannirupparu.
    The entire song is a result of how energetic and how dedicated Dhanush is. The dance steps will be equal to the beat that GVP had given. It will be like a roller coaster and I am sure only the young legs would have choreographed such a song.

Neenga solra maadhiri, 2nd interlude-la ovvourtharum Dhanush kooda aadirupaango.. Dhanush mattum fullaa aadi aaga vendiya soozhnilai.. Idhu thappaankuthum illai, break-western dance-um illai. Just a fusion where the friends of bride's brother are all fully drunk and want to express

Post Thanks / Like
    Antha payyan appuram ethum choreograph pannalaya..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, i love this song and choreography... Thanus nalla aadiyiruppaapla..
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Raju's interview in Idlebrain.

How do you think songs should be choreographed?
    I feel that expressions and feel is more important while choreographing the song than the body movements in terms of steps. The songs choreographed with right expressions would look fresh even if you watch the song after 5 years. But the songs composed with just steps would be ignored by the public in no time.

How do you compose dances for any song?

I come to the sets and listen to the music. As per the music I compose the steps instantaneously. I get the best work out of me through that way.

Don't you do any rehearsals?

I don't prefer to do rehearsals. I believe that dance should come out spontaneously as per the music. But a few directors make it a point that I rehearse for their songs.

Are there any rehearsed songs that got you tremendous applause?

Yes. Harerama (Okkadu) and Dum Dumare (Arjun).

Your brother Prabhudeva made it big both in terms of choreography and direction. How do you feel about it?

Prabhu Deva is an excellent dancer and excellent director. He has strong technique, does hard work and is brilliant. I am really proud of him.

Being a brother, don't you want to compete with him?

No. I know that Prabhu Deva is the best. I could never be equal to him. Hence, I would strive achieve next level.

You have three choreographers in your house (Sundaram, Prabhu Deva and Raju Sundaram). How do you differentiate with each other?

Let me give you the example of Bombay film. Father choreographed Kannanule song. Prabhudeva choreographed Hamma song and I choreographer Kuchikuchi Kunamma song. You can observe that each one of us have our own style and signature. Hence we never need to compete with each other.

Do you have any suggestions for the upcoming choreographers?

I would suggest them to use technology effectively in order to enhance the choreography. Depending on the music, using the movements of camera, lenses, trolleys, cranes, costumes, locations and sets etc, a choreographer can add a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest them to use technology effectively in order to enhance the choreography. Depending on the music, using the movements of camera, lenses, trolleys, cranes, costumes, locations and sets etc, a choreographer can add a lot.
    enga Thiru.App_Engine, koopidunga avarai..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234