Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great places to eat out - recommend!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest Hongkong Restaurant in Cochin,Empire Restaurant in Bangalore[Near Shivajinagar Bus Station] and Southern Spice in Pune[Near Ruby Hall clinic].

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blahblah,
    Very poor taste! I was expecting you to name some good keralathinde restaurants from pune. Pathetic fellow you are

See, not even one mallu restaurant from bangalore. Been to Hotel Mas opposite Infosys which is a second home to Keralites?

I was delighted to find a caterer Mohanettaan who made delicious parottas. Weekly once, he offers Kappa with fish curry that is just out of the world. I forgot the phone number but can give the location if you are interested.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walrus,You make me mad!

Southern Spice is inevitably a Kerala restaurant,their caption says "cuisines from the God's own country".Again Empire restaurant from Bangalore which I have mentioned is run by Mallus and serves perfect sea food and other non-veg items.They have another branch near St.Thomas town at the place called Kammanahalli.If you are in Bangalore,you should also try out a little place with no name at all.It is behind Dharmaram College,on the road with the three wedding halls called Suryodaya,Arunodaya and Chandrodaya.Ask for Varghese Chettan's 'Hotel',opp. St.Thomas Church.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there are umpteen nos in blore.

TANDOOR in mgroad.
    GRAMIN in Kormangla (esp if one likes the tingy chat masala taste, flavoured high on punjabi style)

HALLIMANE in link road (to enjoy the flavoured Karnataka
    akki roti and kinds)

LOTS OF SMALL SLV restaurants where we get MOUTH WATERING DOSAS

omg, I AM GONNA DINE OUT TODAY....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blah blah,
    thanks Atleast I forced you at gunpoint to leak out some places where I can enjoy

Bangalore is utter waste for food - neither north indian nor south indian. If you are not armed with info on the tamil-style, andhra-style, kerala-style restaurants, stomach upsets will be a daily occurence.

Shaktiprabha, what kind of cooking is followed in the places you mentioned?

Best bet for south indian meal is Krishna Kafe, Koramangala. Excellent unlimited food - delicious poriyal, kootu, sambhar, rasam, pappad, curd, buttermilk, pickle - mouthwatering indeed!!
    But its a bit pricey - Rs. 50!!
    Madras is a winner all the way. However Saravana Bhavan is overrated - Perfect description of it is "utter waste"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    LOTS OF SMALL SLV restaurants where we get MOUTH WATERING DOSAS
    Bangalore dosas! Plzzz.....their sambhars have every color of the rainbow mixed in them!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And sweetened too ( What an irony It is hot sambar that should make me cry, but B;lore's sweet sambar makes me cry- in sorrow ) Another handicap- some hotels close during noon Good old Tamilnadu for Epicureans
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    TN is the best place for sambhar. Automatically too, since they dont make it elsewhere.
    Forgot a must-taste preparation from kerala - More Kozhambu! What a taste - especially when taken with the ubiquitous banana poriyal and chip-like pappads. Tamil nadu, thalli nillu!

One of the reasons every dish in Bangalore is called "bath"(Rice bath, bisi bele bath, karra bath, even pongal bath) is there's enough water for you to swim in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    And sweetened too ( What an irony It is hot sambar that should make me cry, but B;lore's sweet sambar makes me cry- in sorrow ) Another handicap- some hotels close during noon Good old Tamilnadu for Epicureans
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    Bangalore dosas! Plzzz.....their sambhars have every color of the rainbow mixed in them!!
    I sure dont knwo the cooking they adhere to..I am not a cook either but yes, CHENNAI CAN stand nowhere near the North Indian delicacies Bangalore offers.

Regarding SLV dosa, I am a dosa freak, and I shall tell u secret 8) dont eat Dosa with Sambhar, they give yummy chutneys.

Dosas have hundreds of varieties here, like veg dosa, ragi dosa etc which is much better for health and compliments our taste buds.
    Imagine CHENNAI DOSA, which is sooo greasy, batter as soul as buttermilk and NEVER hot(I meant hot not in spicy way).

FOOD IS ANYDAY GREAT IN BANGALORE.

BTW, Where is this Krishna cafe? (I hear my hus complaining, as such she freaks out in hotels, now she has a hub which advises where to eat and where not )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus

One of the reasons every dish in Bangalore is called "bath"(Rice bath, bisi bele bath, karra bath, even pongal bath) is there's enough water for you to swim in.
    That was Hilllarious hehehewalrus, nevertheless, mentioning that for karrabath and rice bath is an EXAGERATION.

Reg pongal, THATS THE ONLY DISH I HATE IN BANGALORE. Near BTM second stage, we have hotel called udupi darshan, they started adhering to tamizhnaadu standard of Pongal.
    tamizh software guys, and local tamilians here taught them to make good pongal. Nooo! you wont get raitha as side dish dotn worry

I have a Dietician as my friend, who suffocates at the thought of Pongal made my tamilians. She would say, "mix all veg, make it more watery, dont add ghee to season it, and TRY THAT PONGAL, its so tasty and yumy"

I would RATHER NOT EAT PONGAL than eating it this way

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast