Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topics to move from old Poems forum

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    geno,

do you mean you saw those posts till last Friday, and they disappeared after migration? Then, it's definitely possible to get them.

I don't think any posts were deleted during the last week at old forum hub.
    Wow!! that's a great news Lets wait for geno's response

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: my comments missing from many threads :(

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    "thirumbiya pinnum"
    http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=285

Many of my comments missing from this thread.

"njaapaka mazhai"
    http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=277
    compare and tell me which ones are missing.

http://forumhub.com/poems/11577.06.06.57.html

http://www.forumhub.com/poems/5949.06.47.39.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR,

In these pages of "thirumbiya pinnum" in old hub - my posts are missing:

1) http://forumhub.com/poems/27666.11577.06.06.57.html

From this page - this 1 post is missing - in the equivalent thread in new hub:

>> From: geno (@ 61.1.202.167) on: Fri Mar 19 16:55:52 EST 2004

2) http://forumhub.com/poems/20856.11577.06.06.57.html

From this page - These 2 posts are missing - in the equivalent thread in new hub:

>> From: geno (@ 61.1.201.224) on: Sat Mar 20 09:45:02 EST 2004

>> From: geno (@ 61.1.202.50) on: Wed Mar 31 16:41:04 EST 2004

================================================== ==============================================

And for 'njaapaka mazhai' my post in that thread's first page is missing - in the new hub.

http://www.forumhub.com/poems/5949.06.47.39.html

>> From: geno (@ 61.1.200.7) on: Wed Apr 21 18:54:55 EDT 2004

================================================== =========================

In the "kadavuLum nAnum" thread - in the new hub:

http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/v...?t=270&start=0

My first post in that thread on April 5-6 of 2004 - is missing from the first page

In the second page of that thread too 1 post is missing ( posted on april 8,2004 )

http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/v...r=asc&start=15

( i couldn't open the old format of this thread - but i know atleast these 2 posts of mine are missing from this thread)

=============================================

Some posts of mine have been transferred properly in these threads and some others have been missing - so i hope this can be corrected.

Let me check if any other specific posts are missing in other threads..

gosh! the new hub pages take a lot of time to open - so i'm not able to do this at one go
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    this doesn't sound good anyway, did you find any1else's post also missing? in that case, there must be a bug in migration script. I'll see tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    RR,

I have a few suggestions!

1. Can we access the moved threads' Old format equivalent threads - from the old hub for 1 more week - so that we can just go there and check if there are any posts which have been left out in the new hub's equivalent threads?? (you can disable posting any new responses in those "old format" threads which have been moved here)

2. Please give a "shortcut" to the "Posting in Tamil" topic in the "hub announcements" forum - in this Poems forum - as a separate sticky topic on top.

This will be of immense help for people who despearately need to find out how to read and write posts here in poems forum.

3. Most ppl. find it hard to post in TSCII. can you please think of implementing a wrapper - so that we can directly post using TSCII text?

Unicode works just fine i know! But i find that not many ppl. here - are willing to take it up coz - it means keep switiching back & forth to reading posts made in TSCII & Unicode - by switching the user-encoding options in the browser!!!

( Thats why i asked abt viewing Unicode & TSCII posts without changing the encoding in my initial response in 'posting in tamil' thread!!

"Red kannadi pOttu koNdu green-il pAkka kekkiringa nu" neenga kindal panninga!! )

Thanx & regards

geno
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    1. done
    2. soon

3. Most ppl. find it hard to post in TSCII. can you please think of implementing a wrapper - so that we can directly post using TSCII text?
    still trying.

Unicode works just fine i know! But i find that not many ppl. here - are willing to take it up coz - it means keep switiching back & forth to reading posts made in TSCII & Unicode - by switching the user-encoding options in the browser!!!
    why do you do that? Just set the browser to default encoding. It shd display both unicode,tscii and any other fonts fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I did it. Try typing with eKalappai keyman set to TSC anjal.

But you still need to enclose in [ tscii ] tags for people who have not set browser to user-defined. Also works only with tcs_avarangal for now.

þ‰¼õ §À¡Ä ¾ðÎí¸ !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx!

Testing :

With TSCII tags:

¯ý¨Éì ¸¡½¡ÐÕÌõ ¦¿¡Ê §¿Ãõ ÀÄ Á¡¾õ ÅÕ¼õ ±É Á¡Úõ

¿£À¡÷ìÌõ À¡÷¨Å¸û âÅ¡Ìõ ¦¿ïÍìÌû ¨¾ì¸¢ýÈ ÓûÇ¡Ìõ!

¸ñ§½ ±ý ¸ñ Àð¼ ¸¡Âõ ¨¸¨Åì¸ ¾¡É¡¸ ¬Úõ!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without TSCII tags:

¯ý¨Éì ¸¡½¡ÐÕÌõ ¦¿¡Ê §¿Ãõ ÀÄ Á¡¾õ ÅÕ¼õ ±É Á¡Úõ

¿£À¡÷ìÌõ À¡÷¨Å¸û âÅ¡Ìõ ¦¿ïÍìÌû ¨¾ì¸¢ýÈ ÓûÇ¡Ìõ!

¸ñ§½ ±ý ¸ñ Àð¼ ¸¡Âõ ¨¸¨Åì¸ ¾¡É¡¸ ¬Úõ!

================================================== ==================================

RR!

thats great!

Now i can directly type in the reply box!

But :

* Irrespective of the user-encoding being "auto-select"/"western europen(windows)/"western europen(ISO)/"User-defined" -- the thamizh text looks jumbled IF it is NOT enclosed in the tscii tags.

But its ok, since now i can atleast SEE what is there in the reply box and am happy!!

And thanx for reminding the "auto-select" option! I checkd it and it works fine with both unicode & TSCII text - that is - i can READ both Unicode & TSCII texts - in the "auto select" encoding

Post Thanks / Like

Testing!!

Testing with tscii tag;

þýÛõ ¿¡ý ±ýÀ¾¡ - ¯ý¨É
    ¿£ ±ýÀ¾¡ - þø¨Ä
    ¿¡õ ±ýÚ §À÷ ¦º¡øž¡

Testing without the tag;

þýÛõ ¿¡ý ±ýÀ¾¡ - ¯ý¨É
    ¿£ ±ýÀ¾¡ - þø¨Ä
    ¿¡õ ±ýÚ §À÷ ¦º¡øž¡

Post Thanks / Like
    oh! YESSSSSS!!! what a relief!!! Now I can type directly in the response box without cutting and pasting Thanks RR!! and thanks to geno for taking so much of effort to make the hubbers write in Tamil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast