View Poll Results: Is it Culture Or Religion

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion

1 16.67%
  • Combination of various cultures

5 83.33%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: HINDUSIM,IS IT A COMBINTION OF CULTURES, RELIGON OR SCIENCE?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pradheeep

By doing yoga and Meditation can you actually activate the Pineal Gland? To illustrate the function of Pineal Gland, we do this by showing the "Third eye" of Lord Shiva!
    I hear that applying Vibuthi it invokes the functionality of the Gland. I also heard that by focusing your meditation point on your Pineal Gland, you are able be in "Ecstasy" state, but diverting all your attention /energy to the Gland is extremely difficult!

Your views on this pls!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Pradheeep

By doing yoga and Meditation can you actually activate the Pineal Gland? To illustrate the function of Pineal Gland, we do this by showing the "Third eye" of Lord Shiva!
    I hear that applying Vibuthi it invokes the functionality of the Gland. I also heard that by focusing your meditation point on your Pineal Gland, you are able be in "Ecstasy" state, but diverting all your attention /energy to the Gland is extremely difficult!

Your views on this pls!
    I obviously am interjecting on this, but I feel impelled to do so.

IMHO real spirituality has nothing to do with all these mystic experiences. Why bother to have them? How are they different from what is experienced by those who use drugs? They last for a while, and then they are gone and one is back into facing the world without an iota of real understanding.

The idea should be to look for something which stays, not that which comes and goes.

Greetings,
    Prasad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir View Post
    I obviously am interjecting on this, but I feel impelled to do so.

IMHO real spirituality has nothing to do with all these mystic experiences. Why bother to have them? How are they different from what is experienced by those who use drugs? They last for a while, and then they are gone and one is back into facing the world without an iota of real understanding.

The idea should be to look for something which stays, not that which comes and goes.

Greetings,
    Prasad.
    Prasad

There is nothing mystical about what I mentioned regarding Pineal Gland, that is the main concentration point of yoga. Have you noticed the pictures Jesus being crucified on a cross, if you notice his eyes, they will be looking at the third eye (pineal gland), and you would find the so called Babaji (who is supposed to be meditating in the Himalayas) in the same position!

This was confirmed by Sadguru Jaggi vasudev
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why bother to have them? How are they different from what is experienced by those who use drugs? They last for a while, and then they are gone and one is back into facing the world without an iota of real understanding.
    a sensible post in such threads i found in recent times.
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, once you have realised who you are, then nothing comes and goes,no external influences, emotions will effect you in any way, this is called the "nirvana" stage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prasad

There is nothing mystical about what I mentioned regarding Pineal Gland, that is the main concentration point of yoga. Have you noticed the pictures Jesus being crucified on a cross, if you notice his eyes, they will be looking at the third eye (pineal gland), and you would find the so called Babaji (who is supposed to be meditating in the Himalayas) in the same position!

This was confirmed by Sadguru Jaggi vasudev
    Paramashivan,

Excuse me if I am being harsh, but all this is merely beating around the bush. Just because Jesus is pictured that way, or Babaji is pictured that way, or Jaggi Vasudev experiences it that way doesn't necessarily mean that is the way all Yogis operate, i.e., Examples (or experiences) are not proofs of anything. If that was the case, then the sun would really "rise" in the east and set in the west. That is precisely why we learn to NOT trust experience.

In real spirituality, all experiences are clubbed together as the equivalent of passing-clouds. Because they come and go, they can have no value in the absolute sense. Of course, they might have value in the relative sense, which is what makes us judge anyone at all, but this cannot be carried over for judging the spiritual quotient of any person.

Regards,
    Prasad

Post Thanks / Like
    Paramashivan,

Excuse me if I am being harsh, but all this is merely beating around the bush. Just because Jesus is pictured that way, or Babaji is pictured that way, or Jaggi Vasudev experiences it that way doesn't necessarily mean that is the way all Yogis operate, i.e., Examples (or experiences) are not proofs of anything. If that was the case, then the sun would really "rise" in the east and set in the west. That is precisely why we learn to NOT trust experience.

In real spirituality, all experiences are clubbed together as the equivalent of passing-clouds. Because they come and go, they can have no value in the absolute sense. Of course, they might have value in the relative sense, which is what makes us judge anyone at all, but this cannot be carried over for judging the spiritual quotient of any person.

Regards,
    Prasad
    May be I am not explaining it clearly!, yes "experiences" are subjectives to each individuals, which may not have anything to do with the reality of the "supreme". I was just pointing out the reasons behind meditation and the effect it has on one's mind and body

Post Thanks / Like
    May be I am not explaining it clearly!, yes "experiences" are subjectives to each individuals, which may not have anything to do with the reality of the "supreme". I was just pointing out the reasons behind meditation and the effect it has on one's mind and body
    Yes indeed there are possibly several effects to the Yogic practises. But what should be one's motive in learning about them? How are they different from learning about how to use drugs? Are they different at all?

Edit: If they are not of any use in real spirituality, why waste time?

Regards,
    Prasad.
    Last edited by anbu_kathir; 8th August 2011 at 06:12 PM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please keep on writing.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post

Please keep on writing.
    Nandri NOV . Seriously though, I must direct all praise/gratitude to the teachers in the traditional systems who have laid down the guidelines to real spirituality in a crystal clear way. It is to them I owe even an iota of my understanding (Edit: the proportion of whatever is correct understanding alone, of course!) . Of course, the offshoots and stand-alone Gurus have helped, but the real boost came/comes from the traditional lineage and it is entirely due to their grace alone.

Very sincerely,
    Prasad.
    Last edited by anbu_kathir; 8th August 2011 at 06:36 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast