2 18.18%
  • What about as a Mayor? He was once.

0 0%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint Eastwood: Actor & Director

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America
    Any one has seen the movie The bridges of Madison county?

it is one of under rated eastwood movies.....
    Not really underrated. Since he had done better films, some mainstream stuff that I like, some darker deep stuff that the intellect types like (see above posts), this film is hardly talked about.

It has been rewarded financially (did decent business considering that his films [except some of the recent ones] have always been under schedule and low budget0. Plus not to mention the awards

Eastwood was on a roll at that time, after Unforgiven, he directed A Perfect World, which was not so perfect, it coulda, woulda type of film predating the dark films he made recently, and this film. Appuram back to meat and potato stuff.

I liked it because of its a dream casting. Who'd have thought that the greatest actress ever would be teamed up with ex-Poncho wearing, formerly Smith & Wesson Model 29 packing Mr. Squinty Eyed himself. Plus it has beautiful cinematography...with that kind of location, you better shoot it well. Nice film, good to revisit these days. What's your take A2A?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually do not like or am not much in to love stories...... some movies could be exceptional.... But this movie really engrossed me. First of all, this movie is not typical love story or I would say chick's movie......probably, It could be one of the reasons i liked it.

Meryl Streep:
    She had acted well in so many movies and nominated for Oscars many time (guess 13 times). I think she is one of the method actresses in Hollywood. She really learned the way the Italian immigrant speaks English. In my opinion, her character reflects closely with Indian woman who sacrifices their needs or happiness for kids and family. The movie carries a lot of emotional scenes and she did it well. I would say one could see her presence or dominance through out the movie. As you know, how Clint would be in romantic scenes….though I had seen her many movies like Kramer Vs Kramer, Sophie’s choice, out of Africa, the Deer hunter, but this is the movie which convinced me that she is probably only living legendary actress in Hollywood.

Clint Eastwood:
    In my opinion, Clint excels more behind the camera than in front of the camera. I notice one thing with Clint movies is that he never deliberately incorporates any scene. He just let the story goes as it is and not bothering much about the twist and turns. I think he wants the viewer should feel like they are reading some kind of novel….this is what I felt from most of his movies. I like the climax in the movie where Clint waiting for Meryl Streep in small town in Iowa. She comes out of the grocery shop with her husband and Clint waits for her. She gets in to car and Clint drives his car in front of her. He stops his car at the intersection for signal. One could feel her battle with emotions…. She feels like he is the right man for her but still she could not make her decision because of her kids and family……Clint does not cross the intersection after the red turns to green….it increases the intensity of her emotions…. During this entire climax, camera does not show clint’s face…..Camera focuses more on her and shows more her emotions than Clint. What I mean, the climax was so natural and set in a small town unlike Indian movies where the climax sets in railway station. As a director, Clint excelled very well. As an actor, he under played himself. In my opinoin, He has a great knack of story telling.....

Read the below comments from Clint east wood on this movie.
    When I was doing The Bridges of Madison County (1995), I said to myself, "This romantic stuff is really tough. I can't wait to get back to shooting and killing."
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    One anecdote I recall is Meryl Streep saying how annoyed she was that during the lovemaking scene Clint Eastwood's attention was not on her but on the camera position
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    One anecdote I recall is Meryl Streep saying how annoyed she was that during the lovemaking scene Clint Eastwood's attention was not on her but on the camera position
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho,

the movie got rave review and probabaly did well in boxoffice..... What i mean that, not really many people know that Clint directed and acted in a beautiful romantic movie..... Probabaly, his star value or other his movies overshadowed this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood
    When I was doing The Bridges of Madison County (1995), I said to myself, "This romantic stuff is really tough. I can't wait to get back to shooting and killing."
    [/tscii]
    After that, as an actor he did Absoloute Power where he did only one killing directly. After that True Crime, no death. Space Cowboy, zilch. MDB, indirect. Gran Torino, finally, himself. Namma talaivara Streep convert pannittanggaloo

Edit. Blood Work. Aweful film, he almost died then did one killing at the end.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood
    [/tscii]
    After that, as an actor he did Absoloute Power where he did only one killing directly. After that True Crime, no death. Space Cowboy, zilch. MDB, indirect. Gran Torino, finally, himself. Namma talaivara Streep convert pannittanggaloo

Edit. Blood Work. Aweful film, he almost died then did one killing at the end.
    irrukum irukkum......thalivaruku thaan NAALU wife ithuvaraikum......

I have seen all the movies you have mentioned here.... I really enjoyed lot with BLOOD WORK except the climax, a tough army officer role in Absolute power and boxing coach (mercy killer) in MDB....So far, i have seen only one movie in theater which is Gran Torino.... I had different experience in theater.... it was opening day evening show.... theater was house full.... people thoroughly enjoyed the movie... audience were laughing for the joke and clapping for his dialogues against bad guys.... the movie got standing ovation at the end of the show.... you know one thing i was probably one among the young guy in the theater..... strong fan base among 50+ age group (Baby boomers). They simply love him....

Post Thanks / Like
    a tough army officer role in Absolute power
    You are probably talking about Heartbreak Ridge, one of the most quotable movie apart from the Dirty Harry films.

Now, that is an underrated film. Pure fun. Eastwood trying to connect with his feminine side reading women's mag

Here's how he introduces himself to the platoon he is placed in charge:
    Highway: My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and p!ssed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together.

.... the movie got standing ovation at the end of the show.... you know one thing i was probably one among the young guy in the theater..... strong fan base among 50+ age group (Baby boomers). They simply love him....
    Yeah, they are his biggest supporters naturally, when he came bursting into the scene in the sixties, when they were hippies. I was influenced by my dad naturally, but he was into all of those tough guys including one I cannot digest like Charles Bronson (pre-Death Wish was good though) and Chuck Norris (not many know he wears a wig :P ).

Post Thanks / Like
    watched once again Grant TORINO Yesterday....At the age of 79, Clint does it again.....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Letters from Iwo Jima - Fantastic, fantastic making. hmm..

The film portrays the Battle of Iwo Jima from the perspective of the Japanese soldiers, Excellent battle scenes along with fantastic acting. Clint eastwood .

P.S: The entire film is in Japanese with few English dialogs.

Grouch, Have you seen this and Flag of our Fathers( American Perspective of Battle of Iwo Jima)??.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast