Page 360 of 410 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the term 'King Of opening' was bestowed upon Ajith given the fact his movies open well irrespective of the content and longevity of the movies' running streak. I think it is not in the sense that his opening is better than others. If that is the case then ideally Rajni should be the king of opening right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should stop these discussions about Ajith being the King of Opening...the actual "Ghilli" of Kollywood...etc etc....it doesn't do us any good either them....

they are ever ready to post the gross collections of VJ vs net collections of Ajith.....there will be a day when the net collections of Ajith's movie will beat the gross collections of VJ's movie...and these will be reported in the media too..."I am waiting" for that day..
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    I think the term 'King Of opening' was bestowed upon Ajith given the fact his movies open well irrespective of the content and longevity of the movies' running streak. I think it is not in the sense that his opening is better than others. If that is the case then ideally Rajni should be the king of opening right?
    Rajini and Kamal are in a different league....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course there are exceptions and if you dig deep there will be reasons for those exceptions. I brought it up as your post implied that an Ajith film does not rely on any other factor. Those other factors will be reason for these exceptions.
    *Reason for Exception/any other factor* will be some common Denominator for all stars...It can be in all Probablity....

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This debate/conversation is going nowhere.

Arul buddy...given my experience with data analytics, I think there are some loopholes and gaps in your rationale and logic, however, I think we should just end this Vijay vs Ajith oneupmanship battle here.

As far as I am concerned, today all 3 stars (I am obviously leaving Rajini and Kamal out of the equation here) namely, Vijay, Ajith and Suriya have made a mark for themselves in such a way that the first 2 to 3 days will attract crowds, no matter what. Yes, Suriya probably doesn't enjoy the loyal fanbase that Vijay and Ajith do but he does attract crowds to the theaters. So I personally feel all 3 are capable of giving a solid opening during first weekend.

Let's also accept the fact that just the opening isn't enough to keep trade and others happy. The real victory of the movie is not based on how big the opening was but on how the Monday after the first weekend sustains the collections.

I think we should just end this debate here and move on. I say this because...how much ever data and facts are thrown from either sides...there will always be an unpleasant negative counter from the other side when it comes to Ajith vs Vijay debates.

So best is that we all agree to disagree and not make this an unpleasant forum for others.

If you all still wana continue.. I leave it to you.
    Last edited by Dammy R; 10th November 2014 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    DammyR, today the top 3 stars you are referring to.....all have family audience...

But to me personally I feel VJ and Surya have got a good following from the Children and Girls....

and Ajith stands apart from these 2 actors...who have got a very good following from A, B and C centres.....have a great following from the ladies population base too...and if you are taking other state...VJ is known only in Kerala...but Ajith and Surya are well known in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra, Telangana, Northern states alike...and Vikram does have a presence in Andhra and Northern states...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    Please do post on my behalf when #YennaiArindhaal releases... Thanks in advance...
    Iam least bothered about others considering my favourite.. All the best in advance..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DammyR, today the top 3 stars you are referring to.....all have family audience...

But to me personally I feel VJ and Surya have got a good following from the Children and Girls....

and Ajith stands apart from these 2 actors...who have got a very good following from A, B and C centres.....have a great following from the ladies population base too...and if you are taking other state...VJ is known only in Kerala...but Ajith and Surya are well known in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra, Telangana, Northern states alike...and Vikram does have a presence in Andhra and Northern states...
    Again Pudhu Thodakathuku Suli pottutainga pola

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally disagree Leo. Don't wana comment about Ajith...but the only market where Vijay doesn't have a presence is AP/Telangana...Vijay is popular in Karnataka, Mumbai etc. And he is also a very good draw overseas as we all know.

As I said, we will all have relative views about our favourites. No point debating it as it will have a lot of bias.

The way I think about it is...if a movie is a genuine blockbuster or a 100cr or whatever. .it will get referred to as one even a year or 2 years after release. Let's just leave it at that.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you know- You are contradicting your own statement. during the Opening day no body cares about the Movie's content but sheer start power pulls crowd to the theater, That said Ajith's movies have 110% Occupancy that is the reason he is the King of Opening.