Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrum MSV

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Endrum MSV

[html:ba364067cb]

[/html:ba364067cb]

Endrendrum MSV is a TV programme produced by Mega TV. It is shown in Malaysian TV Vanavil on Sundays at 9pm.

[html:ba364067cb]

[/html:ba364067cb]

In the programme, MSV reveals many behind-the-scenes in the creation of many popular songs of his period.

This thread is for Groucho to express himself every Monday.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ithu naaney open pannirukkalaame

Anyway, yesterdays episode was interesting as always. Who's the presenter, by the way? He's okay, sometimes going over the top with the praise, like the following exchange (paraphrased):

P: Neenggalum Kavignar Kannadhasan-um seernthal, enna nadakkum? Manthiramaa? Illa tanthiramaa?
    MSV: Rendu peerum olungga veelaya seyvom

The best one in this episode is the story behind the song Madhana Maaligaiyil (Rajapart Ranggathurai). They had about seven tunes for the song, and couldn't decide which. A coffee boy suggested to mix third and seven, Kavingar dismissed the boy, but he was standing afar seeing if MSV would attempt it, and he does it.

M: Madhana Maaligayil
    F: Madhana Maaligayil
    M: Mandhira maaalaigalaa
    F: Mandhira Maalaigalaa

So, the repeated line with different was the seventh tune. How brilliantly he put them together and ended up with a classic song!

Also I was pleasantly surprised when they presented Vidiya Vidiya Sollitaruveen...beautiful song that MSV admitted was composed with ghazal in mind. It was in Ranuva Veeran, I think.

NOV, your turn.

Edit. Found out the song was in Pokiri Raja...damn my memory.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Who's the presenter, by the way? He's okay, sometimes going over the top with the praise,
    He is quite comical
    He also hosts another fav programme of mine Amutha Ganam (12.30pm on Fridays). Very expressive and distinct manner of hosting.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Endrendrum MSV

this is the guy....

[html:e4668bfeab]

[/html:e4668bfeab]

Aadavan the host of Amuda Ganam on Mega TV is keen to make his show more interesting in the coming episodes.

The show has Tamil old melodies along with interesting information about them. The show has crossed 600 episodes and is being watched by people of all age groups.

The theme based songs are a great hit among the viewers. A lot of interesting things are on the anvil in the near future says the director of the show. Watch Amuda Ganam Daily at 8 to 9 am and Monday to Thursday 9.30pm to 10.30 pm on Mega TV. - Sampurn Media

Post Thanks / Like
    NOV, that pix with TMS & P. Suseela, must be more recent. 80s? MSV already white haired there.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear NOV,
    Endrendrum MSV is a programme hosted in Mega TV (and not Jaya TV).
    Dear Rakesh,
    The picture was taken recently during the recording of a song for the film Valiban Sutrum Ulagam, rendered by T.M.S. and P.Susila. The song is available for listening at www.jointscene.com

Raghavendran
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Raghavendran.
    new song by MSV-TMS-PS?
    paravala, enakkandha baakkiyam vEndaam :P

Pls join in the discussions Raghavendran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clarification, Rhagavendra-sir.

It's interesting that Malaysian TV is taking interest in old films. I mean, early morning they are showing films from the 40s for Bhagavathar's sake. Unfortunately, I have no patience for pre-Parasakhti films. Give me post Parasakhti especially NT and MGR anytime.

Anyway, there seemed to be another show called Amara Kaviyam, where local perusus discuss old songs. Partenggala, NOV?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Anyway, there seemed to be another show called Amara Kaviyam, where local perusus discuss old songs. Partenggala, NOV?
    not yet rakesh.. my tolerance level for local shows is very low

but I am a fan of sokkudhe manam (jaya or mega tv? )

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, mine is low too. I suppose after seeing the kitchen one would hesitate to eat in certain restaurants. Sokkudhey Manam, yes as and when I get time I'd watch it. Pretty incredible vocal there.

Coming back to the MSV show, it's inevitable how while praising MSV, it always end up praising Kavignar too. Hope we also get to learn a bit about background to some of Valee/MSV songs too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast