Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football - Favorite assists/passes (Playmaking/creativity)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Football - Favorite assists/passes (Playmaking/creativity)

If you happened to watch a game and find the best assists/passes that may or may not lead to a goal, please post it here. With a video link.

It could also be made possible to post video links of some analysis of such playmaking/creative plays from footballers.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    From last decade:

Bergkamp to Ljuenberg vs juventus - ball retention through various flicks, turns - awesome ball control basically - getting Montero, Tacchinardi , Thuram to him. Then like a celestial conman, decoys them with a release to Ljuenberg. Telepathic and perfect - the mere timing of it. Execution at that pace and level.

Bergkamp to Vieira vs Everton? (again the timing and weight of the pass is exemplary. the pass is played just so perfectly that GK can't get to it but the intended recipient can. Pure Bergkamp.)

Bergkamp to Vieira vs chelsea. Off-the-ball run by Pires creates a space. Bergkamp puts a ball outside the boot to Vieira's run - again the beauty of it matches its perfection - Vieira doesn't need a touch to finish it past the GK. Not just weight of the pass, but the trajectory of the ball turning inwards to his run. Very difficult to pull that off. Even Makelele couldn't do anything about it!

Pires to Vieira vs Liverpool. Mostly for the diamond move between Vieira, Henry, Pires and back again Vieira.

Zidane does a similar assist to Bergy vs Juve, against Bayern 01/02. I will post a link shortly.

Kaka to Crespo - vs Liverpool 05 CL final. No words to describe it. Simply put, a majestic pass. Perfectly weighed.

Ronaldinho to Giuly vs AC Milan 06 - what a pass from the magician! that's what you call "vision". Then Dinho to Xavi 2003 El Classico. Another

Rivaldo assist against Depo '02. His pass to Serginho for AC vs Inter in San Siro derby!

Redondo's backheel cum assist to Raul against Utd OT.

Zidane to Portillo vs Valencia. Dribbling with skill and setting up for another player.

One of Guti's magical through balls.. But his best had to be the backheel to Zizou vs Sevilla.

Totti to Perotta vs Parma. totti to Cassano vs Perugia. Backheel I think. totti to Vieiri vs Finland. There many Totti assists I like.

Pirlo's assist to Grosso in 2006 World cup.

Riquelme's assist for Boca vs Madrid. his assist to Messi in Copa America.

Del Piero bicycle cross to Trez vs Milan.

Walcott to Adebayor vs Liverpool. Such pace and determination!

Fabregas to Guiza Vs Russia Euro 2008. Exquisite chip.

Scholes to Rooney vs Milan 07.

Veron for Man utd against depo 01, another to Giggs against Olympiakos, Veron to Salas against Utd, Super cup and again to Salas vs Udinese. oh the good old days. Veron to Forlan vs chelsea! Veron was such a magical player. Pity he couldn't sustain in a physical league.

Valeron vs Bayern for Depo. Makaay, Pandiani on end of it, I think.

Rui Costa to Sheva against Madrid.

Recoba's assist to Vieiri against Lazio.

Rooney to Ruud vs charlton, Rooney to Ronaldo against WBA? I'm not sure, it was 05-06 when he got past many players.

Henry's overhead assist to Ljunberg vs WBA.

---------------

Links to follow after I get home. Websense blockage.

Post Thanks / Like
    90's:

I will list the playmakers first:

- De La pena's assist to Ronaldo in that single Barca season. I think they combined for a record number of times.

- Laudrup to Romario/Stoichkov for Barca. Laudrup to Zamora/Raul for Madrid. Laudrup is the most underrated football legend EVER.

- Baggio's assists for a full decade of club and international level. There are loads here.

- Redondo's deep lying CM playmaking.

----------------

videos will follow shortly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bergkamp to Ljungberg vs Juve:

Another angle :

A correction, Thuram wasn't one of the three stuck to Bergy's footwork, but another player. but neither thuram nor Buffon could read Ljunberg's run or Bergy's pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    For Iceman's to Vieira vs Everton:

In this link. there are other juicy assists by DB10 too.

Post Thanks / Like

Chelsea goal after 1:55. Another assist to Henry in Liverpool 4-2 game is also brilliant. The final assist to Vieira at end of the video is again geometrically perfect. Any less, it wouldn't reach Vieira. Any more, it would have been cleared by GK.

When I compiled this, I hadn't got hold of his quality passes without a finish/goal at end of it. So, what I did was only get the ones with goals at end of it. Notice how perfectly weighed his assists were, that the recipient doesn't need to control or another touch to get a passage to goal. Bergkamp places it such a way. He does it in a fraction of a second.

Think Henry said, I have always said Dennis Bergkamp will remain the best partner I have ever had. He is a dream for a striker. To hear this from a man who played with Zidane, Djorkaeff, Del Piero, etc truly means a thing or two.

No surprise to me Henry and Vieira even lifted him onto their shoulders in his farewell testimonial:

It was also nice to see awesome trio of Cruyff, Van Basten and Bergkamp together.

We still and will always miss you Bergy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zidane to Portillo vs Valencia. Dribble and make 'em look stupid,

Guti to Zidane vs Sevilla. Backheel. Absolute magic!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Videos KG! especially cant forget Zidane vs valencia .. that was so special . Loved the bergkemp video.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redondo vs Manchester united

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sid. It is pure ecstasy

Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove
    Veron for Man utd against depo 01, another to Giggs against Olympiakos, Veron to Salas against Utd, Super cup and again to Salas vs Udinese. oh the good old days. Veron to Forlan vs chelsea! Veron was such a magical player. Pity he couldn't sustain in a physical league.

Veron's magical passes could be found here. He was magical against Depo

Veron was at his best for Lazio under Sven. For United, he somehow couldn't impress the management and fans despite manufacturing moments of magic in games. He couldn't do the all-round CM job in a very physical league.

Actually, Veron didn't make that pass for Lazio to Salas in Super cup. It was a left back cum support striker move to Salas. It's 99 anyway.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast