Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: G.V. Prakash Kumar - Latest Sensation

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GV Prakash Going Places in 2013

GV Prakash is all set to step into production by starting his own production house GV Prakash Kumar Productions. He has roped in debutant Vikram Sukumaran, an assistant of Balu Mahendra, to direct the film. Lead roles will be played by debutant Kathir and Oviya of Kalavani fame. GV Prakash will be announcing the title, rest of the cast and crew officially on January 23.

This year is going to be very important for the young musician as he is all set to tie the knot to singer Saidhavi and will also be making his debut as an actor under AR Murugadoss' production.

He has a handful of projects as a music composer too. Some of them are Annakodiyum Kodiveeranum, NH4, Nimirndhu Nil, Raja Rani and Thalaivaa.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale View Post
    Audio Launch Function invitation

GVP should be in cloud nine IR to be the chief guest and MR to release his album.

https://twitter.com/Jananibraja/stat...163073/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Jananibraja/stat...814849/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Jananibraja/stat...033025/photo/1

as usual vairamuthu escape
    Looks like MR escaped as well Groupism does exist and not saying things openly does convey something (against IR). MBA sophistication does help
    What is more surprising is that he gave it a miss inspite of his name appearing on the invitation. A case of soft diamond-pearl

Any links for the songs?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isaifan View Post
    Looks like MR escaped as well
    What is more surprising is that he gave it a miss inspite of his name appearing on the invitation. A case of soft diamond-pearl
    He is working on post production of his movie due to release on Feb 1st, since the function happened in Madurai, he must have decided to give it a miss. Simple!
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    Ennamo pOnga..can't believe it to be that "simple" He makes one movie in two years and couldn't set aside a Sunday evening! bcos of post-production the same Sun evening!
    I am convinced it is the IR factor. It is not as if BR would've put MR's name on the invitation without checking with him.
    Anyway, just like MR, media seems to have underplayed as well with nobody actually missing him as nobody has mentioned about it. Sometimes groupism exists and am convinced MR does take a side..without being vocal about it

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isaifan, have you read Conversations with Maniratnam? If you haven't yet, please read it.. you'll understand what sort of respect he has for IR from it..
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satissh_r View Post
    Isaifan, have you read Conversations with Maniratnam? If you haven't yet, please read it.. you'll understand what sort of respect he has for IR from it..
    satissh, I understand your views. MR has to, for IR commands that kind of respect due to his credibility as a complete music composer all these years and for what he is/stands, for what he has done to the film fraternity as a whole, not to forget MR's initial 10 years.
    But, this is different and nothing to do with IR's musical talent. After BR put MR's name on the invitation (not without telling MR!), along with directors like Mahendran and BM, it can only be IR's name that can keep him away.

vidunga, it means nothing to IR as he has been taking them all along from various folks and succeeding..for over 30yrs now! Anyway, for me it is Bala/Kamal before other directors. So, we'll let it pass..as media has

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale View Post
    3 more days

Post Thanks / Like
    G. V. Prakash Kumar – Six Years And Counting

G. V. Prakash has definitely come a long way since “Chikku Bukku Rayile”. Bearing in mind I’m an avid fan of A.R. Rahman, I don’t know if it’s a psychological thing but ever since “Veyil” I find a supporter of G. V. Prakash inside me raging to come out with every release of his.

GVP has churned out many haunting melodies in the span of six years and it is fair to say that his music chooses the listener. I say this because as a listener there is nothing greater than the feeling of getting completely sucked into a trance. I have heard his music to pick out nuances related to Rahman Ji but instead have ended up finding sounds that are new to me. As an experimenter of music, I have a priority of paying more scrutiny to the instrumentation and arrangements as a listener but if an engaging melody pops up occasionally that holds my attention more than the arrangements then I feel the need to bow down before that song.

GVP not only has written melodious tunes but these melodious tunes play with the listeners emotions. I don’t know who he will attribute this feature to but regardless of being the world’s most renowned Indian composer’s nephew, he has and I feel he will continue in working his socks off to enthrall us all. The burden of responsibility on his shoulders is unanimously heavy, but I am happy to say that GVP doesn’t need people to address him as A. R. Rahman’s nephew anymore.

Source: http://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordp...s-and-couting/

Post Thanks / Like

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast