Thread: Nostalgia/curiosity about life for a twenty-something in Tamil Nadu in the 1980's...

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nostalgia/curiosity about life for a twenty-something in Tamil Nadu in the 1980's...

I was born in the 1980's... I was seven years old in 1989... so my memories of life in Tamil Nadu back then are very vague... at best...

But I'm curious now... what was life like for urban twenty-somethings at that time? I'm very curious to know what life was like for the last generation in Tamil Nadu before the arrival of satellite TV, the internet and mobile phone technology... Whatever little I know comes from Tamil films of that era... of course I've heard lots of songs from that era - mostly by maestro Ilayaraja... somehow I've not actually watched many films from that era...

So I'm curious... what was the "fashion" at that time? What kinds of clothes, hairstyles were "in" at the time? What did twenty-somethings do/where did they go in their spare time? What was the lingo like in those days? What was life like before the arrival of ForumHub? If you needed any information, how did you find it in the days before Google, Yahoo, or Wikipedia? How did you keep in touch with your close friends in the days before mobile phones or Facebook? How did families spend their evenings before the arrival of "Megaserials"? What academic targets did parents set their children in the days before it was possible to score 200/200 in public exams? What distractions did students have then that could possibly have turned their attention away from studies?

Any films/songs etc. that to you most effectively/accurately evoke the spirit/mood/zeitgeist of the time?

Curious to know...
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement