Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrum MSV

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, Kannadhasan-MSV-TMS-Sivaji is the most complete combo and nothing else can ever come close to them.

The 60s is definitely the GOLDEN ERA of Tamil Films and will continue to live on in the hearts and minds of its audience.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, watch out also for Mukta Sreenivasan interview, tonight and tomorrow @ 10pm.

While it would be nice to know about Thavaputhalvan or Nirai Koodam....I am especially anxious to know where he got the idea for Anbai Thedi
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'vidiya vidiya solliththaruvEn' is AVM production's 'pOkkiri rAjA' song (Rajinikanth-Sridevi-Radhika starrer). Not rANuva veeran.

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    M: Madhana Maaligayil
    F: Madhana Maaligayil
    M: Mandhira maaalaigalaa
    F: Mandhira Maalaigalaa
    One of my absolute favorite MSV songs. Doesnt get as much radio play during the golden oldies playtimes, but simply fantastic. Especially the way the final time the pallavi is sung - I like to think that it is a precursor RAjA's poo maalaayE thOL sEravA.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Compli.

I think over here it does get fair playtime, even when I was a kid I used to listen to it a lot on radio. Upbeat song amidst more emotional Ammamaa or the clown song.

Creation may be accidental, but they are all MSV's tunes and the fact that MSV is open to suggestion, even if its from coffee boy shows how great our composer is. Wonder what happened to that coffee boy.

App, I corrected it in the first post Thanks.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    clown song
    naa siriikkirEn sirikkirEn sirippu varala - prelude to unakkenna mElE nindraai song
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    clown song
    naa siriikkirEn sirikkirEn sirippu varala - prelude to unakkenna mElE nindraai song
    Or prelude to NT's Kinkini kinkini kini kinikini Ena Varum Maatha Kovil Maniosai Hope I got the number of kinis right, pretty tricky pallavi I say. MSV

Speaking of which, while downloading I uncovered a concert version of Isai Keetaal Poovi Asainthadum...that looks like from that time (70s) with TMS doing extra Alabanai in the opening. Neat stuff

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Benny Lava's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Compli.

I think over here it does get fair playtime, even when I was a kid I used to listen to it a lot on radio. Upbeat song amidst more emotional Ammamaa or the clown song.

Creation may be accidental, but they are all MSV's tunes and the fact that MSV is open to suggestion, even if its from coffee boy shows how great our composer is. Wonder what happened to that coffee boy.

App, I corrected it in the first post Thanks.
    Epdi neenga mattum ipdi yosikreenga

Post Thanks / Like
    Benny, you just cooked up an inspiration for a crime story.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I think MSV himself rose from a humble status as SM Subbiah Naidu's edupidi to ghost-composing for him( I think), which is apparently why he believed that one's station in life doesnt determine talent. Not sure of this story but have read it somewhere.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast