Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: G.V. Prakash Kumar - Latest Sensation

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Music Reviews

NARTHAGI MUSIC REVIEW

Review by : R. Richard Mahesh

Music Director : G.V. Prakash.

Vocals : Naresh Iyer, Saindhavi, Tippu, Harini, Unni Krishnan, Sudha Raghunathan, Vijay Yesudas, Vijay Prakash and Prashanthini.
    Lyrics : Na. Muthukumar.

G.V. Prakash-Na. Muthukumar combination has proved of its success relentlessly with previous albums. Sounds like ‘Narthaki’ is a musical-dance drama as the title ‘Narthaki’ (starring Aashish and Kalkai in lead roles) itself signifies and so are the songs. The album has some famous brands on tracks like Naresh Iyer, Tippu, Unni Krishnan, Sudha Raghunathan, Vijay Yesudas, Vijay Prakash and others.

Narthagi
    The Destiny...
    Vocals: Naresh Iyer, Saindhavi

Experience the carnatic feast by G.V. Prakash. The music director gears up for a radically distinctive work. The songs take off with Naresh Iyer’s chanting accompanied with a prelude on flute and sustained notes on Tambura. A minute later, it’s a complete show by Naresh Iyer, Saindhavi and chorus. The highlighting USPs of song is the instruments of flute and Mridhangam. ‘The Destiny’ is purely for the ardent admirers of Carnatic music.

Poovin Manam Poovil Illai...
    Vocals: Tippu, Harini

A poetic beauty indeed!!! Na. Muthukumar’s finely exquisite lyrical lines are evident from the opening lines ‘Poovin Manam Poovil Illai’ itself. The real life couple Tippu and Harini has delivered the song at their best (call it best on-track chemistry). Especially Harini is mellifluous with her crystal-clear clarity. The song is loaded with lots of instrumentals in the accompaniment, but is played mildly, thereby gaining more grandness for the vocalisms. Much alike the previous number, G.V. Prakash makes best usage of flute and Mridhangam with slow-strings heard throughout the song. The vocal parts and rhythmic patterns heard in interludes are reminiscences of ‘Pookal Pookkum Tharunam’ (Madharasapattinam with the same combination of Harini and GVP). The song is a cherry-pick of this album.

Vaan Mazhaiyin Thuligal...
    Vocals: Unni Krishnan, Sudha Raghunathan

The song sticks to the same musical genre as the other songs in the album with GVP making use of same instruments. But sudden introduction of Chenda Melam evokes our interest. The vocalisms by Unni Krishnan and Sudha Raghunathan are good at places. But the loud rhythmic sessions trivialize their finest renditions. The highlighting traits of the song are the mild notes of vibes played along with the vocals that embellishes the song.

Jai Jai Madha Sonthasi Madha...
    Vocals: Vijay Yesudas

Sounds like a situational track focalizing on father’s farewell to daughter for her journey of revival. Vijay Yesudas croons commendably, but the music is a little loud, perhaps demanded by the situation. The song lacks the basic feel of emotions that are very well delineated through Na. Muthukumar’s lyrics. Maybe with visuals, we can expect some better results. The song’s reprise version is heard during the end of album with the different title ‘Pooyevaa Magale Pooyevaa’

Chinnanchiru Idhayathil...
    Vocals: Vijay Prakash, Prashanthini

G.V. Prakash utilizes newfangled rhythmic pattern completely dissimilar from rest of the songs. The mellisonant duet has Vijay Prakash rendering with a different style. The young and vibrant playback singer is far-famed for his high-voltage numbers like ‘Veera’ (Raavanan), ‘Hosanna’ (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya). He has attempted something new like crooning with his bass voice, but gradually touches higher octaves at places. The rhythmic aspects and mild instrumentals enhance the intensity of romantic feel delivered through the singers. The song sets into our senses like slow poison and it’s gonna be a special melodic delight for the listeners.

Verdict:

Having churned out back-to-back chartbusters with ‘Aayirathil Oruvan’, ‘Madharasapattinam’ and ‘Aadukalam’, G.V. Prakash has boldly taken up an experimental project. Hats off to GVP for his endeavouring attempt on trying new genre of Carnatic, which is precisely rare of its kind in Tamil film industry. With ‘Poovin Manam’, ‘Vaan Mazhaiyin Thuligal’ and ‘Chinnanchiru Idhayathil’ being highly noticeable numbers, the album can expect some good responses.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adukalam songs, one fav album for now... enjoy all the songs...
    #UttamaVillain#

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    gvprakash: MSV is the best ever Indian composer no one can touch his grt wrk standing for centuries .. Hats of dear sir. We love ur grt lifeful tunes
    You are da man!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    poovin manam poovil illai - Song of the Season! GVP again

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale View Post
    poovin manam poovil illai - Song of the Season! GVP again
    Yes, very true. I personally feel it's the best song of GVPs career but as the movie is a B-grade flick, I doubt the song will pick up.

It's been a month since the album released but I feel as I've been hearing these songs since I was small. Very well put album by GVP, a legend in the making.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil,

Please pass the crown I dare say this kid is showing tremendous progress what some of the others didn't care or failed to make an impact. I am glad that he is setting his roots right and its always the melody, classical touch & orchestration synch is what differentiates the composer however good are you in latest trend and technology.

This is one of the most fascinating, gorgeous score in recent times post Ilaingan. From the haunting prelude to its overall effect, harini & tippu's rendition (awesome pair), ludes are brilliant. It so relaxing and sure have a very long play life.

Post Thanks / Like
    With Saindhavi by his side he has lot more to offer... Good.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale View Post
    Sunil,

Please pass the crown I dare say this kid is showing tremendous progress what some of the others didn't care or failed to make an impact. I am glad that he is setting his roots right and its always the melody, classical touch & orchestration synch is what differentiates the composer however good are you in latest trend and technology.

This is one of the most fascinating, gorgeous score in recent times post Ilaingan. From the haunting prelude to its overall effect, harini & tippu's rendition (awesome pair), ludes are brilliant. It so relaxing and sure have a very long play life.
    correcta sonninga..He's more versatile than his competitors..When is HArris gona attempt something like this?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Venkiram,

Thats exactly the difference. GVP didn't tweak the song to grab instant attention instead its a very nice slow paced song with a striking glow of erotic love & pain of separation. If you can give a close look with headphones this is indeed sheer beauty & highly mesmerising. Harini as usual gives a splendid expression and Tippu's diction though not clear at places but he was also good. Like I said the real beauty is how the song progresses from the haunting prelude to its overall effect, soothing melody, Tippu's striking entry and another spectacular feature is the interwoven classical ludes Ist with the Flute & Tabla & the second one is more innovative with Flute & Tippu's alaap playing similar notes.

Honestly, I haven't heard anything as good as this from either YSR or HJ though they have attempted in their own style but nothing of this magnitude of classical/carnatic touch.

Kudos GVP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Infact, pookul pookum tharanum didnt impress me much I felt thats a fake attempt by roping RKT but this one is way ahead & a gorgeous piece of a composotion.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast