2 18.18%
  • What about as a Mayor? He was once.

0 0%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint Eastwood: Actor & Director

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Letters from Iwo Jima - Fantastic, fantastic making. hmm..

The film portrays the Battle of Iwo Jima from the perspective of the Japanese soldiers, Excellent battle scenes along with fantastic acting. Clint eastwood .

P.S: The entire film is in Japanese with few English dialogs.

Grouch, Have you seen this and Flag of our Fathers( American Perspective of Battle of Iwo Jima)??.
    i heard the Flag of our Fathers was not as good as Iwo Jima.....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Grouch, Have you seen this and Flag of our Fathers( American Perspective of Battle of Iwo Jima)??.
    No, actually I am a fan of the actor first, before the director, and the subject matter did not interest me all that much. I might visit them one of these days.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last Clint movie i watched

Enforcer.
    Nothing to rave about the movie. It was better than Magnum Force though. After watching Dirty Harry, i liked it so much that i downloaded Magnum Force and Enforcer. But, both the films were a let down except for Clint. Sudden Impact wouldnt be any better, i guess. Still, i am planning to download it.

P.S I couldnt avoid imagining Rajinikanth in Clint's character in the Dirty Harry movie series. Anybody else here thought so??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salaam_chennai
    Sudden Impact wouldnt be any better, i guess. Still, i am planning to download it.
    The Enforcer is the best sequel of them all. Sudden Impact would require you to forward scenes involving the cadaverous Sondra Locke. Yet, another Eastwood flick where she gets raped This is the film from where the then US President Ronald Reagan hijacked a line...a very immortal line.
    P.S I couldnt avoid imagining Rajinikanth in Clint's character in the Dirty Harry movie series. Anybody else here thought so??
    Ithai patti nanbar A2A virivaaga peesuvar
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks groucho for the alert on Sudden Imapct. will watch and post here how the movie was.

By the way just now noticed the poll. If the director option is split as Director('Unforgiven' and later) and Director(Before 'Unforgiven'), I would have voted for Director('Unforgiven' and later).

I voted for Clint the actor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarabba athu third option-ukku vote pottathu . (VV style) Raascal!

f the director option is split as Director('Unforgiven' and later) and Director(Before 'Unforgiven'), I would have voted for Director('Unforgiven' and later).

Athu

In case of being a director, yeah, you are right to a point. My take on his films as director before Unforgiven:

The Rookie (1990): To quote NOV, "stupid movie", but not without some nice Eastwoodian lines.

White Hunter Black Heart (1990): Brilliant, still in my top ten.

Bird (1988): Awesome tribute to one of the greatest jazz musician.

Heartbreak Ridge (1986): Highly, highly underrated. Watching it again recently, my wife opened up and confessed that she is now an Eastwood fan.

"Amazing Stories" (1 episode, 1985)
    - Vanessa in the Garden (1985) TV episode - with Sondra Locke. Boy am I happy I have never seen it.

Pale Rider (1985): Sort of remake of the better High Plains Drifter. Had its moment, though.

Sudden Impact (1983): Sondra Locke Rape Movie.

Honkytonk Man (1982): Forgettable. Honestly, Clint was not convincing as: 1) Honky Tonk Singer
    2) Dude with TB. Nah, he looks like he's faking it.

Firefox (1982): Reason why he never made effects ladden movie until, like twenty years later. Badly made!

Bronco Billy (1980): Sweet...his take on Capra's works.

The Gauntlet (1977): Sondra Locke Rape Movie the Prequel.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976): Superb. One of his best, top five material definitely.

The Eiger Sanction (1975): I find this boring, except the part where the native girl bares her assets.

Breezy (1973): Haven't seen it yet.

High Plains Drifter (1973): Top Five Material, for sure. Awesome pix.

Play Misty for Me (1971): Unofficially remade as Fatal Attraction later. Known for Talaivar in his Y-brief

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks groucho for the alert on Sudden Imapct. will watch and post here how the movie was.

By the way just now noticed the poll. If the director option is split as Director('Unforgiven' and later) and Director(Before 'Unforgiven'), I would have voted for Director('Unforgiven' and later).

Director (before 'Unforgiven') is great in his own right.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you are right, you are right Thilak.

By the way, Talaivar on the GQ mag cover as "Badass of the Year"
    http://www.cherrybombed.com/wp-conte...odBadassGQ.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    great. I need to bookmark this page. It will be very useful for me.

Out of the movies you listed i like Play Misty for me(Eastwood'aye stalk pannudhunna andha heeroeni evlo peria thillalangadiya iruundhirukanum), and High Plains Drifter.

I downloaded White Hunter Black Heart and Duck Soup after seeing ur top 10 holly list thread. I didnt like Duck Soup(ok.. cuss me however you want). So, i kept WHBH on hold. have to watch it sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    SC, thanks for taking my top ten list seriously . No harm in not liking Duck Soup, it depends on one's taste (pun either is or not intended, up to you).
    So, i kept WHBH on hold. have to watch it sometime.
    You likey Gran Torino, then you likey WHBH. But its nice if you have watched The African Queen (1951, Bogart got best actor Oscar for this, err...knocking off Brando in Streetcar ). Then, you know what the heck the whole movie is about.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast