Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: G.V. Prakash Kumar - Latest Sensation

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    deva underestimated here .as for gvp even the impressive aadukalam doesnt sound the same in span of two yrs pinna eppadi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deva is one talent which went unnoticed/partially noticed because of the enormity of Raja and in later part of his career, Rahman. Problem is that he tried to mimic these two. P_R posted few days back about En Aasai Machan songs. For normal listeners, it will be hard to tell who composed those songs - Raja or Deva. Similarly Aasai and Nerukku Ner will have a Rahmanish flavour to it. And a truck load of plagiarised stuff to add to it. In the process, we lost many good numbers from the man.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Deva is one talent which went unnoticed/partially noticed because of the enormity of Raja and in later part of his career, Rahman. Problem is that he tried to mimic these two. P_R posted few days back about En Aasai Machan songs. For normal listeners, it will be hard to tell who composed those songs - Raja or Deva. Similarly Aasai and Nerukku Ner will have a Rahmanish flavour to it. And a truck load of plagiarised stuff to add to it. In the process, we lost many good numbers from the man.
    some unheralded gems from Deva..tak nu nyabagathukku vanthathu

"idhayam idhayam inaigirathe" from Vidugathai

"nilladi endrathu en manathu" from kalamellam kaathiruppaen

R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone mistook En Aasai Machchan for IR, it is his problem. indha vishayathai pala muRai pala pEru sollikittirukkAnga - as for me, I have never never never mistook a Deva song for IR or vice-versa(even when put to katin test by a pack of "I am neutral" wolves)

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And definitely, no creation of Deva ever has chance of being mistook for Rahman. Deva probably had some success mimicking Raja and maybe the uninitiated would fall for it and mistake a Deva creation as Raja but the naivest of listeners, I think, cannot mistake even one single second of a Deva creation as RAhman's. #epicfail in mimicking Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    enna evvalavu varusham kalichu vanthalum athey discussion thaanah. :looool: Continue to underestimate Deva. We have HJ and GVP now to appreciate.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    If someone mistook En Aasai Machchan for IR, it is his problem. indha vishayathai pala muRai pala pEru sollikittirukkAnga - as for me, I have never never never mistook a Deva song for IR or vice-versa(even when put to katin test by a pack of "I am neutral" wolves)
    as a school boys.. we mistook aasai for Rahman.. since it is from madras talkies..
    neenga musical... nanga appadi illaiye..

deva has created his trade mark gaana.. "kaathadikkudhu kaathadikkudhu.. kasi mEttu kaathadikkudhu" .. idhellam eppa kEttalum summa jivvunnu irukkum..
    but what about HJ & GVP.. atleast HJ has some good lyrics in his songs & also thamarai's lyrics (with Gautham) which will be remembered for ever..
    gvp? ..
    directors should bring back vidyasagar.. he deserves more chance than these 2

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    directors should bring back vidyasagar.. he deserves more chance than these 2
    +1000. Really good MD. Several xerox copies but still, several melodies too in his kitty. Blady, lost a golden opportunity last year. Both Siruthai & Kavalan released on the same day but neither of them had any chart-busters.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    silver jubilee kondaatitrikkura oru mEdhaikku kaatra mariyaadhaya idhu? :culture-illaadha-boys:

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

That's why I said 'normal listeners'. Any IR fan will be able distinguish IR songs from others and so will fans of other MDs. Like HR here, many of my school mates believed that Nerukku Ner and Aasai were composed by ARR while ARR fans could clearly pick it out.

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast