Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only WISDOM can Solve.!... NOT EMOTIONS.!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

உள்ளதை சொல்லி நல்லதை செய்தால்.. உலகம் உன்னிடம் மயங்கும்.!!!

.Comments,Criticisms and OPPOSITE VIEWS... Welcome.!

Kind Attention: SRI-LANKA TAMILIANS.!!!

This Only the BEST Alternative before You now.

...which alone Can Fetch PERMANENT SOLUTION for Long time...

....by WEAKENING all Your Opponents.... and...

...GAINING One Supporting TRUE BUDDHIST VOICE i.. .

....from amongst the PRESENT OPPOSITION.!...

....TURNING in Your Favour by HUMAN-VALUES.!

Yes. YOU CAN... if YOU HAVE A WILL to act promptly IN TIME.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Third Candiate.. SINHALESE GENTLEMAN... of You Tamilians' Choice.!!

..as the Next President... Can Only Solve all Your Problems.!

Sri-Lankan Tamilians Vote as the next PRESIDENT... TO WHOM.?

Dear TAMILIAN Brethren...

....the INNOCENT VICTIMS of Oppression... by YOUR DOMICILES.!

The REAL PITIABLE SITUATION for you is....

You Tamilians of Sri-Lanka... ONE SMALL LAND... are divided... into FOUR Categories.!.....

...which Factor is EXPLOITED by Your Enemies.!

How You are divided as Four... within this Small Land.?

(1) Ezham Tamilians.... the REAL-NATIVES of the WHOLE OF SRI-LANKA...

...since born and brought up by the entire Sri-Lanka Land since the THIRD CENTURY... i.e. more than 1700 years back... as the First generation

[So all the present Sinhalese so called Majority... are the DOMICILES... since LARGE-HEARTEDLY accomodated by you... for those Refugees from Kalinga country (Present Orissa of India)

The Kalingan Refugees from the then India got mixed up with another Racial Group of subsequent Refugees of African Natives domiciled into Southern Sri-Lanka... became Sinhalese.]

(2) The later generation of Tamilian Forefathers imported by the British from Tamilnadu... as Tea-plantation workers... prsently spread over the whole land... mostly in the East and South.... as the Second generation.

(3) Tamilian posterity of Employees of British fIrms/Organisations from several British colony lands nearby.. Burma, Malaya, Singapore, India etc... as the Fourth generation

(4) Tamil speaking Muslims domiciled as the 3rd generation.

The subsequent Three categories of Tamilians of Your same Motherland Nation.... so called Sri-Lanka... are...

.... more of THOPPULH-KODI URHAVU... than any other Tamilians..

....for You the Eezham Tamilians, the WORST SUFFERERS... so far.!

So PLEASE FORGET THE PAST WOUNDS... COME OUT of EMOTIONAL OUTLOOK... although backed by Truth and Justice.. hencebefore.

And You must be WISE ENOUGH... to REVISE YOUR STRATEGY.

Please think over how Mr. Annadurai TOTALLY REVERSED HIS STRATEGY.!...

...and eventually became Successful in ACHIEVING HIS GOAL.!

Whom to ELECT AS NEXT PRESIDENT.?

Boycotting this Election will be SUCIDAL for you.!....

....an Indirect support for the present Oppressors.

The Best Solution for you... now can be as follows.

(1) All the Good-hearted Leaders of Eezham sit together... ignoring the pasr... DEVELOP UNITY OF BROTHER-HOOD.

(2) Search and locate One GOOD-HEARTED SINHALESE Candidate for PRESIDENCY....

... preferably a Retired Judge or of any Social-Service Society.... like Red-Cross background.

(3) Amongst the 42 Bouddha Sanghas of Sri-Lanka... Three are said to be the MOST VIOLENT (according to Neutral press)...

....Strong Antagonists to Tamilians... They are the most VOCIFEROUS now in Sri-Lankan Politics....

..while the balance 39 Sanghas are said to be Saathweekas... true followers of Buddhism... preaching Peace and Non-Violence... PRACTICALLY.

You must develop good relations with those 39 Sangha Bikshus and GAIN THEIR MORAL SUPPORT...

...for YOUR HUMANITARIAN CAUSE... Well conforming to Buddhism of Human-Values and Universal-Love.

(4) With the support and rapport from the Neutral Press and Antagonists to the present CALLOUS REGEME of NEPOTISM...

...You can EASILY MUSTER the support of the Vast Majority of Sri-Lankans of all Hues and Categories..

..for the THIRD CANDIDATE... of YOUR WISE CHOICE.!... backed by TIMELY ENDEAVOUR.

This is the BEST OPPORTUNITY... GOD-GIVEN.!..

...TO REJECT... and DETHRONE both the Cruel Leaders...

...Who are EXPLOITING YOUR WEAKNESSES.!... although Your Cause is GENUINE.!

Please AWAKE AND ARISE... BY WISDOM

No More Emotions and INTERNAL ENMITY...

....Even amngst Your TAMILIAN BRETHREN... please.!

If You Sri-Lankan Tamilians miss this GREAT OPPORTUNITY...

...the Sympathetic World, supporting you so far... will not Excuse you.!

My Dear Sri-Lankan Tamilian Brethren,

Let us remember that your Opponents are EQUALLY WISE... and MIGHTY... as much... YOU ARE.!....

...and PERHAPS even MORE TOO... than you.!

So the PAST ANTAGONISTIC APPROACH by Violent Invasive Methods can NO MORE.... and NO LONGER be useful to You.

Your Responsibility towards Your TAMILIAN Society .. STILL .DEPENDING ON YOU... is VERY MUCH IMPORTANT NOW.!

Now Your immediate Problem and Need are...

.... NOT EEZHAM...!

...But REHABILATION OF YOUR SOCIETY... who have been humbled and crumbled.... for more than 40 long years.

...especially Your Children... have LOST THEIR EDUCATION and YOUTHFUL ADVANCEMENT in Life.!!!

So NO MORE.... EMOTIONAL APPROACH Please...

....but only Your WISDOM-BASED Approach.!!!...

....SUITING TO THE REALITY of Situation.!

Then What is the BEST SOLUTION NOW.?

You know that our Culture has taught us the FOUR TYPES of STRATEGIES...

..while dealing with Others.

They are... SAAMA, DHAANA, BAEDHA, DHANDA..! ... What do they mean.?

(1) SAAMA: Trying to convince the Opponent in all the Positive approach methods by justifying your Claims and DUE Rights.

(2) DHAANA : Partly Accomodating with the Opponents, yielding to others Counter-claims and their Reciprocal Rights and due Claims

...Foregoing any part of your genuine Dues.

...Offering something as Compensation...

.. or Reward in some form as your Symbolic Gratitude.

(3) BHAEDHA Tactfully: Break the Unity of the Opponent Groups... by creating divisions amongst themselves....

..such that their mass Unity strength of Opposition will be lost... as also their individual Factional claims will become DIVERGENT...

...SIMPLIFYING YOUR TASK... to handle one by one easily... luring the Faction after Factions to Your side... by means of application of different Tactics suiting to each sort of Faction.
    DHANDA : Antagonise the Opponent FORCEFULLY... EXHIBITING Your super-might over the Opponent...

...CAUSING A THREAT AND FEAR in the minds of your Opponent... FORCING HIM... to yield to your Genuine Rights.

Lord Rama has already DEMONSTRATED by applying these Four MEANINGFUL STRATEGIES....

...as applicable for ANYONE of Mankind in Life.... TO BE APLLIED STEP BY STEP....

... from One to Four in SEQUENCE... without SKIPPING OFF any middle step in between.

Now my dear Brethren,

You have tried so far... the FIRST AND THE FOURTH... and you have MISERABLY FAILED.!...

...because you have NOT FOLLOWED THE SEQUENCE... without JUMPING UP.... on a RASH step.!

So NO MORE... SAAMA and DHANDA will work... we have understood.

So, now let us behold on the LOST STEPS... Number Two and Three.

....and You can Try to achieve Your Goal.... Step by steps in PHASES...

...By means of GIVE AND TAKE POLICY... dealing with just Few Factions of the Opponents...

....who are REALLY OPEN-MINDED Buddhists...

....Imbued with RECIPROCAL HUMAN-VALUES.!... on BOTH SIDES.!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With all due deep respect to your intentions, Sudhaama Sir, I will say a few things after admitting to the fact I know close to zero about the issue at hand, and that I haven't even read your posts here completely.

"A permanent solution, for a long time"?? Meaning? Is X or Y or Z going to solve our problems? I seriously doubt it. Are Indians living together in peace being led by an Indian? Do Tamils all live in glory under a Tamil leader?

Perhaps our situation is quite better than those trapped in this crisis, and I must be accused of comparing our lives to their rather sad and grueling lives; however, still fundamentally the problems of our lives too remain unsolved.

What is a society without problems? Surely, it is one where there is compassion. All the rest (of our hollow-by-themselves indications of a good society) will merely follow. Now, I wonder, is man compassionate to his neighbour, to even the members of his own family? If not, then how can anyone in this world talk about being 'free of all problems' because of a 'good leader'? That seems rather illogical to me.

After all, we hardly know what compassion means truly. No leader, no teacher, no Guru, no system, no religion can teach us what it means, can they? History gives us ample evidence for that. None of the systems or the cults have really been truly successful in creating a compassionate society.

So, why a leader? Let man understand compassion, and in that understanding naturally one becomes compassionate to the other. That is, IMHO, the only 'permanent' solution. This is not to say that a good compassionate leader cannot be helpful in the cause. But he/she can never change the fundamental nature of a person. Compassion cannot be taught, but it can/must be learned. For that learning, of course, there can be no 'role-model', no one to follow, for following creates mere imitation and not real, living compassion.

For whatever its worth, this is what I think an honest Buddhist approach to the problem would be.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like

.தனி-ஒருவனுக்கு உணவு இல்லை எனில் ஜகத்தினை அழித்திடுவோம்.!

Tamil Culture & Indian Heritage show us BEST PATH towards GLORIOUS Human-Values.!

...applicable to EVERY AND ALL Mankind... Globally.!... ETERNALLY....

..By means of TRUE WISDOM... backed by HUMAN-HEART as Man.!

We do NOT Need nor Seak... COMPASSION from others.!... but..

..Only EMPATHY...by imagining Yourselves in the Others Shoes.!

...in a Human-Family Spirit.!

There is NO OTHER GO... for Humanity to SURVIVE..!!

We urgently need SOCIAL OUTLOOK in Political matters...

..NOT the POLITICAL OUTLOOK... on Social Issues.!

Current India and Sri-Lankan POLITICIANS have taught us enough NEGATIVE LESSONS.!

Oh.! My Dear Buddhist SINHALESE...!

Is there ANYONE AMONGST you.... to lead your Sacred Nation... SRI-LANKA...

...following TRULY the bright Path of Buddhist Human-Values.????

Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir

With all due deep respect to your intentions, Sudhaama Sir, I will say a few things after admitting to the fact I know close to zero about the issue at hand, and that I haven't even read your posts here completely.

"A permanent solution, for a long time"?? Meaning? Is X or Y or Z going to solve our problems? I seriously doubt it. Are Indians living together in peace being led by an Indian? Do Tamils all live in glory under a Tamil leader?

Perhaps our situation is quite better than those trapped in this crisis, and I must be accused of comparing our lives to their rather sad and grueling lives; however, still fundamentally the problems of our lives too remain unsolved.

What is a society without problems? Surely, it is one where there is compassion. All the rest (of our hollow-by-themselves indications of a good society) will merely follow. Now, I wonder, is man compassionate to his neighbour, to even the members of his own family? If not, then how can anyone in this world talk about being 'free of all problems' because of a 'good leader'? That seems rather illogical to me.

After all, we hardly know what compassion means truly. No leader, no teacher, no Guru, no system, no religion can teach us what it means, can they? History gives us ample evidence for that. None of the systems or the cults have really been truly successful in creating a compassionate society.

So, why a leader? Let man understand compassion, and in that understanding naturally one becomes compassionate to the other. That is, IMHO, the only 'permanent' solution. This is not to say that a good compassionate leader cannot be helpful in the cause. But he/she can never change the fundamental nature of a person. Compassion cannot be taught, but it can/must be learned. For that learning, of course, there can be no 'role-model', no one to follow, for following creates mere imitation and not real, living compassion.

For whatever its worth, this is what I think an honest Buddhist approach to the problem would be.

Love and Light.
    Welcome My Dear "Anbu"

All your stand is centering around One Spirit of COMPASSION.! ..Pity.! MERCY from Others towards the innocent Victims.!

..We do NOT SEEK COMPASSION or MERCY towards us from the Opponents...

Because ...THEY ARE NOT GODS.!

The present day Indian Politics is a BAD EXAMPLE... NOT AT ALL EXEMPLARY to the World Humanity...

...since drifted far way from its Great Indian Heritage... the EMULATIVE HUJMAN CULTURE.

The Indian situation is TOTALLY A DIFFERENT SUBJECT... which cannot be considered under this Sr-Lanka Context.

Sri-Lanka Tamilians can show to the World...INCLUDING INDIA....

...what Tamil-Culture means towards HUMANITY.!... as YAAVARUM KAELHIR.!

.Yes. That is the EVER-RELEVANT... TAMIL GOSPEL addressing Mankind eternally.!

May or May Not be successful at One Stage...

..but ULTIMATELY WILL WIN..!

...Immediately making those Tamilian Crusaders WALK ABREAST amongst various sorts of OPPONENTS ONLY all around.!

Such an EMPATHETIC APPROACH only can be the UNQUESTIONABLE BEST SOLUTION.

..to MITIGATE and RELIEVE soon the INNOCENT TAMILIANS...

....from Onslaughts of Miseries endlessly.!

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh.! My Dear Buddhist SINHALESE...!

Is there ANYONE AMONGST you.... to lead your Sacred Nation... SRI-LANKA...

...following TRULY the bright Path of Buddhist Human-Values.????

Welcome My Dear "Anbu"

All your stand is centering around One Spirit of COMPASSION.! ..Pity.! MERCY from Others towards the innocent Victims.!

..We do NOT SEEK COMPASSION or MERCY towards us from the Opponents...

Because ...THEY ARE NOT GODS.!

The present day Indian Politics is a BAD EXAMPLE... NOT AT ALL EXEMPLARY to the World Humanity...

...since drifted far way from its Great Indian Heritage... the EMULATIVE HUJMAN CULTURE.

The Indian situation is TOTALLY A DIFFERENT SUBJECT... which cannot be considered under this Sr-Lanka Context.

Sri-Lanka Tamilians can show to the World...INCLUDING INDIA....

...what Tamil-Culture means towards HUMANITY.!... as YAAVARUM KAELHIR.!

.Yes. That is the EVER-RELEVANT... TAMIL GOSPEL addressing Mankind eternally.!

May or May Not be successful at One Stage...

..but ULTIMATELY WILL WIN..!

...Immediately making those Tamilian Crusaders WALK ABREAST amongst various sorts of OPPONENTS ONLY all around.!

Such an EMPATHETIC APPROACH only can be the UNQUESTIONABLE BEST SOLUTION.

..to MITIGATE and RELIEVE soon the INNOCENT TAMILIANS...

....from Onslaughts of Miseries endlessly.!

Sudhaama Sir,

I don't think you quite got what I meant. First of all, compassion has nothing to do with 'pity' or 'mercy'. Pity and mercy imply that one is conscious of the 'better' position of oneself and the 'worse' condition of another. And therefore, anything done out of pity or mercy is merely a reaction to division which can produce only more division and never everlasting peace.

Compassion, on the other hand, is the instantaneous recognition of the suffering of another as one's own suffering. The 'will' to remove this suffering is not even a will (in the normal sense), it is not an ambition, it is not an exercise, not a goal to be achieved by doing something. It is as immediate and natural as the turning of a leaf of a plant towards the sun to stay alive, or (to give a more closer picture) like the removal of one's hand when one touches a hot surface.

I did not 'ask' for compassion from the Srilankans. Compassion cannot be called for from a group, just like nationalism, or adherence to some religion or some rule or some societal framework can be. Compassion has to be cultivated in one like a plant, which feeds and grows naturally by its own practice in the day to day activities of oneself.

Such a nature is to be cultivated not only in the Srilankans, but also in all the people who have been hurt in this issue, most important of all, the Tamils. I look at what the Dalai Lama and Co. did when they were chased out of their country several decades back, and I see a real living example of this.

Moreover, I also don't see how this is limited to the (ancient or modern) approach of the Tamilians or the Indians or the Buddhists or any other X Y or Z. IMHO, the bequeathal of compassion to any one of these systems fogs the nature of compassion itself, unless one is intelligent enough to look through the system.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    I don't think you quite got what I meant. First of all, compassion has nothing to do with 'pity' or 'mercy'. Pity and mercy imply that one is conscious of the 'better' position of oneself and the 'worse' condition of another. And therefore, anything done out of pity or mercy is merely a reaction to division which can produce only more division and never everlasting peace.

Compassion, on the other hand, is the instantaneous recognition of the suffering of another as one's own suffering. The 'will' to remove this suffering is not even a will (in the normal sense), it is not an ambition, it is not an exercise, not a goal to be achieved by doing something. It is as immediate and natural as the turning of a leaf of a plant towards the sun to stay alive, or (to give a more closer picture) like the removal of one's hand when one touches a hot surface.

I did not 'ask' for compassion from the Srilankans. Compassion cannot be called for from a group, just like nationalism, or adherence to some religion or some rule or some societal framework can be. Compassion has to be cultivated in one like a plant, which feeds and grows naturally by its own practice in the day to day activities of oneself.

Such a nature is to be cultivated not only in the Srilankans, but also in all the people who have been hurt in this issue, most important of all, the Tamils. I look at what the Dalai Lama and Co. did when they were chased out of their country several decades back, and I see a real living example of this.

Moreover, I also don't see how this is limited to the (ancient or modern) approach of the Tamilians or the Indians or the Buddhists or any other X Y or Z. IMHO, the bequeathal of compassion to any one of these systems fogs the nature of compassion itself, unless one is intelligent enough to look through the system.
    As a matter of principle, I do no not indulge in arguments with anybody...

...nor point out to others as... YOU ARE WRONG.... even if the other is REALLY WRONG.

Because Arguments take us NOWHERE Ultimtely... other than PRESTIGE ISSUE.

This is a DISCUSSION FORUM... and I am interested ONLY IN DISCUSSIONS.

However I will clarify briefly... leaving it for your discretion... either to agree or disagree.

The words COMPASSION, PITY, SYMPATHY and MERCY... are Synonymous terminologies...

...conveying almost the same sense... but slightly varying subtle meanings... specifically applicable to discern, under different contexts.

However they all broadly mean SYMPATHY only.

In any case these HEARTY SPIRITS are stipulated as HUMAN-VALUES...

...one should possess and cherish... of ones own... as a matter of SELF-DISCIPLINE or PRINCIPLE....

...to be VOLUNTARILY exhibited towards the deserving others

But they are NOT INTENDED nor MEANT TO BE EITHER CLAIMED OR DEMANDED or STIPULATED by others.

Yes. Similar to MAGNANIMITY OR GENOROSITY... COMPASSION and the likes are...

.... the PERSONAL PROPENSITIES to be offered... NOT DEMANDED....

Post Thanks / Like

- News behind ...News.!.. EVER-RELEVANT for the Global Society.!

Life is a DENSE TRAFFIC...

....on One Common Road... towards ONE GOAL...

...by All Mosaic Society.!...

...although VARIED by their Individual MODE OF TRANSPORT...

...or even as PEDESTRIANS.!

Why PREFERENTIAL- QUOTA for Sinhalese in Sri-Lanka.?..

..discriminating Tamilian people.?... of the Same Country.?

India Government's Advice for PARITY amongst All People.!

Sri-Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa retorts... Quoting...

...India's QUOTA-SYSTEM of Reservations for Backwards.

... although JUSTIFIED by Reasoning... But .?

India is UNABLE to Answer.

...despite there EXISTS an HUMANITAREAN SOLUTION...

...Better / BEST Alternative.!...

...if approached.... "Non-Politically"... but SOCIALLY.!...

...by Ground Reality.!!!

Let Sinhalese of Sri-Lanka... Indians in India... Malays of Malaysia..... Americans of USA...

...UNDERSTAND and Learn... the UNDENIABLE Common Reality...

...from Such meaningful German-History... of UNDISPUTABLE JUSTIFICATION... for Emanation...

...in HUMANETARIAN Common interests of the German-People ...then.!

Cause of SOCIAL ADVENT of Adolf Hitler... by GOOD INTENTION at the Start.!

Well-relevent under To-day's...

...Perplexive Contexts in India, Sri-Lanka, Malaysia, USA and elsewhere too.!

Whether WE LIKE IT ...OR NOT.!...

...The REALITY.... We must ACCEPT... and UNDERSTAND
    ... that

Life is a DENSE TRAFFIC...

....on One Common Road... towards ONE GOAL...

...by All Mosaic Society.!...

...although VARIED by their Individual MODE OF TRANSPORT...

...or even as PEDESTRIANS.!

So to mean the Realities...

(1) We have to move along with others... without INTERFERING in their Individual Tracks, Direction of Steering and Varied Speeds.

(2) If we compete to occupy or encroach on others track... It causes COLLISION... Accident PROBLEM FOR ALL.

(3) If You try to OVERTAKE OTHERS... by Faster Speed... OTHERS GIVE WAY... for You.!

..But.... If You go Slow...Others will OVERTAKE YOU.!

....NOT WAIT FOR YOU... Nor Move along... Nor STAGNANT... Sluggishly.!

No use of BLAMING OTHERS.. Nor Blocking their Way...

...for Your Incompetence to Advance together.!... UNITEDLY.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12