• Yes!!!

27 77.14%
  • No

8 22.86%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Suththa thamizhachi thaamarai

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so pained to write this, that we are the only linguistic group that cannot unite and come together even under severe calamity and even when someone is outrageously unleashing torture

Every other language group have their own internal fights / squabbles etc but when some external force strikes, they unite strongly (even people so opposed and fragmented like LDF & UDF in Kerala).

No, not with ThamizharkaL with people like mukA & JJ around! When will these people understand ஒன்று பட்டால் உண்டு வாழ்வு? Well looks like they only follow the எரிகிற வீட்டில் பிடுங்கினது ஆதாயம் technology What a shame!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Linguistic group? I don't see Gujaratis from India joining hands with Gujjus who immigrated to Africa 100 years ago or hindi speakers of India joining hands with the hindi speakers of Guyana or the West Indies who moved the hundred years ago.

However, I do agree that we should stand up when human beings are tortured or abused anywhere be it in Guantanamo or in Iraq or in Sri Lanka.
    [i][b]I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily.

If all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery went on vacation, there wouldn't be a person left in town.

In a world filled with hate we must still dare to hope

Post Thanks / Like

Be thoughtful not to disturb communal harmony
    – President to Media

The media should not be used to disturb communal harmony. The defeat of the LTTE and terrorism has brought the country to the threshold of a new era of unity and understanding. The media should act with a sense of responsibility in this situation, and not encourage old attitudes that led to disharmony and mistrust to prevail, said President Mahinda Rajapaksa to the owners and chief editors of the print and electronic media, June 05, At Temple Trees.

In his first interactive session with key persons, of the Sinhala, Tamil and English media, since the defeat of the LTTE, President Rajapaksa said the first priority today was the building of trust and understanding among communities, with the view to national unity. The media has a major role to play in this. The forces of communal hatred, separatism and terror should not be allowed to raise their heads, through the misuse of the power of the media.

The President cautioned that at present “There is a danger that even a small incident could be blown up by provocative elements to cause much damage… My earnest appeal to you is not to write or broadcast anything that would create unnecessary divisions in society.”

“Do not write anything to arouse hatred, do not let another terrorist movement to emerge,” he added.

He also requested the media not to defame anyone or use the media to settle personal vendettas, which could lead to incidents that could implicate the Government for no fault of its own.

The President also requested the editors to visit the welfare villages in the North to see for themselves the conditions there and get an understanding of the colossal tasks that the government has already undertaken in the wake of the unprecedented and unexpected influx of civilians who fled from the clutches of the LTTE into the safety of the government. He urged the media to use their influence to make the country fully aware of the humanitarian issues that are being addressed in resettling these Internally Displaced Persons who are citizens of Sri Lanka.

The government has drawn up a 180 day plan for resettlement of the Internally Displaced Persons after completing de-mining and providing infrastructure and basic necessities, the President said.

http://www.priu.gov.lk/news_update/C...al_harmony.htm

[i][b]I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily.

If all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery went on vacation, there wouldn't be a person left in town.

In a world filled with hate we must still dare to hope

Post Thanks / Like
    மறுபடியும் கடிதம் எழுத ஆரம்பிச்சாச்சு

http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?...date=6/17/2009

ஏம்ப்பா இந்த மாதிரி பயங்கர சீரியஸ் விஷயத்துக்கு ஒரு டெல்லி விசிட் - அட் லீஸ்ட் ஃபோன் பண்ணக்கூடாதா?

Post Thanks / Like
    http://news.in.msn.com/international...mentid=3042896

Some media attention to katchatheevu.

Why there seems to be never an interest from Delhi on TN fishermen?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enga Kudumbatha kavaniyunga appuram TN fishermen etc ellam paathukkalam

appadinu ketkAmal kEtta, Podamal Potta, EzhuthAmal Ezhuthappatta oru udanpadikkaiyA irukkalAm

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dinamalar.com/fpnnews.asp?News_id=4146

These two main comedians of TN politics never stop fighting each other on aRikkais.

When will they ever learn to work together when issues are after all about confronting a "common enemy"?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what gos around; comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes

What is so very incredible about this?

An organisation that works so efficiently to pin point and assist SL govt, is sleeping at the Paki and Bangladeshi gates not once or twice, but counting from the second Mumbai blast to Delhi blast to the recent one and the ones to follow all under the current regime of Manmohana and Sonia. If it can work efficiently in a foreign country in a setting so alien, then working in Pakistan and Bangladesh must be a piece of cake with the 'blending in' so easy to achieve. They are not ordered to that effect by political masters - As simple as it is - there is no need to be suspicious about this because it is politics.
    Pachchaya solla pona, hard steps towards tracking and crushing panna pona idiotic parties like Left , SP and other mindless udhiris will raise hue and cry painting tough measures against ISI sponsored terrorism as 'anti minority' policy. This is the electoral fear that is preventing Congress govt to pussy foot. However Manmohan sonia group will not worry a little bit when they have to ask RAW to 'help' SLA to give location of School or Hospital that has to be bombed. As the article in rediff said - blood is on the hands of India - it is innocent blood - not that of prabhakaran and LTTE - they had anyways made their appointment with death since the days of cyanide - but that of the people who were in NE. This will prove costly not today or tomorrow - but some other day - Fortunately or unfortunately the sinners of today will not be in the top post then.

However varisu arasiyal is giving me hopes that atleast someone from their family will be there when the comeuppance comes calling.
    Something worthy of my visit to the hub after a long time.
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is older - 1821 CE? or 622 CE?

Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Like the holocaust verse quoted by the SL journalist (who got killed subsequently), if we're not questioning now - thinking we're safe anyways, such things will happen to us too, without fail.

Absolutely.

cankam literature talks about / names 100s of different types of Fishes/marine life; tamils have been "kadalOdikaL" for milleannia..

now we have the central govt. which forces the "meenavarkaL" to get "permits" to Fish along our coast!, and lets our fisherfolk to be hunted down by the SL Navy.

Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto" is being played out in real life on tamils.

Perhaps the "Akhanda Nationalists" and Pesudo-democratic "I-shall-protect-Religious-identity-and-mock-ethnic-identities" people should remember that "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536