Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1497

Thread: Ilaiyaraaja's Athiradi Albums Version 2009

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App_engine, interesting review. I was expecting Panicker to review this movie. I was checking past few days, but he didnt. Today I didnt check and he seems to have gone and reviewed it
    Firstly, Panicker must be of app_engine vintage . I mean, college student in early-mid 80's. Here's the clincher - in Chennai! So, no surprise on his IR praise

Coming to his review, interestingly, he raises the very points I mentioned in my brief notes in HUB
    * Actors playing britishers not competent
    * English conversations poorly written
    * Usual Freedom fight movie cliches are there - though like me, he observed that that wasnt a problem by itself
    * Action scenes - some of them - the ones that channel tamil superstar fights are poor
    * Mammootty doesnt have much of a role to challenge his capability
    * It is a simple movie documenting events than a detailed character study or nuanced script
    * One of the comments touches upon lack of native Keralan instruments in the BGM

Yet, while I enjoyed the movie thoroughly as it is, he seems to have been disappointed
    Counterpoints to his problems:
    * Mammotty hasnt been challenged with fiery dialogues so it is not a good movie - basically, that presumes that because Mammootty is there, and he can do it, the movie must go the way of rabble rousing, fiery speeches. I didnt have a problem with the low-key depiction of Mammotty's efforts to stitch together a motley army. It keeps with the guerilla methods that Pazhassi, apparently, adopted. But Panicker seems to have expected conventional war mongering speech from this King - and that purely because MT and Mammootty were involved. So, this is a case of confused expectations
    * It is not Oru Vadakkan Veera Gadha. Ofcourse, it isnt. It is Pazhassi Raja. He seems to be expecting something else froma movie which simply doesnt aspire to be an intricate character study
    * The English actors are poor, but not so bad as to detract from the experience of the movie. This is subjective, though, and one can grant it to him
    * Mamu Koya, Lalu Alex wasted. Well, why not?
    * Mammotty's speeches drowned by IR's song - again why not? Vaanam pozhigiradhu was one approach. Why not have a movie where IR's music conveys the freedom spirit?

Interestingly, he also touches upon Sarath Kumar being outstanding. If Prabhu Ram and Honestraj are reading this, :itoldyouso:. Sarathar really has gone and delivered a knockout performance.

Other than the final impact the movie had on him, most of his observations tally with mine. It is interesting that with so much agreement upon the content, the impact we carried was so different

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted-

Post Thanks / Like
    http://kiruthikan.blogspot.com/2009/10/18-24-2009.html

இளையராஜாவின் பழசிராஜா பாடல்கள் தமிழிலும் வெளிவந்திருக்கிறன. இதுவரை கேட்காத இசை என்று சொல்லாவிட்டாலும் பெரும்பாலான படங்களில் குத்துப்பாடல்களும், R&B ஐ மையமாக வைத்து உருவாக்கப்படும் பாடல்களுமாகப் போய்க்கொண்டிருக்கும் நிலையில் இளையராஜாவின் ஆண்டாண்டு காலமாகக் கேட்டுவரும் இசை இன்னும் அலுத்துப்போகாமல் இருப்பது அதிசயமே. அதிலும் ‘ஆதிமுதல் காலம்' என்கிற பாடல் ஜேசுதாஸ் குரலில் மயக்குகிறது. 'அம்பும் கொம்பும்' என்ற ஒரு பாடல் (மலை ஜாதிப்பாடல் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்) வித்தியாசமாக இருக்கிறது. இதுவரை காணாத இசை என்றெல்லாம் புகழமுடியாது, ஆனால் ராஜா இன்னும் சோடை போகவில்லை என்றுமட்டும் சொல்லலாம்.
    I thought somebody posted here that KJY is not there in the Thamizh version. This blogger reviews otherwise. Can some hubber who "listened" to the Thamizh version clarify?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    இதுவரை காணாத இசை என்றெல்லாம் புகழமுடியாது,

There was definitely music like this even 10 years ago or even 2-3 years ago.. they were Guru and TIS. The only strange coincidence is that they have been composed by .. oh the same guy !

Room pottu yosipaangalo !! ( JaiGanes Style )

Cheers
    MSK

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    I thought somebody posted here that KJY is not there in the Thamizh version. This blogger reviews otherwise. Can some hubber who "listened" to the Thamizh version clarify?
    There is no KJY in tamil - Madhu Balakrishnan's voice intha blogger-ai yemathiduchchu ))))

NagaS
    NagaS

My Blog (Tamil): http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSK,

Yup. There are many such people who do book a room to think But in case of Pazhassiraja, where is the room to think? It is outstanding in every aspect. After listening to lot of 'ding chack' meesic people have become 'experts' and you can find their commentary everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, the yardstick is idhu varai kANAdha isai?

Recent years-la, which which album-lAM "idhu varai kANAdha isai"-yAm?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    So, the yardstick is idhu varai kANAdha isai?

Recent years-la, which which album-lAM "idhu varai kANAdha isai"-yAm?
    ellaam thirudi thirudi velilendhu sutta music. inge irukka karuvaapayangalukku enge theriyapovudhu.
    recentaa I was in Rotterdam and had dinner in an iranian restaurant where they played some music - HArris Jeyaraaj utpada pala pinnaveenathuva isai medhaigaL pugazh velichathukku vandhudhu.
    Eppoda pottan indha musicainnen - kadaikaaran 15 varushathukku munnaame idhu popularnaan, Naan rightu vidunnu kelambi vandhutten (kaasu kuduthuttu dhaan)..

coming back to reviewers expecting 'idhu varai kaanadha isai' kaetta mattum purinjudumaakkum'...
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai,

I have had the same feeling sometimes in India and sometimes abroad and it is not only related to Harris. harriku mun naveenathvaraga kardudapadum medhaigalin pugazh velichathuku vandadu. melum melum melnatu isai ketaka vandhukondirukiradhu!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    There are many such people who do book a room to think
    (i mean its even funnier to read this in English)
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"