Post Thanks / Like
    klapali ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VENKIRAJA
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan
    1. Organized very poorly.. I was NOT at all asked for the Donor pass any time.. any one could have attended.. I remember one guy was asking me for extra donor pass...in fact, I had Rs.300 donor pass.. but I was sitting in Rs.1000 arena.. I did NOT realize this when I entered..
    adapaavgalaa! anga 500 ticket vaangittu 300 roova edathula ukkaandhu pAthirukaainga!
    One of my friend who had 200 Rs student pass was sitting in Rs. 5000 section

Should have gone early Ram

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    ‘Kalpali,’ a song from Rang De Basanti was the starter.
    Master? enakkum Khalbali thAn modhal pAttu mAdhiri nyAbgam..
    Maddy aNNan kitta irundhu neRAyA edhirpArthEn.. engE? RK enga tholanju pOyitAru?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi guys....

i was there as well...
    was planning give lm and co a surprise.... but sodhappufied...

master, when u spoke i could not hear anything... after that no network coverage... only my friends airtel had coverage... but from his mobile i kept on callling u till 11 30.. but now luck....
    sorry for being there and not able to meed out fellow Rahmaniacs....

and about the show... MASS.

never expected it will be so crowded when the spot is 80 km away from chennai city... being a nite before monday, still so many people travelled was unbelievable...

police protection was there from velacherry itself, the place from where i started in bike around 4 15... when we went to one of the police to ask the route to ECR, he readily asked, to ARR show? take this road...
    and when i was near muttukadu where we stopped for a fag, we started realizing its not gonna be a 10 or 20k crowd show... our dreams of getting chance to see ARR in a relatively near distance started fading away... so many cars, VIP vagons, bikes, girls, above all police vehicles... ufff

after a couple of traffic jams we reached the place around 6 30... and the no of vehicles which entered the parking lot... oh man... we were jus dumbstruck...
    and was well before on time as the show started around 7... as lm said, for 500rs, we were laughing at ourself to see how far we were sitting from the stage... atleast 500m i guess...
    the stage arrangement was too good... and the stage was huge... when ARR entered... the everyone in the front rows were standing on their chairs.... could not see the stage... managed to watch in the huge screen...
    after those couple of patriotic kinda songs, ARR started with the right one, Athiradee... wow... was able to watch how he pulled out that... na... na... na.. super man dhaan... midnightla spiderman dhaan....

and when kadhal rojave started, my first disappointment arose, there was no SPB and hariharan was singing that... was thinking, gonna miss some great thamil songs cos of no SPB

and as everyone said, those huge speakers were not sufficient for such a huge open space with so much of crowd... we were shouting sound please, and thats when we realized that our loud screams which were able to bring any auditorium down during college days was not even audible as a whisper... so much roaring were the audience...

and when ARR came in that crane, it was MASS... thanks thalaiva...

as the stage was not visible due to the front seated so called posh crowd which was in their barbaric best act when there were all standing on decks of chairs and dancing... we only had an option to catch it all in big screen... but that cameraman... kaila kedachirundha kandippa kolai dhaan... he was not even covering the stage and other singers, instrumentalists... only covering the close up shot of ARR, wont they even realize that they need to cover everyone there ... thats @#$# was showing shivamanis close up face all the time when he was doing magic with his instruments and the worst was when Rehana singing chaiya chaiya with another singer, for most part of the song we were thinking that Rehana is singing the song in male voice... i was telling my friend that she is attempting male voice, but later when my friends realized that there was one another male singer singing that, the look they gave ... why din hariharan sing that song when he has sing in original version...

after a point of time everyone were so restless to hear all hindi songs... more than 6 songs in a row... without a tamil song... some people started walking away... this is not at all acceptable eventhough lm justified that this is how all his concerts are... this is happening in chennai, his home ground, his home fans... and more than 25% of them would not have heard those hindi songs much before this concert... i heard the tamil crowd getting frustrated for the array of hindi songs which were like first time hear for them... when they came expecting his tamil hits...
    eventhough the frontline singers were missing, i thought they would manage to sing those songs with hariharan and benny as benny use to sing other people songs also in some of his shows... but

the crowd came alive when chitra was shown after two hrs time... and she sang only two songs continuosly and disappeared...
    and after that it was saravedi.... when ARR realized that its hightime to bring tamil wonders...
    taxi taxi, mustafa, arabikkadal, finished with Jai ho and Vande maataram... for us it looked like the show ended when it was jus shifted to 10th gear when it was jus a couple of min to 11pm...

and the fireworks were awesome...

ARR himself accepted for there were some faults and issues and seeked sorry for that, and he would give a better show the next time...

and the things i most enjoyed was, most of the songs, the preludes were kinda different, mixed up with some new sound./music from other songs and even some unknowns... and they was he did medey when one song seamlessly tranforming into another... and as ARR occupied the stage by singing more than 60% songs i guess...

sorry for such a short write up for such a historical event... will write more
    Sach is Life..

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    ‘Kalpali,’ a song from Rang De Basanti was the starter.
    Master? enakkum Khalbali thAn modhal pAttu mAdhiri nyAbgam..
    Oh It's always been Jagge Hain for the past few years.

Ram doesn't have access to hub in office.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword
    after a point of time everyone were so restless to hear all hindi songs... more than 6 songs in a row... without a tamil song... some people started walking away... this is not at all acceptable eventhough lm justified that this is how all his concerts are... this is happening in chennai, his home ground, his home fans... and more than 25% of them would not have heard those hindi songs much before this concert... i heard the tamil crowd getting frustrated for the array of hindi songs which were like first time hear for them... when they came expecting his tamil hits...
    you have written my feelings here... I was one among the crowd walking away by that time.... also one of those 25%...

the crowd came alive when chitra was shown after two hrs time... and she sang only two songs continuosly and disappeared... (
    this is news to me... was NOT aware that she was also part of the crew... which songs she sang?? Kannalane ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost my opinions. Was with my school friends there...
    Waiting for the hubbers but never even saw 'em. Complaints aside, had a great time!

Songs I can remember:
    Khalbali
    Athiradi
    Kadhal rojave
    Mausam
    Jashn e bahara
    Chandralekha
    Thamizha Thamizha
    ATM BGM
    Uyire Uyire
    Dil Se re
    Style
    Snehidhane
    Aye Bachu
    Ay Hairathe Aashqui
    Kannalane
    Nenjinile
    Shahenshah faded with Rukumani's Oooo Ooo and then followed by Veerabaandi kottaiyile!
    Kabhi Kabhi Aditi
    Taxi Taxi
    Mustafa Mustafa
    Maiya Maiya
    Chaiyya Chaiyya
    Khwaja meri khwaja
    Jai Ho
    Vande Mataram

Guys, please add the ones I've missed
    u missed arabikkadal, moula moula
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    you have written my feelings here... I was one among the crowd walking away by that time.... also one of those 25%...

the crowd came alive when chitra was shown after two hrs time... and she sang only two songs continuosly and disappeared... (
    this is news to me... was NOT aware that she was also part of the crew... which songs she sang?? Kannalane ???
    kannalanae and nenjinilae in telugu i guess
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    forgot to add one thing... there was a group of youngsters in my section who were standing all the time (did NOT get any seat) started shouting for tamizh songs.... "we want tamil song, we want tamil song"...

another guy was literally shouting for "thala tamizh paattu thala"...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone!

The powers that be, vada indhiya aadhikkatha kattuppaduthanum, hopefully in the future

Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    some very good looking girls were dancing standing on top of the "savukku" barricades ........rahman andha ore mana dhidathha paaratti neraya hindhi songs-a pottu tamil makkala kaduppaakkittaaru

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast