Page 5 of 277 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini Ganesan - Romance King of Tamil Films

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik View Post
    சங்கமம் (1970)

சமீபகாலமாக முரசு தொலைக்காட்சியில் 1970-ம் ஆண்டு வெளியான "சங்கமம்" வண்ணத்திரைப்படத்தின் பாடல்களை 'ஒருபடப்பாடல்' நிகழ்ச்சியில் காணும்போது சில ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் முழு திரைப்படத்தையும் பார்த்து மகிழ்ந்த நினைவு வந்தது. (முழுப்படமும் தொலைக்காட்சிகளில் அடிக்கடி ஒளிபரப்பப் பட்டிருக்கலாம், இணையத்திலும் கூட கிடைக்கலாம். ஆனால் பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்புத்தான் கிடைக்கவில்லை).

எனக்குத்தெரிந்து வண்ணப்படங்களில் ஜெமினிகணேசன் இரட்டை வேடங்களில் நடித்த படம் இது ஒன்றாகத்தான் இருக்கும். (இப்படி சொல்லி உசுப்பிவிட்டால்தான் வேறு படங்கள் இருந்தால் யாரும் சொல்வார்கள்). வேடங்களில் எந்த மாறுபாடும் இல்லாத, பார்ப்பதற்கு ஒரேமாதிரித் தோற்றம் கொண்ட (மா.வேலன், எ.போ.ஒருவன், நி.முடிப்பவன் டைப்) இரட்டைவேடம். ஆனால் நடிப்பில் நன்கு பின்னியெடுத்திருப்பார். ஆனால் உருவத்தில் இரண்டு துருவங்களான இரண்டு ஜோடிகள். ஒரு ஜெமினிக்கு மெகா சைஸ் கே.ஆர்.விஜயா. இன்னொருவருக்கு 'வெண்ணிற கொடியிடை' நிர்மலா.

இரண்டு திலகங்களுக்கும், ரவிச்சந்திரனுக்கும் அடுத்து ஜெமினி தானும் அவ்வப்போது வண்ணப்படங்களில் அசத்திக்கொண்டிருந்த நேரம். இதற்கு முந்திய அட்டகாச வண்ணப்படமான சாந்திநிலையத்தை அடுத்து சங்கமும் வண்ணத்திலும் ஒளிப்பதிவிலும் சற்று தூக்கலாகவே நின்றது.

பழம்பெரும் வில்லன் பி.எஸ்.வீரப்பா சங்கமம் படத்தின் வில்லனாக நடித்திருப்பார். ஜெமினியின் க்மபெனி லெட்டர்பேடில் வில்லங்கமான டாக்குமென்ட்டை தயாரித்து வைத்துக்கொண்டு ஜெமினியை மிரட்டுவார். இருவருக்கும் இடையே ஆக்ரோஷமான சண்டைக்காட்சிகளும் உண்டு. நகைச்சுவைக்கு நாகேஷ் இருந்தாலும் நம்மை வலிந்து சிரிக்க வைப்பதற்காக ரொம்ப படுத்துவார்.

மெல்லிசை மன்னர் டி. கே. ராமமூர்த்தி இசையில் பாடல்கள் நன்றாக இருந்தன. இதே ட்ரெண்டை தொடர்ந்திருந்தால் அந்த ஆண்டு இன்னும் சில நல்ல பாடல்கள் அவருக்கு அமைந்திருக்கக்கூடும். அந்தப்பாடல்களைப் படமாக்கியிருந்த விதம் இன்னும் அருமையோ அருமை. குறிப்பாக வெளிப்புறப் படமாக்கம், ஒளிப்பதிவு அட்டகாசம். ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் யாரென்பது சரியாக நினைவில்லை. தாதாமிராஸியின் டைரக்ஷன் என்பதால் ஒளிப்பதிவு கே.எஸ்.பிரசாத் ஆக இருக்கக்கூடும் (ஒரு ஊகம்தான், தவறாகக்கூட இருக்கலாம்).

ஆனால் படத்தின் மாஸ்டர்பீஸ் பாடலான "தன்னந்தனியாக நான் வந்தபோது" பாடலை டைட்டில் முடிந்ததும் போட்டது கொஞ்சம் சப்பென்றிருந்தது. ரசிகர்களை கொஞ்சம் எதிர்பார்க்கவைத்து, நடுவில் போட்டிருக்கலாம். படம்வந்த காலத்தில் லேட்டாக படம்பார்க்க வந்தவர்கள் பாடலை மிஸ்பண்ணியிருக்க சான்ஸ் உள்ளது. ஜெமினி - விஜயா டூய்ட் பாடலான இதற்கு லொக்கேஷன் அட்டகாசம். ஒவ்வொரு பிரேமும் கண்களுக்கு குளிர்ச்சி.

இதே ஜோடிக்கான அடுத்த பாடலான "ஒருபாட்டுக்கு பலராகம்" பாடலில் விஜயாவுக்கு வெறும் ஹம்மிங் மட்டுமே. ஜெமினிக்கு மட்டுமே முழுப்பாடலும் ஜெமினியின் காஸ்ட்யூம் நன்றாக இருக்கும். நல்லவேளை விஜயாவுக்கு சேலைதவிர வேறு காஸ்ட்யூம் தரவில்லை. ஆனால் கே.டி.சந்தானத்தை ஏமாற்ற பாடுவதுபோல இருப்பதால் ரகசியபோலீஸை நினைவுபடுத்தும். இப்பாடலுக்கும். அவுட்-டோர் லொக்கேஷனும் ஒளிப்பதிவும் செமதூள்.

இன்னொரு ஜெமினியை 'வெண்ணிற கொடியிடை' நிர்மலா முதன்முதலில் சந்திக்கநேரும் பாடலான "வண்ணப்பூபோட்ட சேலைகட்டி புதுப்பொண்ணு பக்கம் வந்தா" இன்னொரு அருமையான லொக்கேஷன் சாங். இப்பாடலில் ஜெமினியைப் பார்க்கும்போது, 'என்ன திடீர்னு எம்.ஜி.ஆர். வந்துவிட்டார்' என்று தோன்றும். சிவப்புகோட், அதில் ஜிகினா டிசைன், கூலிங்க்-கிளாஸ், முக்கியமாக தலையில் புஷ்குல்லா (வெள்ளைக்கு பதிலாக லைட் பிரௌன்) என்று அசத்தலாக தோற்றமளிப்பார். இவருக்கு பாட்டு கிடையாது, ஒன்றிரண்டு வார்த்தைகள் மட்டுமே. நிர்மலாவுக்கும் தோழிகளுக்கும்தான் முழுப்பாடலும்.

இவற்றுடன் "கண்ணனிடம் கேட்டிருந்தேன், பிள்ளையொன்று வேண்டும்" என்ற இண்டோர் பாடலும் (விஜயாவுக்காக பி. சுசீலா), இன்னொரு கிளப் பாடலும் உண்டு.

தாதாமிராஸியின் இயக்கமும், டி.கே.ஆரின் இசையும், ஜெமினியின் இரட்டைவேட நடிப்பும், பாடல்களும், ஒளிப்பதிவும் படத்தை தூக்கி நிறுத்தியபோதும் படத்தின் தரத்திற்கேற்ற பலன் (Running) அமையவில்லை.

'சங்கமம்' விறுவிறுப்பாக, சுவாரஸ்யமாக செல்லக்கூடிய, ஆனால் அதேசமயம் அதிகம் கண்டுகொள்ளப்படாத அருமையான படம். ...
    Karthik, I thoroughly enjoyed this piece on Gemini Ganesh. One must give credit to this academician-turned-actor who had not an iota of experience in stage dramas like the others. He came straight into films and created a name for himself along with MGR and Shivaji Ganesan. That was an unprecedented achievement of sorts. As was a known fact his niche audience was ladies. I still wonder why SSRajendran was never reckoned in the top category like the MGR-Shivaji-Gemini trio. Perhaps, this could be a base for a separate discussion.

Yes, Gemini Ganesh did indeed look like MGR in that particular scene. Since MGR took over the crown as the 'King of Romance' from him he was probably trying to be 'vengeful' by appearing like him?! I remember reading wayback of a film function where both MGR and Gemini shared space. MGR took the opportunity in urging Gemini to wean from his soft roles and move towards action movies which were the current trend then. He jocularly asked Gemini whom he fondly calls 'maapillai' - 'neenga eppathaan intha saambarai vittu varapogirirgal?'. MGR was obviously referring to his soft roles as 'saambaar'. Unfortunately, that casual remark by MGR became the replacement title for Gemini Ganesh for a very, very long time. In the film 'Enna Mudhalali Sowkiyima' (1972) Gemini goes at length to spread the virtues of saambar - an apparent defense of his new nickname. MGR claimed the 'Kadhal Mannan' title from Gemini Ganesh and his casual remark became the latter's new crown! Poetic justice?

Anyway, I enjoyed the equation of both these stalwarts as quoted by you in a lighter vein. Please do highlight other of Gemini Ganesh's films so that we could take the road down memory lane.
    Mahendra Raj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MahendraRaj,
    In my opinion ,all the other actors including Gemini sterio typed their love scenes. But Gemini being a soft Romancing Hero willing to go behind heroines won him the special Title. After Sivaji got back his slim Body, movies like niraikudam, Sumathi En Sundari,raja, Vasantha maligai made him the Kathal Chakravarthy. Movies clicked the big way. The beauty is Sivaji never replicate or repeat his love scenes and they have wide range like his other emotions ,it is always expressed in the skin of the characters that he played ,to show that how that particular character would have romanced.
    I dont question your neutrality but you appear biased in your recordings. My humble suggestion is that you stick to the Actors or personality you talk about highlighting their strength ,weakness and achievement without dragging the other with unnecessary comparison and showing your vested interests obviously.
    despite your knowledge and writing style, this trait is making the reader little worked up and turn cold shoulder against you.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent analysis Mahendra raj. Please continue your good work.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Kindly Stick to the posts related to Gemini only in this thread.
    Last edited by Gopal.s; 4th September 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    More than anything it would offer you a clue why many neutral people are avoiding certain threads.
    Hope you do an introspection instead of picking arguments with people having different opinions.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr.NOV,
    You Pl.Visit any of the threads and see yourself . When I say this,it has its purpose and we want a peaceful co-existence.
    Last edited by Gopal.s; 4th September 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Gopal
    I repeat - do an introspection, before you throw accusations against others.
    END

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஜெமினி கணேஷ் தயாரித்த ஒரே சொந்தப் படமான 'நான் அவனில்லை' நல்லதொரு படமாக அமைந்திருந்தும் ஏன் வெற்றி பெறவில்லை என்பது புரியாத புதிர் மட்டுமல்ல, திரைப்பட ஆர்வலர்களுக்கு வருத்தமும் கூட. ஜெமினி பல்வேறு வேடங்களில் நல்ல வித்தியாசம் காட்டி நடித்திருந்தார்.

இப்படத்தின் இயக்குனரான இயக்குனர் சிகரம் கே. பாலச்சந்தர் அவர்களுக்கு இதற்கு முன் வெளியான அரங்கேற்றம் (1973), அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை (1974) ஆகிய படங்கள் பெருவெற்றி கண்டிருந்தும் அதே 74-ல் வெளியான நான் அவனில்லை மட்டும் ஏன் வெற்றியடையவில்லை என்பது இன்றுவரை கேள்விக்குறியே.

மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையில் "மந்தார மலரே", "ராதா காதல் வராதா" பாடல்கள் வானொலியில் அந்த ஆண்டில் பெரிய ஹிட் பாடல்கள்.

சென்னை மௌண்ட் ரோடு ஜெமினி மேம்பாலம் எதிரே தங்கப்பதக்கம் படத்துக்காக நடிகர்திலகம் துப்பாக்கி ஏந்தி நிற்கும் கட்-அவுட், நேற்று இன்று நாளை படத்துக்காக எம்.ஜி.ஆர். மஞ்சள் உடையில் இரட்டை விரல் காட்டி நிற்கும் கட்-அவுட், நான் அவனில்லை படத்துக்காக டிரைவர் யூனிபார்மில் வாயில் சிகரெட்டுடன் ஜெமினி நிற்கும் கட்-அவுட் என மூன்றும் சம உயரத்தில் அடுத்தடுத்து வைக்கப் பட்டிருந்த அந்தப் பொற்கால நினைவுகள் இப்போதும் மனதில் அலை மோதுகின்றன...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Thanks NOV!

To tell you the fact I am already beginning to feel apprehensive over the negative comments. I don't know how I can be branded as having vested interests or showing bias as I sincerely do not belong to any camps or any particular groups out to seek vengeance. Whatever is being written by me is as a result of recollections of articles I have read over a long period of time. Also through my personal meetings with some industry sources. If this thread is meant to be an analysis-alone mode on films then it should have been titled 'Gemini Ganesh Movies'. We can all then confine ourselves to continue doing post-mortems on films and not the artistes per se. The title itself is 'Kadhal Mannan Gemini Ganesh' which is what prompted me to recollect the name-calling incident and also comparing his MGR attire and mannerism in 'Sangamam' . It should be noted that when commenting on such stories there will bound to be some interesting snippets about the artistes or the incidence concerned and it cannot be helped that it is also written - all in the name of entertainment and entertainment alone. Obviously if such elements are missing in the stories it will sound more like a propaganda or promoting the artiste concerned.

When my peers used to belong either the MGR or Shivaji camps I chose Gemini Ganesh for his soft and gentlemanly roles. He still remains my favorite actor and I will make it a point to catch up on his re-runs even though I may have seen it an umpteen times. I hope this will suffice as to how I rever him as an artiste.

I wanted to write on my personal meetings with Gemini when he visited Malaysia in 1974 along with Ravichandran, Surulirajan, Rajhshri etc. for a cultural show. But, after being accused of being prejudiced I have decided against it lest it sparks more unnecessary debates.

I was indeed surprised by the word 'patriotic'. First and foremost we both have never met in person although only recently I came to know that you are living nearby. The whole world is one of a global village now and international discussions take place every second in the Internet. So, accusing you of being 'patriotic' is irrelevant. Perhaps, he feels that just because one is his countrymen then he should defend him at all costs. Ridiculous! Films are made for entertainment and pleasure and discussions should revolve around it alone. Where does 'patriotism' come in here, anyway?

Last but not least, I hope this thread is regarded as an entertainment outlet and not as a base for wild accusations. I assumed the hubbers are rationale as how it was in the TFM Page when such writings were relished about a decade ago. Even if there were to be something like calling a spade a spade thing it was not disputed except for the occasional clarifications. (My humble suggestion is that you post a list of dos and don't dos for newbies at the time they join itself so that they will not be caught unawares and accused). Every discussion was conducted in a gentlemanly manner those days Perhaps times have changed and I am behind time.
    Mahendra Raj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mahendraraj,
    I enjoy your postings and I have nothing personal against you. I remove the postings that might have hurt you. You can also do so. But avoid glorifying others in unrelated thread.You can do so in appropriate forum. That is my humble request.If you read my articles,I focus on the particular topic only. Anyway,you have tried and tested the things which irritate or affend the people. Pl.Avoid them .Take it as the request from a friendly co-hubber.

Page 5 of 277 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast