Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu Outbreak

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Tamiflu will only work if one is infected with H1N1; it cannot be used as a precautionary medication.
    The theory (in general) is that any viral infection has to be fought by the body's immune system and won, as medicine won't kill the germ. (That's why vaccinations - that use attenuated germs thus help body bulid up resistance to a particular virus).

I've often heard from doc's that cold has to be fought by the body and won, so focus on nutrients / rest etc to help body fight. Also, since the cold / flu virus keeps mutating and bringing out "new versions / releases" all the time, vaccines also need to be likewise produced afresh for each case. And practically no one can be "vaccinated" against "all" forms of cold and flu virusses (as there are at least 40 types it seems).

So, how does the "Tamiflu" work? As medicine - at least in theory - cannot fight virus?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_swine_flu_airborne

Looks like we need special kind of masks. Normal surgical masks won't do. It's extremely scary, especially in a country like India. The population density

Post Thanks / Like
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...from-money/?em

One more reason to use plastic rather than currency

I wonder how much part the rupee notes play in transmitting various forms of germs

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...ow/4870647.cms

"Gelsemium and Bryonia were the two homeopathic remedies that proved to be effective against the H1N1 strain back then. These could be of great use even today," Batra said.

So why WHO (the World Health Organisation) or the health ministry has not taken homeopathy's help in tackling the H1N1 outbreak?

"In Brazil, the homeopathic doctors' community has collected data on the symptoms of swine flu and homeopathic treatments for symptoms and are spreading the word on its effectiveness through internet," he added.

More than 616 people have been detected with H1N1 virus so far in India, of which 487 have been discharged. The disease has claimed one life in India.

People however should not panic. The chances of dying of swine flu are just as low as dying of common flu, homeopathic doctors said unanimously.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026148.html

Homeopathy was successful in treating the flu epidemic of 1918 and can provide answers to questions about the 2009 Swine Flu. Homeopathy can provide quick and inexpensive relief for symptoms of the flu.

Post Thanks / Like
    SP,

I agree homeopathy is quite inexpensive and extremely effective for a number of ailments.

It's especially good for children, hardly any side effects

I think one of the homeopathic principles is to "strengthen the immune system" and so I'm not surprised at the effectiveness for flu and such viral diseases. I had a medical rep friend (very senior in his company selling "english" medicine ) who used to treat family members only with homeo!

The only trouble with homeopathy is the capability of the physician to diagnose There are any number of doc's claiming to be homeopaths who can't differentiate between infection and allergy

So, diagnose using popular methods - after confirming the kind of ailment, treat using homeopathy -that physician's diagnosis can also be the 2nd opinion -seems to be a safer approach.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    So, diagnose using popular methods - after confirming the kind of ailment, treat using homeopathy -that physician's diagnosis can also be the 2nd opinion -seems to be a safer approach.
    True app!

Thats the precise reason why I posted it here. In case someone gets infected its better he or she ALSO go in for alternative medicine. It sure wont harm you, when its life saving challenge .

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    malaysia's latest figures:

death - 62
    infected - 3,587
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more died of swine flu in Bangalore on Sunday taking the city''s swine flu death toll to 4. The death toll in India is now at 26.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Homeopathy preventive for chikunguniya was quite effective in my experience... so believing tht it would help protect myself from swine flu, I've taken the preventive for it as well... the preventive will be effective for 6 months they say... prevention is better than cure..even though we cant be 100% sure abt its effectiveness, no harm in trying it out when we don't have any other better preventive medicine...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Homeopathy preventive for chikunguniya was quite effective in my experience...
    Same with a number of my relatives in India who didn't get affected. As I said, it's quite effective for certain ailments

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast