Page 382 of 410 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, for once sensible discussions in this thread ...
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats because the usual suspects are banned.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, @AB
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Arul,

On your point 1, I totally agree there are a lot of assumptions that have to go when we talk about per day/screen because we do not know other finer details. No offence bro, but instead of applauding BMs post yesterday, if you had said this to him it could have avoided a lot of these back and forth posts. Most of the posts were in response to his analysis.

BMs post was intended at the boys who were trying hard to bring YA down. They were very much interested in updating YA BO status than us and they did not stop even after asked them to save energy for the next release.

Point no 2 on Rentrak was again brought out because it was posted how unfair it was on Rentraks part to report only based on 29 screens. Kaththi was also reported for 32 screens. Someone questioned the authenticity of their report which is when this whole back and forth started.
    I think A_A must be frustrated on seeing a small number of screens reported through rentrack while it is played in a good number.

Point no 3 - I think Ajay meant yesterdays bookings in SPI.
    Yesterday(Tuesday), AB was looking at today's(Wednesday) reservation status. FYI yesterday too, most of the shows were full when I checked after noon. You could find the status updated in the YA thread.
    Last edited by ArulprakasH; 11th February 2015 at 08:20 PM.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    CB No questions on Kaththi's success, I Movie Lurking around and releasing are 2 different things. we laymen would have little idea about movie releases but Aascar and Vijay know the movie release dates. Kaththi if released in Feb would not have been so much of a success IMO. The stage for Kaththi was set and the content delivered the Success.
    Exactly my Thoughts...Thanks Bimmer.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Bad, it is not BM but AB. Modified my post now.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Parthy,

I personally believe exactly the same that for big stars, reviews do not matter at all due to the local fanbase they have. It does impact heroes who do not enjoy a local fanbase though. Yes, word of mouth does matter the most for a longer run (beyond first weekend). Based on what I read here in the hub, I thought YA did get a decent review from audiences. ..and had the word of mouth going for it...I saw a lot of posts mentioning that.

The point about promotion for Kaththi was not just tv promos...but trailer, ticket bookings etc. YA did have an advantage as the bookings opened almost 5 days before release...theaters had enough time to plan the schedules and show timings. We all know the problems Kaththi went through till the day before release.

Having said all this, I still feel it is too early to comment about YAs box office result...you cannot call it a flop nor can you call it a blockbuster yet.
    Fair enough bro,

I brought Kathi just because Cedy pointed that in his post.mainly on those 3 points...

9. Thanks Dammy R thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AP,

Yes. U r right. Last night I was checking today's evening status. And it was all green except Sathyam. I specifically pointed out the complex for the same reason that MB mentioned. All movie goers' first choice in Chennai is Sathyam. Most movies show green from the first Monday but the evening shows are always booked at least 2,3 days in advance. It has been the case for all big actors including Ajith. But YA is not getting that kinda rush honestly. Getting booked on the same day in Sathyam is different thing altogether. Just peep in at 6 pm. You wont get tickets for even Isai, let alone YA.

Lets keep our chella rivalry aside. But at least for me, the movie is not doing well. An Ajith movie, say for example Veeram, drew more crowds the same period. And actually its quite surprising for me. Because after a long time, I enjoyed an Ajith movie and enjoyed it better than Kaakka Kaakka. And I thought it would become a superhit if not a blockbuster, mainly because it had the right dose of sentiments and romance in it. And except for the first half an hour or so, I found the film gripping. I kinda knew that it wouldn't reach the suburbs given the director's making style. But CBO is a real shock for me.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    BMs post was intended at the boys who were trying hard to bring YA down. They were very much interested in updating YA BO status than us and they did not stop even after asked them to save energy for the next release.
    Buddy - I think the point was more around the logic used by BM, which is what Cedy used in his reply and which you questioned. We are all in agreement now on that at least, so its all good.

However, I do understand what you mean on some boys updating box office reports; however, I am not sure if posting BO updates is meant to degrade a particular movie - all these are coming from websites that are typically used when the movie does well too. Now I do know some people may have an agenda while posting bad results and I may have missed some of the bad posts, but then, that happens from both sides when an Ajith/Vijay movie releases. We all know about a few who bring Vijay into the discussion even when the topic doesn't involve Vijay, and what kind of bad language is used to address him. No senior hubber even cares to read or reply to such posts. As long as both sides maintain this, we will see more of such civil conversations even in future and I really wish to see the day when an Ajith fan can openly criticize a Vijay film and vice versa.

As far as YA is concerned, I too have heard decent reviews from few friends outside the hub, so as I have been saying, it may be too early to label the movie as average or a superhit or whatever. We may get a better picture by next week. If Anegan doesn't turn out to be good, it may well work in YA's favor. Let's see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    AP,

Yes. U r right. Last night I was checking today's evening status. And it was all green except Sathyam. I specifically pointed out the complex for the same reason that MB mentioned. All movie goers' first choice in Chennai is Sathyam. Most movies show green from the first Monday but the evening shows are always booked at least 2,3 days in advance. It has been the case for all big actors including Ajith. But YA is not getting that kinda rush honestly. Getting booked on the same day in Sathyam is different thing altogether. Just peep in at 6 pm. You wont get tickets for even Isai, let alone YA.

Lets keep our chella rivalry aside. But at least for me, the movie is not doing well. An Ajith movie, say for example Veeram, drew more crowds the same period. And actually its quite surprising for me. Because after a long time, I enjoyed an Ajith movie and enjoyed it better than Kaakka Kaakka. And I thought it would become a superhit if not a blockbuster, mainly because it had the right dose of sentiments and romance in it. And except for the first half an hour or so, I found the film gripping. I kinda knew that it wouldn't reach the suburbs given the director's making style. But CBO is a real shock for me.
    I am glad that you have enjoyed the movie. I did not check at 6PM but around noon. I have seen green status for all the shows on 27th October 2014, the first Monday following the release.