• Who's Eastwood?

2 18.18%
  • What about as a Mayor? He was once.

0 0%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Clint Eastwood: Actor & Director

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unforgiven onwards watched on big screen (except the ones he didn't act). The earlier ones I may have watched with dad when I was a kid. Can't remember, but a lot on TV with him, which led to me becoming a fan.

Otherwise on TV/VCD/DVD watched all Leone, and post Leone work except The Witches (an episode with him).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither leone nor morricone speakenglish well but these two guys to gether made classic movies in Hollywood. in one of the leone's intervievvw from early 80s, he said morricone did music first and then shooting took place. i cann't even imagine how morricone conceived the music whithout seeing the visuals....Wow
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dollars trilogy belongs to Leone and Morricone. Talaivar just lent his presence. It could have been anyone else, watch how Bronson and Fonda totally blew the screen away in Once Upon. I felt Eastwood would have still become a great star without Leone, thanks to his fame in Rawhide series, his own enthusiasm (directed an episode of the series, or was it more? Not sure). Remember, it was Paint Your Wagon that made him think, "f*** it, I will now command my own ship and not wreck it".
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    The Dollars trilogy belongs to Leone and Morricone. Talaivar just lent his presence. It could have been anyone else, watch how Bronson and Fonda totally blew the screen away in Once Upon. I felt Eastwood would have still become a great star without Leone, thanks to his fame in Rawhide series, his own enthusiasm (directed an episode of the series, or was it more? Not sure). Remember, it was Paint Your Wagon that made him think, "f*** it, I will now command my own ship and not wreck it".
    That's true.... clinet eastwood was skeptical about the movie because people from hollywood had bad impression on western made by other than hollywood producers. often americans mocked at them.... But leone is exceptional and he shut their holes.... I somehow like OUTIW more than dollar triology..... Leone wanted clint, eli wallah and van cliff to act in the opening scene of OUTIW where three thugs waiting at train station to kill branson....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week, I revisited the movie Per un pugno di dollari & Per qualche dollaro in più and for nth time...the movie is still entertaining.... i felt the the charecter of Gian Maria Volonté was highly inspired by amjad khan in sholay.

Then, i happened to be in italian film festival in newyork city. I was so curious to see the stills from movies. The topic was "golden era of italian movies (1960-1970)". I was expecting that i would end up seeing something from sergio movies.... damn, there is no information about him....it mostly showcased the work of "Sophia lauren, clausida cardinale & michel angelo"....i felt so bad....
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 17th October 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    American Sniper directed by clint eastwood is releasing today...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819