Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to a "new" Forum for "old" films

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to a "new" Forum for "old" films

With the Tamil Film board growing continuously, its about time that such discussions are split. Thus the creation of this new forum for exclusive dicussions on Old Tamil films.

What are "old"? You decide!

Let the memories begin!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,

I feel sorry that there has been a division among Tamil films threads and I feel pushing these into a seperate section is not right. This indirectly implies that Tamil films released earlier and especially NT threads doesn't deserve a place in the main Tamil films section.

I am not entitled to talk about others but my spending time here itself is to introduce NT and his films to the younger generations, who might not have the chance to know about these things and I am sure you would agree that it became the most popular thread. But pushing these into a seperate section (and naming it as retro), I feel we are shutting the door on them. The newcomers especially youngsters will simply bypass this section.

What made the Mods to decide on such a course of action, I don't know but it hurts.

ஆனால் எல்லா சோதனைகளையும் வென்ற நடிகர் திலகம் இதிலும் வெல்வார்.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your views Murali. Will PM you.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with Murali-sar. But I notice, NT's thread is still in the other section, but still with Retro link on the top
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too am with Murali Srinivas on this. But ennatha, naangaLLam dinosaur generation.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MURALI SONNAAL NAANGA SONNA MADHIRI
    Raghavendran
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all your views; we'll resolve this soon.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    I am not entitled to talk about others but my spending time here itself is to introduce NT and his films to the younger generations, who might not have the chance to know about these things and I am sure you would agree that it became the most popular thread. But pushing these into a seperate section (and naming it as retro), I feel we are shutting the door on them. The newcomers especially youngsters will simply bypass this section.
    Can't echo this more! If the Tamil section is getting overly crowded, deleting "unnecessary" or "irrelevant" threads is a much better option, than splitting the threads based on chronology! We do have a ton of threads/posts that are not of any value, right?

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh, Raghavender Sir, Bay and Plum,

Thanks for your support. But NOV is promising that this will not diminish the importance but rather enhance it. The ideas he had put forth sounds interesting.

Let us give a fair trial before deciding.

Regards

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali-sar, we shall wait and see.

But I definitely would like Sathanai Sigaram thread to be in the other section as well. That will be in sync with your point of attracting younger or new fans. Plus its easy for fans like me to make a quick reference without having to leave that section. Up to NOV now.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast