Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Companion Like No Other

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber AudazJay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A Companion Like No Other

This is my first attempt at writing a story. To tell the truth, I have never even taken the attempt to write diaries. Continuous writing has the tendency to make me feel exhausted, you see.

But, for some reasons, I feel the need to share this story with you guys. As this is my first attempt at writing, I would deeply appreciate if you could give me your valuable criticisms
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    -1-

It was a lovely day. The sky was wonderfully clear, as clear as my whole day; there were not many cases to be looked into today, which was a pleasant surprise for me. The past one month has been really hectic for me. I’ve been hogged down with work loads, attending courts, meeting clients, etc that I hardly had five minutes to spare for my lunch, let alone spending time with Chitra and the kids.

Chitra….I don’t know what I’ll do without her. She’s been my pillar of strength for as long as I know. She left a lucrative career to look after our home and kids. I know she misses her old job but she hardly shows or talks about it. Instead, she kept saying that she’s more content being the home-maker that she is. Well, I won’t lie…I’m thankful for her decision. If anything, the feeling of coming back home to your wife and kids after a hard day’s work is just…priceless.

Except, that I’m hardly back home, am I not? Most of the time, I’m only back home long after Divi and Rishi are fast asleep. In fact, the only reason why I find Chitra awake at those odd hours is because those were the only time she gets to watch Desperate Housewives and Lipstick Jungle; her favourite soap-operas, which thankfully comes in the form of DVDs now.

But today…today’s going to be different. It’s only 5 in the evening and I’m already heading back home. Maybe I’ll take them out for a wonderful dinner tonight…maybe we could catch a movie later on. Whatever the plan is, I was just excited to be home to my wife and kids.

What did I say? It was a lovely day…

…or so I thought.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    plz continue jay, sure sounds interesting.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    You've replied within 3 minutes?

I feel so humbled, thanks

I'll definitely continue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it audazay
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks It's just a small attempt from my part. Do tell me your opinion when I post the rest of the story.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hellow.......
    Come back strong.. Come back soon..

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by AudazJay
    Except, that I’m hardly back home, am I not? Most of the time, I’m only back home long after Divi and Rishi are fast asleep. In fact, the only reason why I find Chitra awake at those odd hours is because those were the only time she gets to watch Desperate Housewives and Lipstick Jungle; her favourite soap-operas, which thankfully comes in the form of DVDs now.

Btw, You dari mana???

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AudazJay, I like your tagline very much: its meaning is profound and not realised by many!
    About your story: Intensely likeable family theme! Your narrative skills are awesome! Not a beginner, you are a veteran story-teller!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast