Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Malayalam film did you watch recently ?

Senior Member Regular Hubber RATHEESHAJITH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dosa undaakkiya katha" maathrame kaanaan aalollu....
    baaki theatrelonum aalle illa.... waiting for lallettan's pranayam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adaminte Makan Abu is Indias Official Entry for Oscars

CHENNAI: Adaminte Makan Abu, directed by debutant filmmaker Salim Ahamed, has been chosen as India’s official entry to the 84th Academy Awards. The film -- a simple tale of a Muslim couple’s efforts to go on Hajj — was chosen from among 16 Indian films, including six Hindi and five Tamil films, by a 14-member jury of the Film Federation of India.

Making the announcement at a press briefing in the city on Friday, jury chairperson B Lenin said Adaminte Makan Abu scored over other films for being a simple story that clearly explains human values and the life of a person who fights against all odds. It also explains the protagonist’s regret for a mistake he commits and acceptance of living with it.

The film that won four National Awards, including the one for the Best Feature Film, was released in June and was not a box office hit, but a good one, said filmmaker and jury member Ravi Kottarakara.Calling the nature of nominations received this year as lukewarm, ad filmmaker and jury member Prahlad Kakkar observed that though regional films were sometimes found to be better than mainstream ones, some filmmakers seemed to think that their films would not stand up to the international level and did not nominate them.

The other films in the list were Guzaarish, No One Killed Jessica, 7 Khoon Maaf, Chillar Party, Dhobi Ghat and I am Kalam in Hindi, Deiva Thirumagal, Muran, Aadukalam, Ko and Endhiran in Tamil, Moner Manush in Bengali, Urumi in Malayalam, Alla Modalaindi in Telugu and Mala Aai Vhhaychy in Marathi. Of these, Urumi, No One Killed Jessica and Adaminte Makan Abu were in the final shortlist.

Writer A S Prakasham said certain nominated films lost out as they seemed to be inspired by Hollywood films.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bestactor.... good time pass...entertaining for mamooty's performance alone... the movie worked for me for the performance of the actors.. Lal,salim,venu everyone done well..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Esp the scene in which Mammooty comes to join the group. Mammootty's reactions were
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Esp the scene in which Mammooty comes to join the group. Mammootty's reactions were
    chance-ye illa.. infact that whole scene was taken beautifully... everyone rocked...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajavinte Makan.

So, this was the film that catapulted Lal-ettan into stardom eh. I can't remember Makkal En Pakkam, the remake of this movie, but I bet Sathyaraj would have savoured the climax with his long limbs. Very nice movie, with supposedly strong dialogues (my Malaysian Malayalam is corrupted), and you got to see the last scene where lal-Etta goes beserk with his err...what was once used to pass as machine gun.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phantom
    Very ordinary movie, made very special by Mammooty. Lovely performance as ex-stuntman from Hindi cinema to discover some anniyayam's in some quarry village. Very light-hearted Mammookka, especially very funny when he drunkenly mistakes the close-buddy priest to a bishop. Turns serious like after three quarter of the film. Good entertainer with additional bonus for us with Manivannan as the Tamil bad guy who speaks in his own voice with smatterings of Malayalam.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Rajavinte Makan.
    My co-worker used to talk a lot about this movie (as a brilliant indianization of S Sheldon's Rage of Angels)...a couple of years back watched this on the net and one had to agree with that observation. It was a big hit during my initial Palakkadan days but missed watching on big screen...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likewise, New Delhi was a brilliant indianization of I Wallace's Almighty...except for the hopeless BGM (great song composer Shyam but always paridhAbam on BGM)...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indian Rupee seems to be the last good film, anyone watched? Murali Sir?
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast