Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraaja - The Singer

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    venkkiram, veruppai romba umizhareenga

agala uzha thaan cinema songs irukkE. Thiruvasagam maadhiri Album pandracheyum adhaiye paNNanumA?
    Indha experimentation, new singers, chance giving to novice singers adhukkellam neraiya MDs irukkanga. vENumna andha threads-ku poikoonga.

Carnatic singers chiinna vayasulerundhu sagithyam unarndhu paadaraangangaradhu appattamaana poi. Telugu krithis paadum bodhu thappu thappA words pirikkaradhai paarkalaam. For the sake of sangadhis and technical elegance. An average carnatic singer doesnt give respect to languagengaradhu dhaan uNmai

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    venki

ராஜாவும் இந்த முயற்சியில் திறமையான கர்நாடக சங்க்கீத பாடகர்களையும், மெல்லிசைப் பாடகர்களையும் அழைத்து வாய்ப்பு கொடுத்திருக்கலாம். என் பார்வையில், ஹரிகரன், ஷங்கர் மகாதேவன் போன்ற மெல்லிசை பாடகர்களும், நித்யஸ்ரீ, சுதா ரகுநாதன், பாம்பே ஜெயஸ்ரீ, சஞ்சய், உன்னி போன்ற பாடகர்களும் நிச்சயம் ராஜா கொடுத்த பக்தி பரவசத்தை கொடுத்திருப்பார்கள் என நம்புகிறேன்.

ராஜா போல வேறு யாராவது ஒருவர் திருவாசகப் பாடல்களை அவ்வளவு சுத்தமாக பாடமுடியுமா? இதுபோன்ற கேள்வியை வைப்பவர்கள் கொஞ்சம் எண்ணிப் பார்க்கவேண்டும். சங்கீதப் பாடகர்கள் பாலகர் வயதில் பாட ஆரம்பித்த வயதிலேயெ சங்க கால தமிழிறைப்பாடல்களை பாட ஆரம்பித்து விட்டார்கள். பூனை கண் மூடினால் உலகம் இருண்டுவிட்டதென நினைப்பது போலவே இருக்கிறது இதுபோன்ற வாதங்கள்.

venki,
    enna idea ungaluku?

unaga opinion ku ellarum reply seidhu irukom.

padicheengala???

padicha madhiri theriyalai..
    pl padichitu , piragu unga kelviyai kelunga.

marubadiyum kaeta kelviyae kaetutu irukeenga..

Neenga sonna singers ellam

Romba nalla paduvanga. Carnatic style a......

Oru composer aga Ilaiyaraja - idhai
    vendam ena nanaithu irukalam.

Hariharan and Shankar Mahadevan - Ivargal

padinal - NIchayam Cinema padal thaakam
    vandhu vidum

TIS kaettu irukeengala,,

Kelunga....

IR ai pazhikanam nu kaekadheenga.

adhil varum lyrics - yaruku
    avarai madhiti - thelivaga pronounce
    seiya mudiyum nu parunga....

TIS composiition ku UTPATTU..........

Adhanala, Raaja padinadhu dhan SARI.....

VEnki kaga TIS seiyalai......
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    Venki,
    Ungalin posts ellam padithadhil

oru nalla kariyam - IR songs melae
    irukkum affection adhigam agi iruku.

Ilaiyaraja singer - idhan thread

SAriya thappa nu discuss panra thread ilai idhu.
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

A very valid point by you reg carnatic music singers vis-a-vis Raja.

Dig: 'Bhavam' and language are two causalities most of the time in carnatic music.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Venki kram
    En thaayenum koyilai kaakka marandhitta paaviyadi kiliye
    idhukku inayaa unni krishnan 100 piravi eduthu paadinaalum feel kondu vara mudiyaadhu.
    KJYkkum appadiye. Aarariro paadiyadharo thoongiponadhaaro is the closest he has sung.
    amma paadalgalil Raaja thaan authority. I stick my neck -- what - I stick my entire humongous body on the line and say this.

As far as other points u have raised, 'pasu pathi paasam' indha siva gnaana kotpaattai inarndhu symphony isayin pinisayin idaiveli thappaamal (bruhakkal podaamal) kattuppaattudan sangar mahadevanum hariharanum paaduvaargal ena naan ninaikkavillai.
    Bavathariniyin kural matrum paadum murai pooveru konum paadalukku porundhi vandhadhu enbadhu naan viyandhu oppukkolum unmai.
    matrabadi raajave paadiyadhaal bhaavamum kidaithadhu, selavum michcham. idhil rasiganaana enakkum izhappu illai - peraanandhame.
    Nandraaga vandhulla vishayam innum nandraaga vandhirukkalaame enbadhu oru anugumurai - adhai andha dhoniyil pesaamal kaazhppunarvu melonga karuththai veLippaduththi vittu, pin nirayudhapani, aayudha paani endrellam vasanam yaen pesa vendum? enakku adhu puriyavillai?!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ilayaraaja paadinathula pidicha paatta sollalamnu vantha sanda nadakkuthaa..sari nan escape
    Come back strong.. Come back soon..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkiram,
    Instead of reading the clear and incisive replies made by Kiru, Jaiganes, Plum, Suresh etc AND RESPONDING TO SPECIFIC POINTS, you are repeating whatever you have to say like a parrot. Your rants do NOT deserve a reply (apart from this one!) IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not qualified to comment on other musical stuff and more able folks are doing it more than ably. But this one line.

Quote Originally Posted by venkiram
    புற்றில் வாழ் அரவும் அஞ்சேன் போன்ற மதத் தீவிரவாத பாடலை ராஜா தேர்ந்தெடுத்தது உங்களுக்கு எப்படி தோன்றுகிறது?
    You fail to put it in the context of the times. Coexisting in peace with different religious faiths is now possible when religion itself is relegated to a position of lesser importance and to the domain of personal preference. That was so not the case even a few hundred years back.

Most importantly you seem to have missed the intensity of devotion that is the emphasis of the song. If you don't find that song moving then we can be rightful objects of envy

You had also mentioned about "do you understand". Well there are some for who may have already known and someone who care only about the music. Let me outline just my case.

Except some part of pollA vinayEn I hadn't read any of ThiruvAsagam earlier. It is because of the addictive effect of the songs that I sought to read about the lines and enjoy the songs even more. There is no way I would have found the lines as impressive without IR's music. So atleast I - and I am sure I am not alone - owe thanks to the album for getting me hooked.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    kiru,

It is better we keep this within the debate that venki has started. Otherwise it has the potential of exploding!!

Good advice thx I am probably taking too much liberties in my humor because nowadays I feel Rahman has reached such heights that these potshots would not go anywhere near the pedestal he is on..Again fair advice..no more of this humor..(admin guys ..did you delete my post ? maybe you guys can send a msg in situations like this)

Back to the topic - app ..agree like MSV-IR , IR-ARR might be a good combination..probably tunes by IR and orchestration by ARR. Will there be any conflict or will ARR play it too safe and not go all out as he normally does ..still a good hypothesis.

Usha..just to reinforce some of your points ..IRs music is like math..I never learnt music when I was young. I think youngster should be taught music in school..not only will they appreciate music ..they will also appreciate math. if IR comes to know the formula for calculating permutations I am sure he will be absolutely thrilled. The beauty of IRs music is ..he does it with mathematical precision but the emotional aspect is never lost of completely highlighted. One example - unnaich cholli kuRRamil, ennaich cholli kuRRamillai is the joint work of music and lyric masters..the song is a fine example of fine music..the equivalent by IR with both music and lyrics - un kutthama ..en kuththamma ..yaarai naanu kuththam cholla..pachai pasum solaiyilE..paadi vantha paingkiliYe..inRu nada paathaiyilE vaazhathenna moolaiyilE ..koththu nerunju mullu kuththudhu nenjukkullE..sonnaalum sOgamma theeradha thaagam amma..
    When the man sings "koththu nerunju mullu" any person who has ever felt a faint tinge of love in their life would feel a lump in their throat.. you cannot separate the lyrics from the music from the emotion ..such is the power and IMO in this song..it is the emotion which stays with you not the tune or the lyrics ..again as you, Usha, mentioned, a person has to experience this first hand..
    Also, when pro singers are singing they are 'singing' with IR he is communicating with you..IR created a genre of fine popular music..sure it is not purely indian or purely western classical..but it is a pity to call some of his work as just another film music. Maybe that is the fate some people are relegating his music to when now we have MDs who can give very catchy/addictive popular music.
    (One very young poster here by name Hulkster has a blog he has really captured the essence of IRs music in it ..he says in a nutshell it is IRs music that he finds moving ...sensitive and probably smart young man)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    jai..I am sure you remember..IR heard the oratario format in Hungary and this inspired TIS. But what is interesting is he has been well read on tamil bhakthi literature to make the connection..Music format wise he has been giving an inkling of this in film music and Guru(mal) was a great teaser in this genre, atleast to me. I was so anxious to hear TIS when I heard I was impressed but interestingly not surprised..the music seemed to flow oh so naturally..

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast