Page 380 of 410 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Freedom,

I would agree to you if there is pressure for Anegan tickets. And there is absolutely none. You can try now and get it for any screen in Chennai. I just booked mine. I do not think 'I' would have shared screens with Anegan. In fact I believe Anegan would have never released in a week's time after 'I'. And speaking about non festival opening about YA. Then ideally it should be viewed by lesser people in the opening weekend compared to a festival release and that means more people will be catching up with the film in the second weekend. So I see no reason why YA should not be preferred for bigger screens in the second weekend.
    Kind of agree but not 100%. We'll see how Anegan goes, my prediction is if it doesn't do that well, then YA will take it back. But I agree with you on the tax thingy.

IMO AMR clearly missed it by 1 week. they should have gone for release on Jan29th and it would have been ideal.
    Ajde Nole!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Just read my post above AB. No point in writing it here again,
    Freedom,

We need not even wait for the weekend. Just check today's (wednesday) booking status in spicinemas.in. Except for two classes in Sathyam main screen, almost all other screens have tickets. And this is after setting the number of tickets required to 10. It was not the case for Kaththi in its second week. Almost all evening shows were full. You need not believe me. Just check it yourself.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Kind of agree but not 100%. We'll see how Anegan goes, my prediction is if it doesn't do that well, then YA will take it back. But I agree with you on the tax thingy.

IMO AMR clearly missed it by 1 week. they should have gone for release on Jan29th and it would have been ideal.

This could be the case in single screens. But in multiplexes they open bookings for a full week and they do not tamper with the schedule in between. And regaining the main screen in the 3rd week would be tough. But if that happens can be rest assured that the movie is indeed going great guns.
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 11th February 2015 at 01:14 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    This could be the case in single screens. But in multiplexes they open bookings for a full week and they do not tamper with the schedule in between. And regaining the main screen in the 3rd week would be tough. But if that happens can be rest assured that the movie is indeed going great guns.
    your agreement is valid if there are no subsequent biggie release. There was no huge competition for Kaththi until Lingaa came, which gave Kaththi a good 31/2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Freedom,

We need not even wait for the weekend. Just check today's (wednesday) booking status in spicinemas.in. Except for two classes in Sathyam main screen, almost all other screens have tickets. And this is after setting the number of tickets required to 10. It was not the case for Kaththi in its second week. Almost all evening shows were full. You need not believe me. Just check it yourself.
    Cool, I usually won't bother doing these things. But point taken!
    Ajde Nole!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    your agreement is valid if there are no subsequent biggie release. There was no huge competition for Kaththi until Lingaa came, which gave Kaththi a good 31/2 weeks.
    Shankar's 'I' was lurking around all the time. Infact, Aascar went on board proclaiming a Diwali release, even suggesting Kaththi might not affect I. Vijay held fort and delivered.

The thing with Kaththi's success is, it did well uniformly throughout and for a significant time frame. You can check any market, it will be in harmony with other markets.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    Shankar's 'I' was lurking around all the time. Infact, Aascar went on board proclaiming a Diwali release, even suggesting Kaththi might not affect I. Vijay held fort and delivered.

The thing with Kaththi's success is, it did well uniformly throughout and for a significant time frame. You can check any market, it will be in harmony with other markets.
    CB No questions on Kaththi's success, I Movie Lurking around and releasing are 2 different things. we laymen would have little idea about movie releases but Aascar and Vijay know the movie release dates. Kaththi if released in Feb would not have been so much of a success IMO. The stage for Kaththi was set and the content delivered the Success.

9. Likes Arragesh, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    CB No questions on Kaththi's success, I Movie Lurking around and releasing are 2 different things. we laymen would have little idea about movie releases but Aascar and Vijay know the movie release dates. Kaththi if released in Feb would not have been so much of a success IMO. The stage for Kaththi was set and the content delivered the Success.
    Couldn't agree more.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad there is no bickering between immature fans from both sides on this thread (the way it usually ends up!)
    Ajde Nole!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    good discussion.. learnt so much