Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Malayalam film did you watch recently ?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    Anoop,

You had updated only about Lal movies.

The film March 12, 1993 which marks the directorial debut of script writer Babu Janarthanan is ready to go on floors. Here Mam plays a priest by name Sadhananda Bhatt, a character hailing from Kasargode. He who is at Chennai takes up a job at Rajasthan and he travels through Mumbai and get caught in the communal frenzy. Two other people hailing from a different part of Kerala, having come to Mumbai for a job also gets caught in the melee. Three people who are in no way connected to the riots have their life torn apart by what’s happening around them. What happens after forms the crux of the story.

Regards
    anoop illa, naan dhaan update pannen...we'l reach an agreement btwn us. naan lal projects update panren, u do mam's, wat say?

this project excites me the most amongst ikka's 2011 films...babu janardhanan has done some good work as a writer...looking fwd to his directorial debut. the one liner sounds promising.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by directhit View Post
    Just now finished watching TRAFFIC - WOW what a movie, one of the best (if not THE BEST) movies i've seen in recent times.... a mix of Amores Perros and the real life incident which happened in Chennai - WONDERFUL WONDERFUL Movie
    one of the best that commercial malayalam cinema has seen in years! believe it's going to be remade in hindi with naseeruddin shah, maddy, n arjun rampal.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jinju,

Sorry. Seeing yours and Anoop's posts one after another made me to err.

Just thought about you a few days back. Neighbour's wife had given birth to a child and we went to the hospital to see the baby. The new born was crying while lying in the cradle and the moment the mother took him in her lap, he fell silent. My mind immediately raced to Rajiv who would peek through the window to look at his new born child and when questioned by the chief matron Sukumari, he asks why the child is always clinging to the mother's lap, she replies that the new born feels safe and secure in the lap of it's mother where it almost gets the safe feeling of being inside the womb. After a pause, Rajiv [who never had the feel of his mother] with his eyes still focussed on the child asks sofly "gnaanum inganethanayaanthirkkum alle" and you get to see his face!

A vignette etched in memory! Lal in Dasaratham was outstanding! On the way back was commenting about the same to my wife and told her that we talked about the same in the forum earlier.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone help me find this malayalam movie called Oppol?
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the youtube version of OPPOL:

Post Thanks / Like
    Kandahaar: What a waste of talent and resources!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    Jinju,

Sorry. Seeing yours and Anoop's posts one after another made me to err.

Just thought about you a few days back. Neighbour's wife had given birth to a child and we went to the hospital to see the baby. The new born was crying while lying in the cradle and the moment the mother took him in her lap, he fell silent. My mind immediately raced to Rajiv who would peek through the window to look at his new born child and when questioned by the chief matron Sukumari, he asks why the child is always clinging to the mother's lap, she replies that the new born feels safe and secure in the lap of it's mother where it almost gets the safe feeling of being inside the womb. After a pause, Rajiv [who never had the feel of his mother] with his eyes still focussed on the child asks sofly "gnaanum inganethanayaanthirkkum alle" and you get to see his face!

A vignette etched in memory! Lal in Dasaratham was outstanding! On the way back was commenting about the same to my wife and told her that we talked about the same in the forum earlier.

Regards
    thanks for sharing MS...so many touching dialogues from Lohi there. 'Annie swantham kunjine snehikkunnathu pole Maggiekku enne snehichukoode' by Lal to Sukumari in the climax still brings tears!

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear jinju,

For you with love.

Chritian Brothers [realesing on 18th March?]

http://www.indiancinemagallery.com/Gallery2/d/445401-

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos...-w1uwtI2EO.jpg

China Town

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos...H2lRKMtJ64.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4759876_n.jpg

Casanova

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2184778_n.jpg

http://malayalammovieworld.com/galle...va_golf_01.jpg

Pranayam

http://i54.tinypic.com/2cp84ma.jpg

[Sorry, Lal's stills have not come out]

You know one thing? Priyadharsan is making a film in Malyalam again with Lal in the lead. Initially it was titled Arabiyum Ottakavum,P.Madhavan nairum with Mukesh playing an important role and the entire shooting is at Abu Dhabi. Now it seems that the tiltle may change to Attaraum Madhavan Nairum. [Here Attar is perfume].

http://i56.tinypic.com/16bavsw.jpg

Regards

Anoop, blow up please.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks a lot for the pics MS, appreciate that! i believe Lal's 80 year old look in Pranayam will not be revealed now, that's why only Jaya's and Anupam Kher's and others' pics are out. and Priyadarsan, well, let's talk after the film comes out!

i watched Christian Brothers fdfs yesterday. it's making waves on the collection front and may end up as one of the biggest ever, but except for a smartly dressed up and dapper Supreme Star in a delightful cameo and a couple of hummable numbers from Deepak Dev (picturized and placed poorly), i found nothing interesting. This is more the nonsensical Pokkiriraja than the delightful commercial masala that 20-20 was. I believe this was one of the skeletons written initially for 20-20 by Siby-Uday, no wonder it got rejected!

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jinju,

I saw CB today evening and exactly my thoughts. Sarath got a big response from the crowd. Dileep raised a few laughters but overall felt disappointed. Failed to understand why Lal keeps on faltering with the scripts.

Regards

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast