0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angels & Demons

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Angels & Demons

[html:f9069ff81e]

[/html:f9069ff81e]

Dan Brown's Angels & Demons has opened today.
    A&D is supposed to be a prequel to Da Vinci Code.

Anyone watched it?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think I will go for it. Muthal padathirku ennoda belief system ellam oorama vachu paarthittum got my intelligence insulted. Not sure this one will work for me. Paartittu sollungga, maybe you can convince me to watch it.

I wonder why Hanks want to create a franchise for himself. Well, at least he listened to the critic and got the hairstyle repaired.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    belief system?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    belief system?
    It's complicated.

I think it helps if you have read the book. I tried reading, but got bored.

Star Trek, here I come (remba nalla reviews vanthukitturukku both from friends and media reviews).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try reading?

I love the book and have read it umpteen times. And long before it became well-known. :P

p/s I was confused about your belief system.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard bad reviews about this

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    I try reading?

I love the book and have read it umpteen times. And long before it became well-known. :P

p/s I was confused about your belief system.
    Yeah, I think A&D picked up in sales, after the Da Vinci's Code became best seller after the controversy and what not. If you loved the book, I think you will love the movie. Let us know how it was, I know at least my fiance would be interested to watch it. I'd go for Hanks, who is a brilliant actor and not doing anything about it much these days.

My belief system? (Rajini ishtyle) Ee-haaa-haa-haa :P

Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]Drama, action and Rome in digital splendour
    By : Faridul Anwar Farinordin

ANGELS AND DEMONS directed by Ron Howard

Starring Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer, Stellan Skarsgård, Pierfrancesco Favino, Nikolaj Lie Kaas and Armin Mueller-Stahl

HALFWAY through Angels & Demons at a recent press screening, the screen went blank. Exclamations of annoyance followed. The scene resumed seconds later and wow, what a huge difference it was in picture quality! It was crystal clear, with colours so rich and images so vivid.

Viewers were earlier informed that the movie would be played in the conventional 35mm format before switching to digital.

Most of the members of the audience had no idea it would be in a middle of a scene with Tom Hanks swimming in an indoor pool, but all was forgiven the moment it came back on.

What I’m trying to say is this: Catch this movie played in digital format at selected cinemas (visit www.gsc.com.my).
    For discerning movie buffs, the 2D digital format of this title (for the first time in the country) marks the dawn of a new cinematic experience.

Hanks reprises his role as Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon (with a better hairstyle as compared to the laughable bouffant do in the 2006 The Da Vinci Code) in the film adaptation of Dan Brown’s best-selling fiction, Angels & Demons.

The pool scene is an important one. That’s where Langdon is summoned by the Vatican to help out with an incoming threat in a form of an ancient secret society known as the Illuminati, which has had a bad history with the Catholic Church for centuries.

The drama, intrigue and action continue shortly after the Pope’s death, where four Cardinals who are the favourites to be elected as the next Pope (called the preferiti). are kidnapped and scheduled by the hour to be killed in a series of innovative and gruesome death sentences.

Langdon teams up with scientist Vittoria Vetra (Ayelet Zurer) to break codes and symbols in a race against time to save the Cardinals and the Vatican City from an impending catastrophic annihilation from a stolen high-tech time bomb.

The movie is a lot of talk, with much time given to explain what’s what in the Catholic Church’s organisation and how the system works immediately after Pope’s death.

There’re action scenes here and there, and the bulk of the excitement comes from Hanks in his pursuit for the truth.

Unlike The Da Vinci Code, there’s not much biblical reference in Angels & Demons, focusing instead on the goings-on in the Vatican City and its culture, Italian history and its ancient beliefs and mythology. It can be a “heavy” lesson which is fine on paperback.

If The Da Vinci Code is intriguing with its revelations and discoveries that unlock what is supposed to be dark biblical secrets, Angels & Demons is a glamorous and glossy Roman adventure for Dan Brown’s stoic character Langdon.

The beauty of Rome shines in this movie, thanks to the digital format of the screening, making it one of the best tourism videos about the city (although some of them were built in studio) — St Peter’s Square, Piazza Navona, Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon, and Castel Sant’Angelo.

With cameras hovering above and around the iconic historical buildings and landmark in high definition, you’d gasp in delight to see such gorgeous backdrops to this murky story about politics, power play, murder and secret society.
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...y/Features/200
    90513182400/Article/indexF_html

Post Thanks / Like
    The DVC didnt live up to my expectations Rakesh. Furthermore they screwed up the ending and changed several parts of the story. I dont expect AnD to be any better.

About your belief system, this confused me....
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Muthal padathirku ennoda belief system ellam oorama vachu paarthittum got my intelligence insulted. Not

Post Thanks / Like
    Angels and Demons -
    maybe because I have forgotten the details of the book.
    Film was racy and Tom Hanks was good.

Best part for me was the direct insight into Vatican City. WOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast