Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Malayalam film did you watch recently ?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by directhit View Post
    yeah... saw Christian brothers - Suresh Gopi was good in his role, not mouthing insane english dialogues and keeping it low. Sarath is so smart in such roles, hope he does a good tamil movie, an investigation office or something ala Kamal's VV.

Lal and Dileep has very little to do - Lal's heroism was a bit jaded, he usually is awesome doing larger than life characters, in this movie he is not even his 50% best. But gotto appreciate the multistarrers whatever be the output.Gotto watch August 15th now - am expecting a worst movie going by reviews
    ya, lalettan looked bored for most of the film. regarding aug 15, from what i've heard and from the snippets that i've seen on tv, u CAN indeed expect the worst!
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubles bombed, huh?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Doubles bombed, huh?
    nothing surprising there AB.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jinju View Post
    regarding aug 15, from what i've heard and from the snippets that i've seen on tv, u CAN indeed expect the worst!
    didnt take that risk, started watching Best Actor and about an hour into the movie, not bad so far
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Post Thanks / Like
    didnt take that risk, started watching Best Actor and about an hour into the movie, not bad so far
    nalla padamnu kelvippatten. original dvd hasn't been released yet...waiting waiting!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lovely song from City of God

Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Post Thanks / Like
    recently youtubed and watched again... Lal rocks as usual in such roles PR, anga inga dialogue miss pannirundheenganaa refer pannikunga - this one is with english subs - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C4E802703D26B6

Brilliant film.
    Highly cud-chewable.

The second time they meet, Clara says she was thinking about how to react if Jayachandran brings up the question of marriage. She says that in 'passive voice'. i.e. 'had the question been raised' (not: had Jayachandran raised the qn).

He counters it with: what if the question had been raised (i.e. what would have been your speculation).
    And her response is : the question has not been raised. Has it?

I found that fantastic. There is just no simulating life. No predicting, expecting how people would react, deciding accordingly. Things just happen like rain and you have to bloody go with it. It's not like you have a choice.
    You can think as much as you like about how you would react to situations when they crop up. But will you indeed react that way? Can you be sure about that?
    If values, beliefs are all supposed to be based on 'how one reacts to situations', then how can one think 'I am like this only' in such a fundamentally uncertain world.
    So, later when she says let us not part saying 'we will never meet again', it just strikes as perfectly in line with her wide view of the world.

Perhaps it is the way the language is. But the choice of expression: 'the question has not been raised, has it?' as opposed to 'you have not raised the question again now, have you?' is just brillliant.

Why didn't he ask the question? Because she has 'changed' since we last met him? That's a what a girl like Clara, is well within her rights to think of a man. But then we know that kind of thing won't stop him and we also know Clara isn't someone who would think of Jayachandran to be such a person (what masterly writing for audience to be sure they 'know' a character they've only seen in a handful of scene). So she is not being hurtful, at the max. only playful with him.

Then she goes on to say how it is only the lucky girls who give and receive first love. She is not being self-deprecatory or being falsely soft towards Radha. Her observations are all sincerety. And a quasi-maternal concern for a 'simple girl' is unmissable.

You have to sit back and see how WTF the reactions of Radha to Jayachandran's revelations are. But it is not. And it is shone to be highly- pardon the word- believable and heartwarming.

I am guessing: monE, thadi condractorE nee yaaraa(m)? would be a cult dialogue in Kerala.

Perhaps it is quite chauvinistic in its 'I am a man of many parts and would appreciate someone who can understand that'. I liked it all the same.
    Beautiful.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_R,
    What's your take on the "now-Mrs Ambarish"?
    (Exclude the few seconds in the tribal outfit but the overall 'alatchiyam' thingy)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TD DASAN STANDARD VI B - malayalam.
    It is a neat movie without unwarranted emblishments and noises.

a school boy lives in a village near Palakkad writes a letter to his dad, who left him & his mom.
    The letter reaches to the B'lore address but the house has new residents now.
    The residents are urban folks.
    Resident's daughter started to reply to the rural boy for his letters as his father meanwhile her father, ad film maker thinks the boy's situation a good film material. Meanwhile, the girl's mama found out about the girl's letter activities. Boy's mom too found the letters and whacked the kid.
    What happens next?
    Watch the charming, poetic movie.

All the characters are very well carved, they have delivered naturally.
    Loved the youngsters including the bully boy, wonderful.
    nice cinematography.
    emotional and feel good at the end.

folk composition is sweet, enjoyed the picturisation.

Venchaamarakkaate sancharipoonkatte.......

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 28th April 2011 at 08:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    TD DASAN STANDARD VI B - malayalam.
    It is a neat movie without unwarranted emblishments and noises.

a school boy lives in a village near Palakkad writes a letter to his dad, who left him & his mom.
    The letter reaches to the B'lore address but the house has new residents now.
    The residents are urban folks.
    Resident's daughter started to reply to the rural boy for his letters as his father meanwhile her father, ad film maker thinks the boy's situation a good film material. Meanwhile, the girl's mama found out about the girl's letter activities. Boy's mom too found the letters and whacked the kid.
    What happens next?
    Watch the charming, poetic movie.

All the characters are very well carved, they have delivered naturally.
    Loved the youngsters including the bully boy, wonderful.
    nice cinematography.
    emotional and feel good at the end.

folk composition is sweet, enjoyed the picturisation.

Venchaamarakkaate sancharipoonkatte.......

Vinatha.
    best movie of 2010 in malayalam cinema by a gargantuan mile...a throwback to the golden era of malayalam films. wonder where u got to watch it, coz it was chucked out from theaters in less than 2 weeks!

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast