• Who's Eastwood?

2 18.18%
  • What about as a Mayor? He was once.

0 0%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint Eastwood: Actor & Director

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is thala clint's week...just watched heart break ridge.... i am going to watch the(good, bad, ugly) nth time and hang them high.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove
    Bala,
    I guess Jimmy would keep sending 500$ in name of Dave, and led her believe he is alive somewhere. Hence why she was searching for Dave. I guess that would be a reasonable explanation.
    I meant the scene where Jimmy's wife "comforts" him and tells that bit about being the "king" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
    Linney, as his wife, has a scene where she responds to his need for vengeance, and it is not unreasonable to compare her character to Lady Macbeth
    Clint acknowledges this in Charlie Rose. After 21:00.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Woody's thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    I am guilty of being Woody's fan the same way I am of Eastwood's. I want them, and their brand of content in those films.
    Oh man, once again, frighteningly close to my taste.
    It's all about what we liked about them in the first place, I suppose. In Eastwood's case, he does not write those films, so we can't find "him" in the films he does not star.

By the way, for fans of White Hunter Black Heart, I found this http://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/f...31&orden=75399
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    From Woody's thread:
    I am guilty of being Woody's fan the same way I am of Eastwood's. I want them, and their brand of content in those films.
    Oh man, once again, frighteningly close to my taste.
    It's all about what we liked about them in the first place, I suppose. In Eastwood's case, he does not write those films, so we can't find "him" in the films he does not star.

By the way, for fans of White Hunter Black Heart, I found this http://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/f...31&orden=75399
    Thank you, Groucho. That's an interesting dissection of WHBH themes. It's a layered film that works on so many levels. I had some semblance of thoughts on such lines without the drive and power to articulate. Many thanks for this!

White Hunter can thereby criticise Wilson’s individualism and violence, and consequently revise Eastwood’s persona, while at the same time celebrating that independence and spontaneity, his anti-bureaucratic stance, which he is seen to embrace at the end
    by becoming a director. This final move echoes Eastwood’s alleged
    independence as a filmmaker, now even cynically enhanced by the film’s aura of revisionism.
    The film is in deed a statement of Clint's paradigm shift. There was a point in mid-80s when Clint had to put up with detractors and critics in general, unable to relent or accept the transformation from iconic characters to a flexible actor and intelligent filmmaker. The only country that supported and recognized him around that point was France. But even there, mainstream press had a stereotyped fixation when it came to him. He managed to vanquish 'em all in the end.

And I do see a lot of Warner brothers (the long standing employers/producers of Clint's films) in Paul Landers characters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, reg. stereotyped fixation in French mainstream press (considering they are better informed than American press. Even Charlie Rose was annoyingly ignorant in one of his interviews with Clint). Here's one example where I wanted to punch the arrogant lady interviewer. Just watch Clint managing to keep it short and to-the-point. Had this film happened, It would have been excellent, no doubts. Godard is the greatest film stylist and trickster to my mind. the one who genuinely kept out of overtly "dramatic" acting. Clint would be a dream choice. I guess months after this interview, that lady would have got some food for thought with Godard dedicating his film "Detective" to Clint (and John Cassavetes).

Post Thanks / Like
    //Dig @ K_G, oruthar ennanna "no smoking",innoruthar "களவும் கற்று மற" inga oruthar Whiskey piriyar
    BTW, Jack tells "the glass of beer" right? Dig//

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Appu s
    //Dig @ K_G, oruthar ennanna "no smoking",innoruthar "களவும் கற்று மற" inga oruthar Whiskey piriyar
    BTW, Jack tells "the glass of beer" right? Dig//
    Yes yes. This one caters to my taste.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But that is bourbon ain't it? More to my taste. Or maybe you are making "Jack" connection
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    But that is bourbon ain't it? More to my taste. Or maybe you are making "Jack" connection
    Jack Torrance orders bourbon. but the original quote has 'beer' in it.

My preference is in the avatar and signature.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    groucho,

intha thread ethir parthatha vida activavey irrukku....

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast