Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-Indian film did you watch recently

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, they don't define content. But we were talking about "genre" athan appadi onnaa seerthen.

I still have not seen Kundun and not intending to. Aviator was good and could have been great if the lead performances was better. I still cannot jeeraniku-fy De Caprio/Scorcese partnership. Nesstu Shutter Island varuthu, might see it if only for the reason that my fiance is nuts about the pretty boy.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Yeah, they don't define content. But we were talking about "genre" athan appadi onnaa seerthen.

I still have not seen Kundun and not intending to. Aviator was good and could have been great if the lead performances was better. I still cannot jeeraniku-fy De Caprio/Scorcese partnership. Nesstu Shutter Island varuthu, might see it if only for the reason that my fiance is nuts about the pretty boy.
    interesting...the visuals and music in trailor will pull anyone.

movie was good too...especially the first 30-45 minutes
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Aviator quite reluctantly because it starred DiCaprio. But ended up feeling he was the best part of the movie.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing out the Dead is the kind of movie one (I mean I) wouldn't watch again. But the 'atmosphere sinking in' and all happened very well in the film. It had a bunch of good looking scenes that are stuck in my memory.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched "The Changeling"

Ooooooh boy is it unsettling....the misuse of authority is just as frightening as the crimes committed.

Though I cannot help but wonder how it would have been if they had included Norcott's mother in the movie...especially since she did in reality play a part in the whole macabre tragedy. [*spoiler alert]It was also quite creepy how the real killer and the actor who portrayed him seemed very similar...it was like seeing the spot-on similarities between Capote and Philip Seymour Hoffman. [end*]Angelina played her part well, but so did the man portraying the captain and the detective as well as the spunky little Hutchins boy. I guess it was just me but Malkovich did seem to give out a sinister vibe even though he was playing the crusader.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho,

I only listed his "recent films", it's been a decade or so since he ventured into Gangster films, yet he is conveniently bracketed. Based on true story, biopic, etc-lam velaikku agaadhu. He has transgressed different genres (not 'all' as I put it in reflex, I'll give you that much), and has redefined himself time and again.

The man is born to make gangster films. Original, raw, intense and disturbingly violent, there has never been a director like him before in the US. Like it or not
    I like it. But his best films are Raging bull, and Taxi Driver.

the cute After Hours
    It's anything but cute I say. I liked it, and I also loved the dark comedy, "King of Comedy". "Last temptation" is resoundingly decent.

Spielberg has definitely shown versatility, yes. In the process of being called overrated over the years, is well and truly underrated.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who Spielberg ?
    What was his last ? Munich, right ?

I was quite annoyed with Munich. It had potential to be a really good film with many great sequences(the double booking of the safe house - was almost Coenian) but he messed it up by diluting and concocting convenient conversations etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of "After Hours", I watched Stephen Frears-Day-Lewis film "My beautiful Laundrette". DDL could do no wrong. I'll have to watch more films of Hanif Kureishi, but this film was bloody impressive for its low production values. The protagonist isn't impressive (partly due to the actor perhaps!), but overall it's a worthy watch for some insight into the Asian & Whites community of 80's London.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Who Spielberg ?

I was quite annoyed with Munich. It had potential to be a really good film with many great sequences(the double booking of the safe house - was almost Coenian) but he messed it up by diluting and concocting convenient conversations etc.
    Munich had many impressive sequences, but as you say there are tiring parts. The Brooklyn sequences overstepped it, and the transition between orgasm & killings was hilarious. I liked the film overall.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Who Spielberg ?
    Indy IV. Which I liked :P
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast