Page 361 of 410 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    VJ popular in Karnataka has to be only in Bangalore, Mangalore region because of a sizable Tamil population.

Ajith is known beyond Bangalore and well known in Northern Karnataka...

I have a very weird question...do Sri Lankans watch tamil movies...I mean Sri Lankans (Sinhalese) population....I was surprised when I met a Sri Lankan and having a very high opinion about Ajith....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    I think the term 'King Of opening' was bestowed upon Ajith given the fact his movies open well irrespective of the content and longevity of the movies' running streak. I think it is not in the sense that his opening is better than others. If that is the case then ideally Rajni should be the king of opening right?
    What does it imply, for others if the content and longevity of the movies is not good, it will not open well. Correct. If it is the case obviously his opening is better than others. If King of Openings tag is the problem.. we are ready to shed it.. Ajith do not need any title..

Rajini & Kamal are there under the tags Emperor of Opening and Emperor of Box Office...
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Just so you know- You are contradicting your own statement. during the Opening day no body cares about the Movie's content but sheer start power pulls crowd to the theater, That said Ajith's movies have 110% Occupancy that is the reason he is the King of Opening.
    now there will be questions raised...sarcasms made....unnecessary we will have to pull some old posts from 2006 and that too from a website Sify which usually posts paid news and acknowledges certain things at certain times so as not to lose out on visitors...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya Sify Has Upgraded the tag after Mankatha to Emperor of Opening

6. Likes leosimha liked this post
    Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Parthyy View Post
    Again you are Wrong Dude
    Billa after 30% Tax its 7.6C so Gross would be 10.9 So only KAthi beat that...
    Arambam on Non Holiday Two days Prior to Diwali is 8.75..
    Kathi,Thupaki,Arrambam are tax free so net equals to Gross as per Sreedhar Pillai

Right Equation would be
    Endiran-11.5+
    Mankatha - 7.7C(Pillai reported 6.5C with 15% Tax)
    Billa2-10.9
    Thupakki - 9.25
    Arrambam-8.75
    Kathi-12.5

Out of these Mankatha,Kathi & Thupaki were on Holiday...Stop worrying about SOLOs dude When You have Holiday/Festivals ....
    Even before these Social media things Trade has named Ajith as Best opener after Rajini.
    Dude your statements are contradictory from your fellow hubbers..with 110% occupancy on opening day shows, crowd puller, more no of shows as a solo release..there is nothing to be worried as a non festvial/non holiday release..

110% occupancy on opening day, more no of shows as a solo release is more or less equal to 95% occupancy of a film releasing with competition & with less no. of shows..Then where comes the concern of festival/non festival release..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    This debate/conversation is going nowhere.

Arul buddy...given my experience with data analytics, I think there are some loopholes and gaps in your rationale and logic, however, I think we should just end this Vijay vs Ajith oneupmanship battle here.

As far as I am concerned, today all 3 stars (I am obviously leaving Rajini and Kamal out of the equation here) namely, Vijay, Ajith and Suriya have made a mark for themselves in such a way that the first 2 to 3 days will attract crowds, no matter what. Yes, Suriya probably doesn't enjoy the loyal fanbase that Vijay and Ajith do but he does attract crowds to the theaters. So I personally feel all 3 are capable of giving a solid opening during first weekend.

Let's also accept the fact that just the opening isn't enough to keep trade and others happy. The real victory of the movie is not based on how big the opening was but on how the Monday after the first weekend sustains the collections.

I think we should just end this debate here and move on. I say this because...how much ever data and facts are thrown from either sides...there will always be an unpleasant negative counter from the other side when it comes to Ajith vs Vijay debates.

So best is that we all agree to disagree and not make this an unpleasant forum for others.

If you all still wana continue.. I leave it to you.

Agreed to disagree...

As I said in my last post we are ready to shed this tag too.. After all it is just a title.. I started replying when the credit was criticized.. I am happy that at least some of the people here understood it. to this thread...

BTW I would like to know the gaps in my logic. If not here, PM would be appreciated. Thanks
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    VJ popular in Karnataka has to be only in Bangalore, Mangalore region because of a sizable Tamil population.

Ajith is known beyond Bangalore and well known in Northern Karnataka...

I have a very weird question...do Sri Lankans watch tamil movies...I mean Sri Lankans (Sinhalese) population....I was surprised when I met a Sri Lankan and having a very high opinion about Ajith....
    Yea they do. I know some Sinhalese people who watch all Vijay starers on the first day.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    Yea they do. I know some Sinhalese people who watch all Vijay starers on the first day.
    They will watch any Tamil films, cos Majority of their films are mokkais! They will watch almost any Tamil films and Most of Hindi films. MGR was quite famous amongst Sinhalese , compared to any Tamil actors
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajni and Kamal are also well known to the Sinhala people compared to VJ , Ajith.. & Co
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    that's not a big deal and my post was not to say about SL watching Vijay movies on FDFS. guess it could be the Lyca effect.... j/k jokes apart....got to know that Attagassam actress Pooja is a Sinhalese....all these days I was thinking she was a SL Tamil...I am just wondering why VJ fans haven't questioned the credibility of Ajith in this matter and how he could act with Sinhalese actress...some point to ponder over....
    Yennai Arindhaal...