Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Former Lead Actor Should Have Had A Better Career?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Former Lead Actor Should Have Had A Better Career?

An idea came to me when I saw this post of HR's in his beloved Captain's thread. Plus it has been quiet lately and I am bored.

Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj
    VIJAYAKANTH is the NO. 3 after RAJINI & KAMAL

If anyone disagrees with the above statement & want to say that there is ______ , which I haven't considered, then they can come with valid examples about their favourite.

Also, they can give the reason, at present, what made them to stop acting as a lead character:

i) whether they have retired
    ii) or, they are made to retire by the people
    iii) or they decided, its time to give some chance to the youngsters
    iv) or whether they decided, let other serve for this industry, let me look after my family

Shall I list some successful lead actors starting from late 1970's who have competed with Vijayakanth.

Sivakumar
    Sudhakar
    Karthik
    Mohan
    Prabhu
    Sathyaraj
    Murali
    Suresh
    K Baghyaraj
    R Pandiyarajan
    Ramarajan
    Anand babu
    Chandrasekar
    Nizhalgal Ravi

etc. etc.

As everyone knows, my main aim is to fill some pages & make this thread to touch 100 pages
    I'd take Sathyaraj out, coz he is still doing lead roles. So, who's your favourite that you wish had better career because they are truly talented. Prabhu and Karthik have had their shot for two decades. Prabhu is doing character roles now, a good move.

For me.
    Mohan should have had better career. Decent actor, and he is pretty good in all genres, he should have had at least ten more years of good career like Prabhu & Karthik.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramarajan

Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bagyaraj.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu had his shot, two decades of decent career. I'd say the same of Karthik. Sathyaraj overstayed in hero department, but doing okay in character roles. But Mohan who was once equal to them, should have done few more lead roles.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I'll add a pet topic of mine and say this aloud:
    I feel the great Sivaji Ganesan could definitely have had an even better career than the monumental one he had. Especially, his full talent could have been utilised in later stages much better. He could have explored and displayed all nuances of acting if given the opportunity. As it is, our directors exploited only a limited subset of his capabilities.

Possibly, if Prabhu had been more talented, and emerged as a superstar in early 80s rather than just a star in late 80's, NT would have got the freedom to experiment without the pressure of earning for his family. Yes, I think in all possible weird ways of how this could have happened...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he did have a fantastic career, and I agree that from 80s onwards they should have made better use of him. If Prabhu had been a superstar, I think NT would have just retired and obliged to friends or relatives occasionally, just like how he did back in the 90s. Passing of his brother, his manager, did not help either.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalafanz
    Ramarajan
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like this thread will have short career too

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Former Lead Actor Should Have Had A Better Career?

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    I'd take Sathyaraj out, coz he is still doing lead roles. So, who's your favourite that you wish had better career because they are truly talented. Prabhu and Karthik have had their shot for two decades. Prabhu is doing character roles now, a good move.

For me.
    Mohan should have had better career. Decent actor, and he is pretty good in all genres, he should have had at least ten more years of good career like Prabhu & Karthik.
    By genre, do u mean the kinds of movies he did or the roles he played? I don't think he was good in comedy or action movies. His forte was romance - musicals, breezy love stories, family dramas and tragedies.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast