Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Malayalam film did you watch recently ?

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    March 12, !993 Bombay

I had written about this movie some time back.

The film March 12, 1993 which marks the directorial debut of script writer Babu Janarthanan is ready to go on floors. Here Mam plays a priest by name Sadhananda Bhatt, a character hailing from Kasargode. He who is at Chennai takes up a job at Rajasthan and he travels through Mumbai and get caught in the communal frenzy. Two other people hailing from a different part of Kerala, having come to Mumbai for a job also gets caught in the melee. Three people who are in no way connected to the riots have their life torn apart by what’s happening around them. What happens after forms the crux of the story.

Saw this film. A screenplay which encapsules things happening from the POV of a community who feel that they have been wronged for all misdeeds for no fault of them. To be precise the story traces the lives of two men who get falsely implicated in two major bomb blasts just because they happen to be from that community.

Traveling back and forth in history [the story is set to happen in parts in 1992, 93, 98,2002 & 2007] the film travels from Alleppy to Bombay to Coimbatore to Pochampalli in the outskirts of Hyderabad and captures how one's life can go topsy turvy by just the turn of events. Even as one watches helplessly things unfolding at a frantic pace, you get to empathise with the protagonists.

A new comer Mukund Unni as the youth from Alleppy getting caught in the vertex of terror plot has done his job quite well and shows promise for the future. Mammoootty may not be the king pin of the movie but he carries his role with elan. He shows his mettle in the scene at the Police Station where he is grilled about his past and especially the shot when he is offered a cup of Tea and the way he with trembling hands and lips just sip it makes it poignant.

Debutant director Babu Janardhanan must be congratulated for choosing such a theme for his debut movie and choosing a less traveled path [not forgetting My name is Khan and other offbeat films like Black Friday etc] and kudos for the way the twists have been placed during Interval and climax. His dialogues are never preachy but bring out the pain sharply. One dialogue " Hindus have a country of their own - Nepal, Christians have Rome and Muslims have Saudi. But there is only one country in the world where Hindus, Christians and Muslims live together and that is our India" drew the loudest cheers.

The movie may not set the BO on fire but has been a good attempt and worth a watch.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Traffic

Now I understand why Kamal was so impressed with the script. Highly recommended.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lalettan's look in Blessy's next is revealed....expectations soar! have a look, friends....

http://www.metromatinee.com/movies/i...=3368-Pranayam
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, looking forward to Jayapradha-Lal chemistry. Kher kuda irukkaaru pola..
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    AnupamPkher Anupam Kher
    "Life is more beautiful than dreams if you know how to live." Dialogue from Blessy's PRNAYAM. Shoot of a beautiful film comes to an end.

Expected to be an Onam release!!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its Lal's 300th film as well..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Its Lal's 300th film as well..
    yep...both Ms goin thru troubled times with the raids now

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarna View Post
    here you go
    I don,t understand Malyalam, but I am interested to learn this language, but like to watch action movie in Hindi or English dub.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    liked the violin bit

Pranayam trailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the trailer of Blessy's Pranayam- 'Onnamtharam' , very good. Waiting 2 watch Mohanlal, Anupam Kher & Jayaprada blend their love!

http://twitter.com/#!/sri50

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast