Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    anyway, GVP is far ahead of IR and ARR :lol2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    puLLaandaan ore oru nalla paattu(pookkal pookum tharunam) dhaan potrukkaan idhuvaraikkum.
    avanukku aduththa isai gnaana sambandham maadhiri oru builduppaa?
    NOV andha vikram matter #3 innum parcel pannalaye neenga?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen
    I thought u were referring to his music
    Better the product, better the sales, stronger gets the brand.

அப்புறம் ஹாரிஸும் யுவனும் என்ன நீச்சலுடையில் ஆடியா இவ்வளவு ரசிகர்களை குவித்தார்கள்?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar

அப்புறம் ஹாரிஸும் யுவனும் என்ன நீச்சலுடையில் ஆடியா இவ்வளவு ரசிகர்களை குவித்தார்கள்?
    good one
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seniority is the reason And both had some super hits/BB films at that time, so their music gets better recognition...Intha vishayatil,GVP is unlucky..He never really had any BB films..Anandha thandavam/AO had good music but the songs went unnoticed because the movies did not do well..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    My new hero

Post Thanks / Like

Seniority is the reason And both had some super hits/BB films at that time, so their music gets better recognition...Intha vishayatil,GVP is unlucky..He never really had any BB films..Anandha thandavam/AO had good music but the songs went unnoticed because the movies did not do well..
    I did not want to get into this GVP-Yuvan-HJ comparisons and discussions as I find it very stale.

Now, your this post made me share my thoughts.

If you say GVP is unlucky becuase his movies failed at BO, i should say Yuvan is the unluckiest.

Look at the no of movies Yuvan has done in last three years and no of movies that succeeded. You will come to know what I'm trying to convey.

More than 50% of his movies bombed at the box office and most of the movies he did were for unknown/very less popular/very small movies. Many of his gems went unnoticed. I can give a huge list buddy.

Very small unknown movies get at least noticed little, only because of Yuvan music. Kadhal Solla Vandhen, Muthirai, KPKP kind of movies ellam, first three days collection 'Good' nu sollalam. The ONLY MAN behind this is Yuvan and not the hero or the producer.

Guaranteed two-three days opening when 'Yuvan' is on the title card. Check 'Chennai Box office' reports of Behindwoods to crossverify if you want.

Another fact (not a big one though) which I came across with the Pongal Releases must be quoted here.

Karthi's Paiya and NMA had very huge opening. Both touched a mark of 72 lakhs in chennai, IIRC. But sadly, his siruthai could collect 65 L i think. Being a festival release, this is certainly lower that it should have been! Well, that says it all!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last two years belongs to him. <consistently consistent> pallellaam koosunaalum athaan unmai.

GVP is very close to Yuvan in an year or two he may/will surpass.

Anandha Thaandavam is my fav album of GVP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scale, in an year or two, Yuvan will not be in the same position as he is now.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

seniortiy mannaangatti! HJ became a brand by giving some awesome tunes to propel an unknown film like Minnale months prior to its release. YSR did the same with many small films, more recently Baana Kaathaadi! Indha small films, no chance in big banners, etc are excuses that even GVP wouldn't/shudn't be proud of uttering...! GVP botched it up bigtime when he got opportunity in a Rajnikanth film, how bigger can it get?!

GVP is 1 or at the max 2 good songs in an album, big or small, as of now! let him be more consistent, viruthugal varum, rasigargalum...till then, i concur with Robert Frost n ajaybaskar in saying 'miles to go....' Aadukalam is indeed a good start in covering those miles! all the best to GVP!
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast