• Hey Ram

4 4.04%
  • Virumaandi

6 6.06%
Page 91 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Sindhanai Selvar Dr.Kamal HaasaR - favourite movies,scenes 2

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is too much of a ask for Krishnasami to roll out supporters from Village and organize a dharna against Venkatachalam & co ..he is touted as a private guy and it takes him a while to warm up to Panjapakesan.. it will be against his grain to seek help from peeps who know him for the all mess he has created for himself with that decision to seek a better life in city for him/kids..his only kadivalam was S.N Lakshmi..may be if she was around when he came back from jail he might have done things differently.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Well these things do happen.
    I dont believe so.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    unconvinced'nu edutthukkittaa, i would say i am a little unconvinced on the events which makes him move to the town by selling all his properties...
    OPM - other people money, when it is said by haneefa to the kamal first time, he mixes with a sarcasm which very well conveys that oor panatthula vaazhradhu... and when compared with what krishnasamy's friend says abt him during his college days doing poraattams for makkal and his choosing bsc agriculture, he could not be persuaded in a single night... ya, he does it for his kids education and to help them come out of their inferiority in not able to speak peter english, to become engineer and doctor...
    even he himself has a conceived inferiority complex when compare to his london friend, which shows in the formula-1 scene... the ambassador wants to beat the benz and say that i have beaten u... which means the ambassador has always been beaten in such races until then... and that complex could have motivated him to go get on par with the rest of his mates in the city... but still, the events are not strong enuf...
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S
    P_R,
    venkki brought up a good point about why Krishnasamy was left alone with no help from relatives/neighbours (of his village) even in acute situation. Neither he did any consultation with others (at least was not shown) before moving to Chennai, nor they helped him.
    kAvErikkarai-la rAjA mAdhiri, kaiyai sodakkinA aayiram pEr unga vElaigaLai pArththukka mAttOmA.
    ungaLukku chit-fund aarambikkaNumnA enga kitta sollirukka koodaadhA

says the lawyer MohanRam.

padichchavar neenga, power of attorney-la eppadi kai ezhuththu pOtteenga (recall he was in the process of being wined and seduced when he signed. Brilliant fleshing out of the 'oothi koduththu kai ezuththu vAngittAnga' trope. It is not the physical intoxication that makes people make wrong decision. It is the frame of mind, how you behave differently from how you would otherwise behave/decide.).

Krishna has no response to the lawyer. He can't even make eye-contact. Feels ashamed.

That he is cut-out by everybody - and nobody wants to touch him after his fall is indeed integral part of the story.
    Perhaps he didn't want to let his father's name down (as SNL says in the accident scene: avunga appA sambAdhichadhu, ivar kAppAthikittu varaar)
    Or it is an indictment of the world, where everyone is just a fair-weather friend.

And Krishna is not shown to be a very intelligent person. paNNaiyArs had people taking care of stuff for them, remember. He thought Dhanush was one such-something SNL saw through. Even the morning scene when he asks for accounts, he doesn't seem to be on top of things. Just trying to sound assertive.

It is quite presumable, the home front is being managed fully by SNL. That their finances were so bad that they had to rent the house - is something he comes to know by chance, remember.
    Perhaps SNL was particular about not asking anyone for money. (neenga sonnadhu correctmA, indha oorla mariyAdhaiyE illai - how soon he says that!! In prison. We didn't hear the original conversation but we get an idea about their mode of thinking).

While on that scene - Yamuna sollichu..naalu varusham irukka vENaamaam. reNdu varushathulayE vitruvaangaLaam. naan thiruppadhikku mottai pOduradhA vENdi irukkEn maaple.
    Most empathetic approach to the God question.

idhukku mEla plausiblity paththi pEsinA, equar vandhu thittuvaar jockradhai.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

What I quoted (aRRa kuLaththin aRu neerppaRavai) is not some "thathuvam", it had been a reality and thus became proverbial.
    I am sorry my post was not referring to yours because I have not read yours (I have read only a few here and there due to my busy schedule). I personally dont believe things can happen that way to good people. Wealthy people theruvukku varrathu niRaiya irukku. Being wealthy and being good are different things.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    The most important point is, a character behaves certain way. Thats what the nature of character is all about. If it acts as what we expect, then its not real. The author defines the character that way. These kinda questions can be asked, and actually is being asked for every other film.
    Robo design panna scientist kku athai control panna mudiyaathaa?!? etc
    Sakala.. I have compatibility issue only with the plot of Krishnaswamy's happy life in Mahanathi. Not on the characters. To be frank, there are no much characters involved in this movie. Kamal as a creator already cut off his dad, mom, his father in law, relatives and friends in the plot. At the end, Kamal even cut Krishnaswamy's hand too.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    adhula enna empatheticnu pureelayae..
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal mentions in an interview that the 'being cheated in a chit fund' experience was something his dance-master Thangappan went through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Kamal mentions in an interview that the 'being cheated in a chit fund' experience was something his dance-master Thangappan went through.
    Chit fundla niRaiya paer cheat paNNappattirukkaanga...

Post Thanks / Like
    Panju: aamaam IPC 420-nu pOttirukkE...paNaththai enna paNNe?
    Krishnasamy: idho paarunga...naan thirudan illai, muttAL

Page 91 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast