Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: G.V. Prakash Kumar - Latest Sensation

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindwoods
    GV Prakash is soon to score the music for two Bollywood flicks and interestingly both these films are being directed and produced by Anurag Kashyap. During his visit to Chennai recently for the audio launch of Easan, Anurag had said that he is impressed with Sasi Kumar’s Subramaniapuram and requested him for DVD with sub titles.

Does that mean a Hindi remake of Subramaniapuram from Anurag is in the offing and GV Prakash is to score the music for it?

The buzz, however, is that GV Prakash will compose music for a romantic film, with strong importance to music, and another film to be produced by Anurag.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToI
    G V Prakash to marry Saindhavi

He's going great guns on the professional front, composing numbers in different genres and styles. And now, G V Prakash has news on his personal front too – the young music composer is in love and will soon marry his childhood buddy Saindhavi!

"Yes, we're getting married," states the musician, "Saindhavi and I have been friends from school and we've been going out for the past eight years. Recently, our parents spoke and finalised the wedding, which will take place by the end of next year."

So, why weren't they spotted together often in music events and launches? "Well, we didn't want a lot of media attention. The good thing about us is that we knew each other much before we entered the music industry."
    According to the composer, the singer has supported him throughout his musical journey so far. "I usually play to her what I've composed and she gives me critical feedback. In fact, most of the songs that she feels are nice go on to become hits. I remember playing Uruguthey... (Veyyil) and Akkam Pakkam (Kireedam) to her... those were the songs that she loved most from those albums; and, they went on to become the biggest hits in my career!"

Does he give feedback about her songs? "Yes," he states, "I sometimes suggest to her how she could have improved her tone. The first time she sung for me was for the Aaruyire... number in Madrasapat tinam in which I tried to get out the tone in her voice that I like best."

One quality about Saindhavi that he loves? "She's simple... that's something I love about her," he quips. Meanwhile, G V Prakash is also excited about the audio launch of Aadukalam, which will take place this evening. "It's a proper folk album and my first rural album after Veyyil. Aadukalam is a dream project for me in terms of music. Post our successful combination in Polladhavan, director Vetrimaran and I wanted to ensure that the background score of the movie rocked... and well, it's turned out very well. I'm sure Vetri will make a mark in Tamil cinema with this film, which, I feel, will take Tamil cinema to the next level."

Read more: G V Prakash to marry Saindhavi - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...#ixzz16Xrb0yIx
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahen,

I would anyday prefer U1 over GVP in terms of quality. Frankly, myself and Maddy shud've supported him just for his roots. But engalukkum manasaatchinnu onnu irukkuma illaya?

Apart from some occasional gr8 numbers like Pookkal pookum, Maalai neram, Urugudhey, etc GVP has only managed to disappoint me.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Apart from some occasional gr8 numbers like Pookkal pookum, Maalai neram, Urugudhey, etc GVP has only managed to disappoint me.
    Idhu enna mayam pattayum serthukonga, that is his best song to date for me
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Mahen,

I would anyday prefer U1 over GVP in terms of quality. Frankly, myself and Maddy shud've supported him just for his roots. But engalukkum manasaatchinnu onnu irukkuma illaya?

That applies to all the MDs now rite? I mean whos consistently giving hits after hits?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen
    I mean whos consistently giving hits after hits?
    Except for GV Prakash, no one else.
    Unfortunately.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Unfortunately.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately.
    Im a GVP supporter but i disagree with ur statement hes given mokkais as well
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    I am no one's supporters and just enjoy good songs. Based on that, I surmise that for now only GVP is consistently good.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    illa, some IR fans i know are genuinely disappointed that AR has won global
    recognition......
    Now, I say

Quote Originally Posted by I
    illa, some ARR fans i know are genuinely disappointed that GVP is giving better songs than ARR these days......
    ok, im jealous of GVP scoring over AR and what did i do -- make fun of GVP in one post and that too gosh, he just has 2 movies in bollywood, not even 1 release yet and he starts talking abt bollywood-kollywood balance - isnt that funny .........i didnt even talk abt his songs quality or his albums.......arent u over reacting here??
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast