Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Malayalam film did you watch recently ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is

வீரமணி
    எங்கள் வீரமணி
    ஊர் முழுதும்
    உந்தன் வெற்றிமணி

Superhero range-la varappArthAr. Just miss aayiruchu.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay, yes you are right. August 1 was directed by Sibi Malayil.

Anoop,

It is King & the Commisioner. It would have been great if Suresh Gopi had been in the scheme of things. Unfortunately he is not and Prithivi is going to don the role of Bharath Chandan. So, Thevalliparambil Joesph Alex would have a cake walk. Here after a long time, in fact to be precise exactly after 15 years, the fire brand duo of Shaji Kailas & Ranji Panicker come together again for this [if my memory serves me right, today 11th November 1995 was the release date of The King].

A sequel is planned for Madhilugal. Titled Madhilugalukkuppuram, the story starts where Madhilugal ended. How will their life change if Basheer meets Karthiyani after they get released from the prison? To be directed by a debutant, Mammookka on hearing the one line of the story was excited about the knot and said ok it seems.

Thilak, though I do understand your view point on this, still this would be an interesting proposition.

Mammookka's diary is full till 2012. He has so many projects lined up. Still he has a clear policy. 5 films in a year, 2 for mass audience, 2 as per his taste [read class/off beat] and one for commitment.

That's why on the one hand, while he is doing a commercial entertainer like August 15th, on the other he is giving dates to writer Babu Janardhanan for his directorial venture which is going to be a serious film that would deal with the incidents that took place on March 12th of 1993 in Bombay when the city was rocked by serial bomb blasts and how it upturned the lives of so many people.

There are many interesting projects in the pipeline, the details of which coukd be known shortly. No sequel to twenty-20 is planned but there is one hot news. Both Ms are coming together again. Titled Arakkallan - Mukkaakallan, the film would be produced by Mammootty's Play House and this would mark the directorial debut of Sibi- Udayan team, the writer duo, who wrote twenty -20.

Regards

Ajay/Anoop,

Did you notice how age sits lightly on Mammookka? For me the most handsome hero of Indian Cinema for the past so many years.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Murali sir. Don't know how I missed the post. Only read it today.

It's not the spirit of the script sense that I have a problem with. I think Mammootty is the example that my personal favorites, Kamal and Mohanlal, should look up to. How he had shaped his career. Even if I find him less talented than both (IMHO), he made the most out of his later career than other Indian superstars.

But what makes Mathilukal for me is Muhammad Basheer & Adoor. Basheer's life experience made the film what it is. Adoor didn't collaborate one-to-one while adapting Basheer's book. But he read works of Basheer extensively. And didn't adapt the decidedly better works of the writer (for he didn't feel it'd be favorable adapting into visual form), but something challenging enough, and slightly autobiographical to make something worth being adapted into film. And there is a lot of care with which Adoor renders the film. For want of sleep, I'd have to hit the bed, but will surely dwell on this later.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched as long as i could a movie entitled "Amarnath" with Mammooty on tv...was it orig. a Malayalam movie that was dubbed?

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q,

It is a dubbed film , the original being Godman, a movie directed by K.Madhu that came out in 1999. [You are talking about a movie where Mammootty comes as a Police Inspector and the story is a one which deals with communal tensions that get staged in fishermens' dwelling place, right?]. It was more of a masala variety.

Thilak, understood. Hope you dwell more on this.

Regards

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Q,

It is a dubbed film , the original being Godman, a movie directed by K.Madhu that came out in 1999. [You are talking about a movie where Mammootty comes as a Police Inspector and the story is a one which deals with communal tensions that get staged in fishermens' dwelling place, right?]. It was more of a masala variety.
    Yes and thank you
    Actually there wasn't a single song...not that I'm complaining.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bharatham: A+
    Carnatic scenes made me wonder why KB could not put the same effort into realism in SB.
    Third act was perhaps a tad overlong, but otherwise, excellent.
    www.GoodTamilFilms.com - Reviews, articles, etc.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali Anna,

B4 getting to read abt Mammookka in wikipedia, i thought Lal was older than Mammookka.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Ajay! If you go by sheer looks anybody not familiar with Malayalam film world would only think so. Mammookka is 1953, Sep 7th while Lal is 1960, May 21st(?). But when it comes to appearence, he looks so young. That is how he mantains.

Regards

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drona 2010 in Asianet.

Shaji Kailas is indeed a lucky man. even after delivering high profile dud after dud, he keeps getting the dates of the Ms for his next, and promptly dishes out one disaster after another with alarming consistency. can't really remember when he last directed a good successful film, though here the blame is entirely not his. he has mostly done away with his on-your-face close-up shots of the fingers, chappals, moustache, and what not of the lead actor before/during a fight scene and the don max "whoosh whoosh" editing sound that accompanies almost every film of his, but the main culprit is the script or the lack of it by Mr. A.K. Sajan. mammootty as pattaazhi madhavan is the sole saving grace of the film. the other role is just there to tap his good-looking/star side. the usually reliable Manoj K Jayan's attempts at an Anniyan in the climax scene are as laughable as the whole film. no wonder the movie was one of the biggest disasters of this year.

and going by Muraliji's above post, it's the same team Aroma-Shaji teaming up with Mammootty for August 15, only change being the yesteryear lion sn swami who has lost his scriptwriting marbles long back. think it'l just have to back on mammootty's charisma to carry it off. btb, what happened to shaji's much hyped prithvi-in-triple role project 'raghupati raghava rajaram' that was supposed to be completed almost 70-80%. heard that the producer was threatening to take shaji to court or something? muraliji, any idea what happened to that film?
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast