• Virumaandi

6 6.06%
Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1224

Thread: Sindhanai Selvar Dr.Kamal HaasaR - favourite movies,scenes 2

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
    Fina frame happiness'ku santhOshapadurathu - is an insult to the movie and Kamal I would say.
    final framela sandhoshapaduthuradhu is an insult

if it has been the opposite - emotional manipulation, unrealistic etc etc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    dream with the opening of the gates of his “home,”
    Yeah...I noticed this after you mentioned it once.

In other words, to this film, the essence of Krishna’s stepping-out isn’t an inward-looking tale that manufactures an elegiac melodrama, but an outward-looking tale of what he actually sees when he gets out.
    Interesting POV (of course I heard from you earlier). But the inward-looking elegiac tone is very much there, no?

What he sees/goes through, is what it is about: காணாத சோகமெல்லாம் கண்கள் கண்டதடி
    But there is a wistfulness in காவேரி தீரம் விட்டு கால்கள் வந்ததடி.

So I won't say 'big bad world out there' is a bad reading. A uber-simplistic version being Blessy/Mammootty's film paLunku.
    Of course Mahanadhi is so much more. No denying that.

Krishna raises his voice against the corruptions and transgressions in the prison. Krishna raises these questions not simply because he can’t stand wrongdoings at a personal level (insofar as one could risk such a coordinate!), but also because he’s not used to being so powerless.
    Very good point.

The interval shot...light...up on a platform with 'minion' heads in the foreground underlines this.
    The very next frame is awesome. Old prisoner sawing, Thulukkanam exits the frame uncomfortably. A moment later, we see why. Krishna walks into the frame. The old man says: vaNakkam thalaivA @ the choice of voice.

..and then the cop literally says: nee dhaan thalaivan-nu mudivAnadhukku appuram, poRuppu eduththukkaama irundhA eppadi?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aamaa, final framela santhosappadramaari vechaa kamalukku insult, sila MD oda post 2K songs list panrathu avarukku insult. aanaa silar sila actorkku fan aa irukkurathu mattum avarukku insult illai. superb!

innoru pakkamum oru comedy reel oduthu, aanaa athai yerkanave underline panni sollitten.

silar ellaam orualavukku mela correction solrathai vida periya insult, kamalukku vera enna irukka mudiyum?! yeppaa, "tamilpaper.net Mahadevan" e paravaalla polarukku!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    final framela sandhoshapaduthuradhu is an insult

if it has been the opposite - emotional manipulation, unrealistic etc etc

Oru balance irukkanum solRaen.. pessimism was 99.9 % and the last frame happiness was .1%. Kamal himself would be disappointed to see people highlighting the .1% as I am sure that was not his idea. Venkiram's post has beautifuly described as to how it is unrealistic. And that made others who are of the same opinion post their views. Illaennaa orae thisaila - cult classic, master piece - IMDb top 10 range'la discussion pOi irukkum. This is not a movie from Vasantha Balan, it's from Kamal, therefore the expectation becomes high in terms of being 'realistic'. In my circle many who had watched the movie had said "nalla padam aanaa ippadiyellaam nadakkuRathu saathiyamilla". This movie is nice in terms of making and performance of Kamal, but 'realistic' appadinnu varumpOthu it definitely falls short. Anyway, idha paththi pOthiya aLavu paesiyaachu so no point continuing. As in all hub discussions let us agree to disagree

PS: And personally I dont prefer nenjil araiyum sOga movies - specially if the maker is trying to do some "unarchi surandal" to get his point across to the audience. I dont want to get cheated that way. Moondraam piRai climaxkooda ippallaam enakku pidikkiRathilla. And this doesnt mean I expect a happy ending in all movies.
    Last edited by Roshan; 19th May 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
    Oru balance irukkanum solRaen.. pessimism was 99.9 % and the last frame happiness was .1%. Kamal himself would be disappointed to see people highlighting the .1% as I am sure that was not his idea. Venkiram's post has beautifuly described as to how it is unrealisti
    yarume apdi sollaliye..

There is hope and happiness throughout the movie. He has time for romance after getting prisoned, boy is happy as ever doing theru vithai, even the girl is shown so "casually" reading a book before kamal enters her room... she was shown having friends and guardian even in that place. I am not denying that lots of things happen to people in the movie...but everybody holds onto something available to them from wherever they are and moves on...Actually people in the movie are too optimistic ....atlast they get united as a family as well... those two scenes - the boy joining kamal and kamal taking away his daughter through the ganges could be called as a couple of the most satisfying images ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vicky,

The point is, I dont mind the sOgam unless it is 'thiNikkappatta' sOgam. In Mahanadhi it is thiNikkappatta sOgam. For a person like Krishanasaamy, who's got noble qualities, well respected in his native (initial scenes as I mentioned earlier), fairly wealthy, suddenly everything goes against him and there's no body to support is what we say is totally unrealistic. The sequences that follow is a result of this 'unrealistic' approach and that's why I feel it is "thiNikkappatta sOgam'.
    Last edited by Roshan; 19th May 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saai, ferfect as usual! The girl, even after coming from such a life/place, feels a bit cool that her dad has come, she points places to her dad, while in that boat song. Even that thookathil munagal is after all, something which happens in sleep. She shud feel great happiness as she got back her family, though paatti was gone, she now has a new affectionate chithi. ithu ellaam actually hidden part of the story. all this whud hav happened before Krishnasaami again landing in jail. Just that there is no time to show all this.

Kamal very clearly said in interviews that Mahanathi is his fears as a dad and a citizen. nothing more than that. And to prove this point, the screenplay has to have some too bad moments.

Logic gets beating here and there, athukku enna seyya. Even that boy returning home, asks about her sister only the next morning, which is perfectly fine but howcome krishnasaami didn't ask a word to the boy, before he falls asleep, the previous night!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway, pOthiyaLavu paesiyaachu on this topic. I have nothing more to say. Unrealistic avvaLavuthaan. mathapadi nalla padam but definitely not THE best/great type of movie IMO.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Equar = especially the post on the ending. happiness-sadness mixku percentage formulalAm vechurukkAngadiyOv! S Dhaanukku thirakadhai consultant thEvai padudhAnnu kELunga. indha style "story improvement" ellAm avar mAdhiri producer kittE irundhu dhAn idhukku munnAdi kEttu irukkEn.

If Krishnasamy hadnt gone through what he did, he wouldnt have been simmering enough to do what he does to Venkatachalam. And if he doesnt do that, Kamal could have safely not made Mahanadhi and acted in a Shankar extravaganza in those 3 months or whatever time he took to shoot Mahanadhi. There is a point to the movie which equa and p-r have written about beautifully. adhu puriyalaina, idhai oru P Vasu padam mAdhiri nenaichu pichu pichu dhAn review paNNa thONum. adhu thappillai kEttELA? Sindhikkum dhaLAmnu oNNu irukkillayA?

AS for his thoughts on religion seeping into his movies, I find it msotly objectionbable for deeply dogmatic people who cannot face the rational questions he raises on religion. Nothing surprising about that. This is a defence mechanism, an excuse for them. Except when it comes across like caricature as in Dasavatharam, he does extremely well to integrate these into his characters and screenplay very well unobtrusively. People just do a surface reading but have the confidence to talk like LLD. That is also fine. That is what democracy demands.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Logic gets beating here and there, athukku enna seyya. Even that boy returning home, asks about her sister only the next morning, which is perfectly fine but howcome krishnasaami didn't ask a word to the boy, before he falls asleep, the previous night!
    i remember the boy is brought home when he was sleeping in the middle of the night... thoongi elundha next morning... and unluckily the boy does not blabber in his sleep like the gal does...
    is there any other scenes shown inbetween?
    Sach is Life..