View Poll Results: Is it Culture Or Religion

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion

1 16.67%
  • Combination of various cultures

5 83.33%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: HINDUSIM,IS IT A COMBINTION OF CULTURES, RELIGON OR SCIENCE?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks for your explanation pradheep, I will reply to your post when I have some time
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Did any one here know that Jesus along with Alexandar the great went to India and learnt Meditation and self realisation from "Agasthiyar" munnivar ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Did any one here know that Jesus along with Alexandar the great went to India and learnt Meditation and self realisation from "Agasthiyar" munnivar ?
    Dear Paramashivan,

I hope you don't mean that this is your assertion as truth!

My standard response to similar questions at several occasions is now : "How does it matter?". Why are we so worried about Jesus or Krishna or Muhammed? With all due respect to them, they were perhaps Jnaanis. How does a trivial piece of information such as this about their lives (which is completely unprovable anyway) remove our ignorance or change our lives even a little bit?

Please excuse if I sounded arrogant.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir View Post
    Dear Paramashivan,

I hope you don't mean that this is your assertion as truth!
    Certainly not! I just mention to those who did not know this. I am not seeking the Creator outside by any means, because I know that will be useless, as any outside perception is based upon the info you have gathered from your five senses (which are meant for survival) together with imagination alias hallucination, known as Mind

I have "realised" that I am part of the Energy of the creation and We can not come to any Logical conclusion about this source of energy with our Limited Knowledge

Please excuse if I sounded arrogant.

Love and Light.
    Certainly not

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Kathir

Wolves dont scare me, it is the sheeps that scares the hell out me, hope you know what I meant

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN

Certainly not! I just mention to those who did not know this. I am not seeking the Creator outside by any means, because I know that will be useless, as any outside perception is based upon the info you have gathered from your five senses (which are meant for survival) together with imagination alias hallucination, known as Mind

I have "realised" that I am part of the Energy of the creation and We can not come to any Logical conclusion about this source of energy with our Limited Knowledge
    Absolutely . But I still don't get what "those who did not know this" means. It could also be that a personality called Jesus did not exist. If I were to claim that and enquire about whether people "know" this, what would it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    Wolves dont scare me, it is the sheeps that scares the hell out me, hope you know what I meant
    [/QUOTE]

Idhu purila ..

Love and Light.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The Origin of Hinduism

Most of the Hindus today are non-vedic. The Vedic religion exists prominently in Brahmins.

When we examine the traditions, rituals and food habits of Hindus, we find that Hinduism is nothing but an amalgamation of Jainism, Buddhism and Vedic religion.

As we know, a large number of Hindus are vegetarians. Another thing we know that Vedics were meat eaters and beef eaters in ancient time. So the vegetarianism in Hinduism came there from Jainism.

Animal sacrifice was one of the most important rituals in Vedic religion. Vedics stopped this ritual because of strong opposition by Jains and Buddhist. Compassion for animals in Hinduism came from Jainism and Buddhism, and sacrificing animals came from Vedic religion.

Vedics were not idol worshipers. Idol worshiping in Hinduism came from Jainism.

The saffron color is considered as holy in Hinduism. But it came there from Buddhism. On the other hand, importance of white color in Hinduism came from Jainism.

The importance of 4 rainy months (Chaturmas) in Hinduism came from Jainism and Buddhism. The importance of fasting came from Jainism.

Thus, we can see many Jain and Buddhist elements in present day Hinduism, followed by some Vedic elements.

-Mahavir Sanglikar
    http://jainismus.hubpages.com/hub/Th...in-of-Hinduism

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathir

I will reply to your post shortly

Mahavir

Pls enlighten us with your intellect regarding this "ism" (Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism).
    Pls further enlighten us from where this Jain"ism" originated from? Because we are all insane here you see

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and Mahavir, pls dont google and post articles from websites, I want your "highly" intellect thoughts on this please.

Post Thanks / Like
    It could also be that a personality called Jesus did not exist.
    Exactly my point, these were told to us like Fairy Tales, whether it is Mahabhartha, Ramayana, 10 comandments, Quran, Geeta, Bible..etc etc. And we tend believe anything that is told to us! The closet thing to GOD alias Creator is nothing else but you!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast