Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It happens NOT only in India!!

Member Junior Hubber Hummingbird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It happens NOT only in India!!

[tscii]
    Dear All
    Long time since I hubbed.......

Those who knew me and my reputation to vanish quite so often will now be wondering ‘Okay…. what is it now?’

Well…. Am back for a reason…. A reason that I hope will make me visit the hub more often than before….. and yeah, there is also a reason why I am petering and not writing in my usual Tanglish

I decided I am going to hub again sometime around 7pm yesterday… when I was waiting with my friend for a train in a London underground station…. The experiences between 2pm and 7pm was so exciting and so unexpected that I had to put them down in words and what better place can I think of in this world, than our cozy little hub to share the excitement….

And when I said this friend of mine, who was waiting with me for the train, that I have to write this and I am gonna go back to hub, he was excited as well and wanted to know what I write and how is the response to my writing. And this friend, being a non-Tamilian, asked me to write it fully in English, so that he can also understand whats going on. So that’s the reason for this petering.

Okay… who is this friend? Well…. for now, lets say his name is X-man As we go along, I will share this link with him for him to read and reflect. I thought it would only be fair to share this link as he was also a party to the excitement. I leave it to him to decide to join /not to join this cute community

Here we go with “It happens NOT only in India!!”
    Enjoy life! There is plenty of time to be dead

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curiosity is aroused!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]
    At 2:10pm, I finish work, come out of a building in Borough High Street and call X-man to tell him I am on my way to the meeting point where we were supposed to meet at around 2:30pm.

“Hey, X-man … am on my way”

“Yeah, am leaving office now in 5 mins, will see you at London bridge in 15 mins”

“So where do we meet at London bridge? Which line?”

“I will come from Canary Wharf.. So, on Jubilee line… Will meet at the Jubilee line platform”

“Jubilee line? Ok.. but bound in which direction? East or West?”

“We have to go to Willesden green.. So come to that platform no…”

“Okie.. Will see u at the platform then.. bye”

(For those who are wondering whats this all about, London Underground network is a metro system in London. It is commonly called Tube and if the Tube network breaks on any given day, London will come to a standstill. Tube is such an integral part of London life and anyone who has lived in London even for a very short while would have travelled in it at least once.
    There are many lines, similar to the multiple lines in Mumbai train network. London Bridge, as the name suggests, is a tube station near London Bridge and is served by 3 lines – Jublilee line, Circle line and District line. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground can give you some more insight about this complex and vital transport system in the largest metropolitan area of the European Union.)

I reach London bridge station, Jubilee line platform at 2:20pm and wait for X-man. I look at the time for next train and I see that the 3rd train from then will reach at 2:30pm. So, lets say X-man gets a bit delayed, he should anyway reach by that train. I watch the 3 trains go by and I can see everyone else in London other than X-man is arriving …

Now, I can’t even call him as there is no coverage in the Tube network when it is underground . I had to believe I am waiting at the right platform and he knew I am waiting here..
    Ah!! There comes the next train, may be he missed the previous one by a few seconds, he has to be in this… I try to take a bet as to which compartment he was going to come out of… I don’t mind losing on this bet so long as he comes out of some compartment or other… There you go!!! One more train but no X-man
    Doubt starts creeping into my mind.. did I do any mistake.. did he say 15 mins or 50 mins? But Canary Wharf is just 3 stations from here, so it cant take 50 mins.. it has to be 15…
    So, did he say he will meet me in the platform where the trains are bound for Willesden Green or at the platform where trains are bound for Canary Wharf? Or may be he said he will meet me at the entrance and not at the platform…. What do I do now? Should I go to the entrance or the other platform or continue to believe it is just a matter of delay and not a mistake…..

2:45 pm
    I stopped taking bets now . There comes a train that goes to Stanmore. The train stops, people are getting down and anyway, X-man is not going to be in this.

Is this true?? X-man has indeed come… finally…. Or have I looked for him so much that I am assuming someone else to be him… But no, he is also smiling at me and waving his hand… it is X-man… ‘Hurray!!! It was not a mistake at last’

We immediately get back into the same train as it goes to Baker street where we have to get down to change to another line for the train to Willesden Green

‘Hey! I started on time but a colleague of mine caught me while I was just getting out and that’s why… sorry for the delay’

‘That’s fine’

The train starts and we head to Baker Street.

Yes, that’s the station to get down if you want to go to the world’s most famous address – 221b, Baker Street, the official home of Sherlock Holmes. But no…. we are not going there today!!!!

http://www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kiruthiga...

soooperungO...

BTW... Baker street-nu sonnadhum niRaiya cake shop irukkumnu ninaichEn

Post Thanks / Like
    Has the story ended?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    No..... some more chapters are coming.... this is just the beginning

Post Thanks / Like
    OK! Waiting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu
    kiruthiga...

soooperungO...
    evlavu naal kazhichu vandhalum, ennai udane note panni paaraati encourage pannum madhu annavuku

Quote Originally Posted by madhu
    BTW... Baker street-nu sonnadhum niRaiya cake shop irukkumnu ninaichEn
    Baker streetla naanga maara vendiya line is "Bakerloo line" idhuku enna solringa

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    krithika, dont keep us waiting too long.... sivaji padam release panni 2 varushamaachu :P
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird
    Baker streetla naanga maara vendiya line is "Bakerloo line" idhuku enna solringa
    avLOthAnE !

Ok.. that also happens not only in India

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast