Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Malayalam film did you watch recently ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MOSERBAER released the movie in DVD.
    Vinatha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    MOSERBAER released the movie in DVD.
    Vinatha.
    thank u for the info. have to get it.
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    enjoy enjoy
    vinatha

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best Actor...quite disappointing for me after all the postive buzz i heard about the film. the director sets up things quite neatly in a decent first half, only to botch up things in the second half where some quirky characters and contrived situations rule the roost. The saving grace is a delightful "Swapnam Oru Chaakku..." and Mammootty whose best performance since Kuttysrank manages one to overlook the unrealistic situations that pop up in the first half.
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    வந்தனம்

இருபது வருடங்களுக்கு பிறகு இரண்டாவது முறையாக பார்க்கிறேன். பதினெண் பருவத்தில் பார்த்தபோது இதன் முடிவு கொடுத்த சோகத்தின் தாக்கம் அப்படியே மாறாமல் இன்னமும் அதே அளவு இருந்தது.. சிறு வயதில் நமக்கு பிடித்த நடிகைகளை இப்போது மீண்டும் பார்த்து ரசிக்கும்போது இருக்கும் சுகமே தனிதான். திருடாதே என்ற சொல்லிக்கொண்டே இதயத்தை திருடவிட்ட கிரிஜா இதில் இன்னமும் திருடவிடுகிறார் அவரது குழந்தை தனத்தில், குறும்பில்..

பக்கத்து வீட்டு பெண்ணாக மனதில் பட்டாம் பூச்சிகளை பறக்க விட்டு, வால் நட்சத்திரம் போல வந்து மறைந்து போனவர் கிரிஜா. எங்கே இருக்கிறார் என உலாவியதில் இந்த இணையத்தளம் புருவங்களை உயர்த்தியது. பத்திரிக்கையாளராக இருக்கிறாராம். வாழ்த்துக்கள் !
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    TD DASAN STANDARD VI B - malayalam.
    It is a neat movie without unwarranted emblishments and noises.

Vinatha.
    Good movie indeed and worth watching! great acting by those kids(not sure if they had any acting experience before)...The movie bagged state award as well recently..

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Train

Went to this Jayaraj directed Mammootty movie with least expectations since the reviews that I had read had all been negative and as it often happens you don't feel underwhelmed when yo have less expectations. Not that it is a great movie but definitely worth a watch.

Jayaraj who is responsible for the story and screenplay had taken the artistic liberty of mixing facts with fiction. Narrating the story in the backdrop of serial bomb blasts that took place in local trains in Mumbai way back in 2006, he intertwines some characters into the main plot which helps to raise the tempo.

A track singer whose life ambition is to sing under the music baton of A.R.Rahman, a software engineer who had run away from her parents and is on a suicidal mood getting distracted by a wrong call from the singer, a Muslim woman running from pillar to post to get her father's freedom fighter's monthly pension released so that he can take the Haj pilgrimage, an aged Grandfather, mercilessly dumped in an old age home by his Son and D-I-Law both being Medical professionals, sneaking out of the home to meet his grandson who is celebrating his birthday, all by chance decide to take the local train from different stations like CST, Sion, Dadar, Byculla, Parel etc on that fateful day. On the other side there are 5 terrorists who decide to place IEDs in 7 stations to cause explosion between 6 and 6.11 PM on the same day. In between there is a Senior officer attached to the Special Task force who is on his way to his home by local train and who smells something fishy and there starts a game and you get a different climax, rather an unexpected one.

A great cocktail on paper but on the execution part Jayaraj seems to have missed it. Film covers the 12 hour period from 6 am to 6 pm and the Metro City is captured in Sun and shade, Rain and gloom in all it's glory. Mammootty as Special Task force officer doesn't get much of a screen space but on hindsight you think that even a Suresh Gopi would have been enough and wonder why such a Mega star for this? Jayasuriya as the track singer and lover boy is ok.

Not sure whether any Hindi Films had shown the Mumbai local stations so extensively. The camera simply travels with the train to and fro. One thing that needs to be said is the novelty factor. The way the story is told, I don't think that any Indian film's screenplay would have been narrated in this manner though not aware about this technique having been used in Hollywood films. Don't want to spill the beans on what exactly I mean, since people like Ajay/Anoop might want to catch the movie. But I am equally sure that 8 out of 10 people who watched the movie would not have even noticed that.

Sad that such an attempt is not getting the appreciation due. Only if Jayaraj had been little more enterprising ---

Regards
    Last edited by Murali Srinivas; 3rd June 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Chocolate at last. Why was it not remade in Tamil?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali Anna,

There was a report that Jeyaraj was making a movie with title 'A track with Rahman'. Was it rechristened to 'The Train'?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Ajay. It is the same film. A Track with Rahman was the name that was announced earlier but when the shooting started, the title changed.

Regards

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast