Page 54 of 150 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 2

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, naan nalla iruken... mushroom try pannunga...very quick & easy recipe...

Masala chapathi should be dry... but not vara vara...hmmm... something like chilly parotta... tht's y I have mentioned in the recipe not to let the tomatoes dry out...

Selvi, glad u all liked it... I make veggie chapathis out of the leftover chapathis... very simple... grate carrots, cabbage, finely chop beans,capsicum... thinly slice onions... chop some tomatoes...

heat oil... add some jeera(optional)...then the onions-fry till translucent... then goes in chilly pwd & garam masala pwd...at last add the vegs, tomatoes ^ salt... saute well till the veggies r done but still retain some crunch...don't add any water... aprom, add in chapathis cut into small squares or thin strips... mix well... serve with boondhi raita or plain curds or as such... this is a good lunchbox item too... the more he veggies, the better it tastes... this again is a dry dish...

note: if the chapaths r too dry, u can sprinkle lil water towards the end...

For masala chapathis, if u have leftover kurma, u can add a lil of it & it'll taste diff and nice...

Also, u can add scrambled eggs to the masala chapathis...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Selviem
    dev,
    i made masala chapathi for today breakfast, it came out nicely. kids enjoyed and gave comments like this, amma this is indo-chinese roti.
    i made it dry. how the actual consistency will be? after suvai's doubt i also want to ask this.
    thanks
    selvi
    the kids r right... it's a fusion food... actually it was an attempt to recreate chilly parotta but in a healthier fashion and it clicked... but I liked it when I used naatu thakkalai only... the apple thakkalai or bangalore thakkalai version was ok but not tongue tickling...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

White Rice Flakes

aarthi,
    red rice flakes is good for health. even u can make in white rice flakes, but donot use the thin variety. use the thicker variety.
    selvi
    Ok done slevika.Will try it with the thin ones and will tell u abt the outcome.Thank u slevika.
    Thanks
    Aarthii
    First say to yourself what you would be;
    and then do what you have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kugan's Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by kugan98
    Thanks, thanks Aarthii, all your comments and feed backs are so motivating for Selviem and me.
    as u said kugan, aarthi's feedback is motivating me.

selvi
    Thats so sweet of u both kuaganka & slevika.

Thanks for stating like that.Actually the fact is, by ur amazing cooking methods u both are motivating me to do wondeful cooking and giving me a chance of getting applaudes frm my hubby.I have to thank u and this thread a lot.It has played a major role in my cooking.
    Once agian thanks a lot.
    Thanks
    Aarthii

Post Thanks / Like

Masala tea

kuganka,Thanks for the Masala tea recipe.Tea is my husband's Favourite.

I dont like tea.

But I used to make for him without any interest,since i dont know the secrets of making a good tea properly. Here after am going to make as per ur way.Thank u kuganka
    Thanks
    Aarthii

Post Thanks / Like

Cracked wheat Upma

kuganka,tried the cracked wheat upma recipe.It came out very well.My lil prince had it fully .

Enna paduthama,avan sapittathu nethu thaan.Illati kuganka believe me,i have to run behind him in order to make him finish the plate.

But yesterday, venum venumnu kettu sapittan.Am very happy abt it.

We had it along with tomoato thokku.Wow,such a nice combination.its superb.
    Thanks
    Aarthii

Post Thanks / Like

Yes suvaika

Quote Originally Posted by suvai
    aarthi.....happy that u r trying out all new recipes & soon u will become more than an expert....becoz all the recipes on here are tried /tested & approved by some of the best food critics (veetila irukaravanga thaan) so enjoy!
    Yes suvaika,kandipa athula santhegama illa.Epdiyum intha thread enna expert aakama vidathu.

Koodava en husbandum,nanum nalla taste-anatha sapittu sapittu oru round koodava weight poda porom.
    Thanks
    Aarthii

Post Thanks / Like
    dev,
    thanks for the another of receipe of masala veg chappathi, i will this one too. my kids chilli parotta very much. but it is not healthy too. so i can make them satisfy by doing this. always some chappathi will be left after lunch, so i can make masala chapathi for dinner.
    With out tension, i made it for breakfast. kids happily ate it, they too told to keep it for lunch box.
    thanks for ur new innovation. if u have any fusion cooking receipe that we can pack for kids box, please post some.
    thanks dev.
    selvi

Post Thanks / Like
    Aarthi,
    u use thicker variety of rice flakes. i never tried in thinner one.

selvi

Post Thanks / Like
    Aarthi,

u will not become fat, just control SOS in ur family. That Salt,Oil and Sugar. That is enough.

selvi