Thread: Pallavi anu Pallavi

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Pallavi anu Pallavi

Pallavi anu Pallavi is the movie which I really admire and love to watch. It was Manirathnams and Anil Kapoors first movie. It has beautiful Lakshmi in the lead role. A beautiful love story and most important its shows the beauty of the early 80's Bangalore and the beautiful estates of Coorg. Music is composed by Illayarja.
    Can we chat about the movie,
    Cheers,
    Sonia Pai.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonia Pai: I have heard about the movie, but never got a chance to see. Two songs are good
    1.. hradaya rangoli - haunting number by SP Sailaja who has done a pretty good job.. Somewhat resembles the tamil song 'ponvaanam panneer thoovudhu' (a stunner by IR).
    2. naguva nayana - nice SPB-SJ duet. Raja excels in the orchestration.

Songs available here: http://www.kannadaaudio.com/Songs/Mo...Anupallavi.php

(I read about your other movie likes in another thread - good ones. I'll reply - mainly on the music - soon.)

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, Mouna raagam's Karthik sequence had the exact scenes from pallavi anu pallavi..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi RR,
    The particular song Naguva Nayana, Madhura Mouna ( Beautiful eyes, Sweet moments), is a real beautiful song. Amazingly composed by Ilayaraj.
    Especially the picturization, it shows the beautiful 80's bangalore: the old bangalore, my old college St Josephs, Chit Chat cafe next to Lakeview parlour. the old colonial buildings.
    It shows the fresh love, seen thru the eyes of young lovers.

The song Hrudaya Rangoli, the picturization, where the girl who loves Anil Kapoor, sees Lakshmi and Anil Kapoor together in Coorg. Its tragic.

The last scene where Anil Kapoor, who once was truely in love with the girl, finds that she has left her and has gone to the US for higher studies, is very realistic and brings a tear in my eyes.

I my opinion this movie, which I guess was Mani Ratnams first movie. Just imagine, a new director trying to prove to the world that he can make good movies, must have given his best.

Reply,
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thiru: really? I have no idea.

Sonia Pai: Thanks for the song background. It helps appreciate better.
    what else can we expect from raja - that was his peak.
    Will catch the movie if our local tv is kind enough.

BTW, I was in B'lore for about 5 years during early 90's. Is St.Joseph's in the road parallel to MG road? Somewhat close to Bishop Cotton school?. My memory is vague, I may be totally off target

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again,
    you are right, its on Museum Road, extension of Residency road, Musem road leads to Richmond road ( where we have the Bishop Cottons Boys school).
    Yup, I too spent my college years in the mid and late 90's. But as a child, as a teenager and as a young adult I have beautiful memories of Bangalore. Though I am from Mangalore, I call myself a Bangalorean.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah 'Residency road'.. I thought hard but couldn't get that name. What a grand compus that one! I wrote some entrance exam there.

You brought back old memories. Nostalgic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back to movies, 90's must be one of the worst periods for Kannada cinema. Rarely one could find some decent films like 'Beladingale Baale'

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    the website kannadaaudio.com is interesting and well presented.
    the real audio player is good as compared to the musicindiaonline.
    Thanks.